Connection

Noona in Charge

 

The boys were back at the SM building rehearsing the choreography since they would record the new music video that day. Changmin and Yunho were around and watched as they practiced, and so did Taeyeon. She got them some snacks, including a special one for Leeteuk.  Nicky was upstairs with the rest of the managers planning the hectic weeks ahead. Since Nicky was not around, Taeyeon grabbed every chance she got to get closer to Leeteuk, giving him water, a towel and just being close. Leeteuk tried to brush her off without being rude but she wouldn’t get the hint.  Yunho noticed it and looked at her with accusatory eyes. Once the SUJU boys finished their rehearsal, Yunho grabbed Taeyeon by the arm. “Taeyeon-ah, what are you doing?” Yunho asked. “Oppa, let me go.” She responded moving her arm.  “Wait, what are you doing? Stop harassing Leeteuk hyung.” He said. “I am not harassing him! He’s my friend.” She replied. “It’s not appropriate for you to be always around him.” Yunho added. “He is my friend” Taeyeon responded. “He is Nicky noona’s boyfriend” he said in a low voice. “That’s none of my concern.” She replied with a serious face. “It should concern you. Stop being childish” Yunho added. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She responded. “He loves her, Taeyeon. And he chose her. Deal with it.” He replied. “And what do you know about what I have to deal with?” Taeyeon said getting closer to him. “Because I know how you feel.” He responded looking at her  and she understood what he meant. “You like her too? What kind of sorcery is this? She’s got everybody blinded?” Taeyeon said walking away. “Be happy for him and don’t do anything you might regret later…or I will start talking.” Yunho added making her turn around to face him. “You wouldn’t” she said. “Try me” he responded with a serious face, walking past her.

Nicky went to Kona Beans to grab some food and coffee for the boys. As soon as she entered, Leeteuk’s mother called her and brought her to the kitchen. She was cooking something and she moved Nicky closer to the stove;  she started showing all the ingredients she was using and slowly adding them to the food while saying their names. Nicky understood some words and then realized that Leeteuk’s mother was trying to teach her how to cook that food;  it was Leeteuk’s favorite. When it was ready, she gave it to Nicky so she could deliver it to the boys. Nicky thanked her and left with the food. “I’m back!” she said entering the room where the boys were getting ready. “Food! Thanks noona!” said Sungmin grabbing a package. “Perfect! I’m starving!” said Shindong. They all grabbed one and sat down to eat. Nicky gave a special one to Leeteuk. “I helped to make this.” She said giving him the bowl. “Really?” he responded. “I think your mom was trying to teach me how to prepare it.” Nicky added with a chuckle as Leeteuk opened the bowl and saw his favorite food. “Oh!!! My favorite! You learn?” he asked her with a huge smile on his face and taking a bite. “Not really! But I can help!” she responded laughing while he fed her some of it.

After eating, they all got ready and started recording the music video. There were various wardrobe changes so it was going to be a long night. Leeteuk was finishing his hair and makeup with Nia, a young stylist that was also Nicky’s friend. She didn’t know that they were a couple but she imagined that something was going on between them since Leeteuk was always following Nicky. “You are done!” Nia said spraying some mist on his hair. “Thanks Nia-sshi” he said looking in the mirror. Nicky entered the room looking for a shirt for Donghae. “Hi Nia!” she said looking at the stylist. “Nicky unnie! Hello!” Nia responded preparing her makeup table for the next guy. Leeteuk got closer to Nicky, grabbing her by the waist. “What are you doing? Go get changed!” she said in a low voice. “Arasso” he responded smiling and kissing her passionately on the lips. Nicky got surprised since Nia was still in there; he broke the kiss and left the room winking at her and laughing. Nia had a huge grin on her face and she pointed at Nicky with a comb. “I knew it! I knew it!” Nia said laughing. “Please don’t say a word! I’m begging you!” Nicky pleaded, really embarrassed.  “Unnie! He’s your boyfriend?” Nia asked getting closer. “Yes, but you can’t tell! Please!” Nicky responded. “I won’t!” Nia said zipping with her hand.

