Tell

Noona in Charge

“That is going to be amazing!” Michelle said very excited. “Are you sure you can’t come?” Nicky asked her. “Sorry, I can’t. I’m going to be in charge of the night clubs for that month. But you are going and you will enjoy it fully!” Michelle added. “I’ll be working, and it’s just four days and the whole SM Town lineup is going to be there, so I’ll be babysitting idols as usual.” Nicky replied. “Whatever girl! Working on board a cruise still counts as a get-away!” responded Michelle. “What I’m really excited about is the SMTown concert in New York City!” Nicky added with a big smile. “Oh! I’m going to miss that as well!!” said Michelle pouting. “I won’t need you in New York; that’s my ‘hood!” Nicky said and they both laughed. “That’s fine, Min Woo will have to take me there after I finish with the night clubs. By the way, everything’s set for Heechul’s goodbye party.” Michelle added. “Really? Thank you sooooo much, Michelle!” Nicky said. Michelle’s family owned several nightclubs in South Korea and she offered one to have a private goodbye party for Heechul a couple of days before his enlistment.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Nicky was in her room talking to one of her friends in Puerto Rico via webcam, and the boys kept coming in and out of her room to see what she was doing. “Guys, this is a personal conversation, do you mind to get out?” she said trying to get them to be calm.  “Who you talk to?” asked Kyuhyun getting closer to the computer.  “Who is that?” her friend asked as Kyuhyun got closer. “That’s Kyuhyun, the youngest of the bunch. Sweetie could you please move!” Nicky said trying to get him out. “Yah! Curly! What you do?” Heechul asked her entering the room. He was wearing one of his long, kind of girly tshirts and he had a bandana on his hair. “Oh goodness! I’m busy! Why are you here? You look like a girl, by the way.” She said looking at Heechul. “I no girl, I am man. I can show you” Heechul said with an evil grin on his face. “KIM HEECHUL!” shouted Leeteuk from the living room and the rest of the guys laughed; he had been listening to everything. “Get out!” Nicky told Heechul and he left.

That diva was Heechul, he’s too dramatic for his own good” Nicky told her friend and they both laughed.  “You live with all of them?” her friend asked. “Just four, the others live downstairs” Nicky replied. Donghae and Leeteuk entered her room , Donghae was eating cookies and offered some to Nicky. Leeteuk just sat on the floor. “Donsaengs bothering?” he asked Nicky. “It’s okay, I can control them” she replied grabbing a cookie from Donghae. “Thank you sweetie” she told him eating the cookie. “Donghae-ahh, let’s go” Leeteuk ordered and they both left. “That was the guy that came here with you, right?” Nicky’s friend asked. “Yes; you remember him?” she asked. “Of course! He seems so nice and has this serene aura; he’s special Vero. You should consider it” her friend said winking at her. Nicky was aware of how special Leeteuk was, actually he was too special.  Since the kitchen incident, she have tried to avoid being alone with him just to keep her mind clear but things where already clear in her heart.

--------------------------------------------

The boys were backstage getting ready for the last Mr. Simple promotion stage; it was also Heechul’s last stage before enlistment.  “Sweetie, you will be seating during the musical presentation. You can’t dance, arasso?” Nicky told Donghae. “Arasso” he replied; he had injured his knee. All the guys were a little gloomy that day because it was Heechul’s last presentation. He seemed normal but deep inside he was hurting too. The musical number went normal but at the end of the show, as Heechul said some words to the audience, Leeteuk started crying uncontrollably. Nicky watched everything from backstage and felt really bad. It was very painful for her to see him cry like that. As soon as the boys returned backstage she grabbed Leeteuk by the hand and separated from the rest of the group.

“Teukie, it’s alright. He’s going to be okay and time will go by fast. You’ll see!” she said trying to help him feel better. He was more calm but tears kept falling from his eyes and now he was surprised of Nicky’s reaction. She had been scolded endlessly by the SM ahjumas for touching them, even when they were the ones touching her but now she was holding his hands. He felt better already just by that but felt the need to hug her and he did. She hugged him back and rubbed his back telling him that everything was going to be okay. “Thank you” he said as she break the hug and wiped his tears away. “That’s what I’m here for” she replied and gave him a sweet , small kiss on the cheek before leaving. For her that was normal, something she did to friends all the time in Puerto Rico. He was surprised by it but at the same time he couldn’t stop smiling.

