Connecting Door

Noona in Charge

It was very early in the morning and Nicky was making some coffee in the kitchen. She was always the first one to wake up; she realized that she had to wake up early if she wanted to use the bathroom without any rush and sharing a bath with 4 boys was not easy.  She suddenly heard a door opening  and without looking she knew that it was Leeteuk; he was always the first of the guys to wake up and they usually talked and drank coffee while waiting for the other boys.  Nicky suddenly felt nervous about talking to him; last night he gave her the earrings but left before she could say anything.

Nicky finished making the coffee and sat on the table with her cup, she was revising the boys’ agenda when Leeteuk walked into the dinning room. “Good Morning, Nicky-ah” he said smiling. “Good morning Teukie. You want some coffee?” she asked standing up and moving to the kitchen. “Neh” he replied sitting down. He kept looking at her moving around the small kitchen, she seemed nervous and he laughed softly at this. She came closer to the table with the cup and gave it to him. “Thank you” he said grabbing the cup.  She smiled and started talking not really looking at him, “Teukie……..”

Good morning!” said Sungmin entering the dorm and interrupting Nicky. “Minnie! Good morning!” Nicky said  looking at him. “You’re up early”  said Leeteuk drinking from his coffee. “You want some breakfast?” Nicky asked him but he just hugged her and continued walking to the kitchen. “I’ll make!” Sungmin said.  Nicky and Leeteuk just looked at each other; she then mouthed “thank you” to Leeteuk  while tucking her hair behind her ears to show him that she was wearing the earrings. She didn’t want to say anything about that in front of the others since he gave her the gift when they were alone.  He just smiled and winked at her making her blush a little.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicky was out shopping with some of the boys’ sisters. Since she started working for Super Junior she made a priority to meet and get along with all of their families. She was very close to all the boys’ mothers, she said that they needed to know who was taking care of their children. All the mothers loved her and she had to call them “omma” or they will get mad at her.  That day she was out with InYoung, Ahra , Sora and Jiwon (Leeteuk’s, Kyuhyun’s, Eunhyuk’s and Siwon’s) shopping and having lunch with them. Nicky’s phone started ringing and she answered it:  “Minnie, sweetie what’s wrong?........Yes, I’m still shopping…………….what do you need?........................Shorts?.......Boxer shorts?......Sungmin! You need me to buy that now?..................Ok…………………yes, and v-necks shirts, ok………………….yes, I know your size………………tell Kyuhyun to stop screaming!.....ok, see you later, bye-bye!”  She hung up and the other girls just looked at her smiling. “You buy their clothes? Jiwon asked. “Not really; but sometimes I do buy things they need. They can’t really shop a lot.” Nicky answered writing down what Sungmin asked for. “That’s true. And…you know all their sizes?” InYoung asked and they all giggled. “Yes….I do know their sizes, I’m their noona, ok?” Nicky said and they all laughed.  “How do our brothers treat you?” Ahra asked. “They are great, sometimes they drive me crazy but I can handle them!” Nicky answered.  They kept talking for a while, she got along with all of them, specially with InYoung since they were almost the same age; and maybe also because she was Leeteuk’s sister.

After saying goodbye to the girls Nicky stopped at Michelle’s house to pick some documents that she was translating for her. “You just saved my life again!” said Nicky picking the papers. “That’s my job! How are the Korean classes going?” Michelle asked. “Ugh! I at Hangeul! But I’m learning, just very slowly!” she replied and they both laughed. “Hey, those earrings are new. They’re pretty” Michelle said looking at them. “Oh…they were a gift” Nicky said not looking at her. “From who?”  Michelle asked noticing how tense Nicky got.  “Well……..OK, I’m telling you but don’t read too much into it ok?”  Nicky replied getting out the little note. “I think I can guess” Michelle said grabbing the note from Nicky’s hand and reading it. “OMG! I knew it!” Michelle said excitedly .  “It was a birthday gift!” Nicky added.  “Nuh uh! Read this sweetie, read! It says ‘Love, Jung Soo’; not ‘best wishes’, not ‘sincerely’, it says LOVE! L-O-V-E!”  Michelle added very excited while Nicky tried to get the note back. “I shouldn’t have shown you that!” Nicky said getting back the note.

“What are you doing about it?” Michelle asked. “About what?” Nicky replied. “Come on! It’s more than obvious that he likes you and you like him as well!” Michelle responded. “Michelle! No it’s not!” Nicky replied. “You have to do something! Unless you prefer Yunho…..” Michelle said .  “Yunho? What does Yunho have to do with this?” Nicky asked surprised. “Oh unnie! You’re so clueless!” said Michelle laughing.

Finally the SMTown show was going to NYC. And to make things even more interesting, the company decided to record everything backstage for a movie about the SM artist lineup.  Nicky was extremely excited about this show; she loved NYC and there she would be the local and not the foreigner.  Since they recorded every single move of the artists, Nicky tried to make sure she was never near the cameras but the boys made sure of the contrary. They presented her to the camera crew as their noona and said great things about her on camera, which made her happy but embarrassed at the same time.

The NYC show was amazing and they all had a great time over there but now they were back in Korea and ready to do a special presentation on board a cruise ship. All the SM artist were doing a special ‘SMTown All Aboard!’ show  on a 4 day cruise. Fans were allowed to buy cabins and some were even given away on special contests. Nicky was worried since Michelle couldn’t come, but Jung Hoo told her that she could always ask Amber, Jessica or Tiffany for help whenever she felt she couldn’understand and he wasn’t around.

After doing the check-in, they were getting their room keys. “Here you have it boys. Don’t lose the keys and remember your room numbers but please! Don’t tell the fans in which room you are, ok?” Jung Hoo said as he gave them the keys. “Nicky, you have a master key. This key opens all the rooms on that floor. And Leeteuk you have a master key as well.” Said Jung Hoo giving them the keys. “Master key! You guys are still under my watch, so behave!” Nicky said and they all laughed.

Everyone left to their rooms so they could be ready for the activities of that afternoon. Nicky was checking hers, it was small but very cozy. She noticed that there was a connecting door on the wall. “This was a bigger room and they divided it into two.” She said to herself and got closer to the wall. She heard some movement on the other room and knocked on the connecting door. “Hello?” she said knocking on the door. What a surprise she got when the connecting door suddenly opened and on the other side was Leeteuk. “Nicky-ah!” he said very excited. “That is your room? And the door lock is on your side of the door; oh goodness!” she said feeling her cheeks burn. “We neighbors!”  said Leeteuk smiling. “Yes, I guess we are!” Nicky replied smiling and resting her head on the wall.  This was going to be an interesting journey……………………………..