The recording kept going for a long time. Now the boys were going to do their individual  parts. A new wardrobe change was in store and they all got ready. It was a weird ensemble of black leather and random pieces of clothing. Michelle arrived with some coffee for everybody and now she was right next to Nicky, talking about how everything was going. “I love the song!” Michelle said drinking her coffee. “Yes , it’s really contagious” Nicky responded writing something on her clipboard. Leeteuk came out of a room wearing the leather ensemble. He had  a bold leather belt on his waist and some leather covering his neck. His eye makeup was amazing and he looked really y in all. “Have you looked at Leeteuk?” Michelle asked Nicky elbowing her. Nicky looked up and became speechless. Since he started working out again he had gotten more muscles, but with those clothes he looked even better. She suddenly felt warm all over and started fanning herself with the clipboard. “Are you fanning yourself with a clipboard?” Michelle asked her, laughing. “What? It’s getting warmer! Don’t you feel warmer?” Nicky said touching her forehead. “The only hot thing in here is your boyfriend!” Michelle responded laughing. “He does look amazing, right? Ok, enough! Back to work Veronica!” Nicky said looking at him. “Unnie, that’s your boyfriend. You want it? You go grab him and find an empty room for a while; I’ll cover you.” Michelle said winking at her. “Michelle!” Nicky responded hitting her with the clipboard.

The music video took all night and they finished the next morning. The boys were extremely tired but they only had a little time at the dorm until they have to return to SM. Their comeback was the next week and they had to be perfect. While grabbing some things in the dorm, Nicky saw Kyuhyun asleep on the table. “Kyu, sweetie. Your neck is going to hurt, move to the sofa” she told him combing his hair. He looked up and smiled at her. “Not sleeping, I’m ok” he responded straightening up. When he moved, his necklace came out of his shirt. He was wearing a small medallion with a hand with a red string tied on its pinky finger. “That’s a very cute necklace” Nicky said looking at it.  “Thanks” he responded putting it back inside his shirt. “Looks like part of a set” Nicky added with a small smile. “It is” he responded smiling. “And where’s the other one?” she asked him. “Far” he responded with a smirk and standing up. “Oh goodness! Cho Kyuhyun, is there anything I need to know?” she said looking at him with suspicious eyes. “No” he replied entering his room and making an evil laugh. “I will find out!” Nicky shouted at him, laughing.

While the boys were practicing, Nicky looked for an empty room and video-called Jessy on her computer.  “Hey girl!” Jessy said answering the call in her laptop. “Let me see your necklace” Nicky said. “What? What’s gotten into you? No’ hello, nice to see you’?” Jessy said confused. “Hi! How are you? Let me see your necklace!” Nicky responded. “Why?” Jessy asked. “Curiosity” Nicky responded and Jessy showed her the necklace. She had a medallion with a hand with a red string tied to its pinky finger, just like Kyuhyun’s. “I knew it!” Nicky said. “What?” Jessy asked. “Kyu gave you that necklace, right?” Nicky said. “Yes he did. It was a sweet gift.” Jessy responded with a smile.  “Did he tell you that its part of a set?” Nicky said smiling. “A set? No.” Jessy responded. “Did he tell you the story of it?” Nicky said. “I know it is something about souls being connected through an invisible red sring.” Jessy replied. “Correct. And he’s wearing the other one.” Nicky said smiling. “He is?” Jessy said blushing a little. “You do know that he likes you, right?” Nicky said. “Kind of” Jessy responded with a shy smile. “Well, he does. And he’s a very introvert child when it comes to personal stuff.” Nicky said. “First of all, he’s not a child. He’s a man. And second, I think he had been honest with me and I have been honest with him.” Jessy said smiling. “Meaning?” Nicky asked. “That we are honest with each other” Jessy said laughing. “How come none of you are open with me?” Nicky said pouting. “We’re just very good friends.” Jessy added. “I don’t believe you, but whatever!” Nicky said moving her arms. “We know a lot about each other…and awful lot.” Jessy said winking at Nicky. “You better start telling me ‘cause my imagination could be worse than reality!” Nicky said and Jessy laughed. “You and Leeteuk have a special connection, right? Well, we have a special connection as well.” Jessy responded smiling. “Ok then. I will find out!” Nicky said and they both laughed.