---------------------------------------------------

The music was blasting at the nightclub during Heechul’s goodbye party. Lots of people from SM, Michelle, her husband Min Woo, and a couple of friends of Heechul were having a great time. After the party, the Super Junior members, Jung Hoo, Nicky and Michelle went to eat something at a small dinner the boys usually visited. The boys were drinking and laughing and Shindong served some soju for Nicky. “Noona, drink!” he said giving it to her. “No thank you! I don’t mix well with alcohol!” Nicky said giving the shot glass to Kyuhyun who drank it really fast. “You no drink?” asked Shindong   “She gets talkative when she drinks, and cries a lot” Heechul added drinking from a bottle.  “You cry and talk a lot when drunk?” Michelle asked Nicky “That’s what he said?” Nicky asked her back.

“Yah! You guys knew she was going to be a nun?” Heechul said with a smirk.  The rest of the guys just looked at Nicky and she looked at Michelle. “He’s telling them about the nun thing.” Michelle explained. “He WHAT!?!?” Nicky said mortified. “Who told you that?” she asked him “You” Heechul replied smiling. Nicky got nervous, apparently she didn’t remember everything she said that night and now she was worried. “Noona, you are nun?” asked Donghae. “No……no……obviously I’m not a nun, but I did live in the convent for almost a year.” She answered  and all the boys’ eyes were glued to her while Michelle translated.  “Why?” asked Sungmin. “Um……becoming a nun was the plan after some…..eh……unworthy events………but that really wasn’t my calling so I left.” Nicky answered a little uncomfortable while Michelle translated for the guys. “You went from living in a convent to living with a bunch of guys? That’s a biiiiiig change!” said Shindong and they all started laughing. Leeteuk just looked at Nicky; that bit of information explained a lot of things about her but at the same time created more mystery.

After the finished eating and talking, Nicky grabbed Heechul and confronted him. “Hey! What was that about? What do you mean I talk a lot? What did I say?” she asked him a little worried. “A lot! Very interesting!” Heechul answered with a smirk and moving away from her. She stood there in disbelief, of all the guys she had to got drunk with the master of evilness. “Yah! Curly! You take me to army base tomorrow, arasso?” Heechul shouted to her and then left with the boys.  He have told the rest of the members that he was going to the army base alone with the manager,  no big goodbyes, no tears. Nicky just stood there confused, “Why does he wants me to take him? He hates me!” she thought as she walked to the car.

-------------------------------------------------------

Nicky was driving Heechul to the military base and they both were silent. He was looking in the mirror fixing his hat, the one he has been wearing since he cut his hair very short. Nicky looked at him and decided to break the silence. “Why did you want me to take you? We don’t get along, you hate me.” She said. “No hate.” He responded still looking in the mirror. There was another silence. “Ok, I can’t take it anymore. What did I say that night? Tell me!” Nicky added. He smirked and looked at her. “A lot. I know a lot from that night”. He said. “Kim Heechul, stop messing with me!” Nicky said.  He laughed at her. “The nun thing, not surprise. You boring!” he added. “Stop it! That’s why you wanted me to drive you so could make fun of me?” she said.  “Ani. Need you to take care of Jung Soo.” He said.  Nicky looked at him confused. “Just him? Not the others?” she asked. “Many dongsaengs, but only one hyung” he said and Nicky smiled. They reached the base and Nicky parked the car.  “And get drunk with Jung Soo ……..maybe you tell  you love him” he added with a smirk and opened the door. “What?!?!?!” Nicky asked grabbing his arm so he wouldn’t get out of the car. “You say you love him that night; tell him!” he said winking at her and exit the car. Screams and cameras clicks filled the surroundings, but Nicky just remainded inside the car, shocked and embarrassed.