Curiosity

Noona in Charge

Super Show 4 started with the shows in Seoul and the boys were awesome! Fans were going crazy during the concert, the boys’ solo acts were something amazing. Ryeowook surprised the whole world with his “Moves like Jagger” interpretation; making Nicky realize that he wasn’t as innocent as he looked.  Leeteuk’s solo song was beautiful, he kept it a secret from Nicky but as he was leaving the backstage he told her that the song was for her. Once he started singing the song “She”, Nicky got teary eyed, it was beautiful and listening to him sing in English was amazing.

She
May be the face I can't forget
The trace of pleasure or regret
May be my treasure or the price I have to pay
She
May be the song that summer sings
May be the chill that autumn brings
May be a hundred different things
Within the measure of a day
She
May be the beauty or the beast
May be the famine or the feast
May turn each day into a heaven or a hell
She may be the mirror of my dreams
The smile reflected in a stream
She may not be what she may seem
Inside her shell
She
Who always seems so happy in a crowd
Whose eyes can be so private and so proud
No one's allowed to see them when they cry
She
May be the love that cannot hope to last
May come to me from shadows of the past
That I'll remember till the day I die
She
May be the reason I survive
The why and wherefore I'm alive
The one I'll care for through the rough in ready years
Me
I'll take her laughter and her tears
And make them all my souvenirs
For where she goes I've got to be
The meaning of my life is
She
She, oh she
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was very late at night in the dorm; everyone was sleeping when a sudden and anguished scream broke the silence.  Leeteuk jumped out of bed and run to Nicky’s room. Once he got there, he found her sweating and crying, with her eyes still closed saying things in what he believed was Spanish. “Jagiya! Nicky-ah! Calm! Calm! Is Jung-Soo!” Leeteuk said trying to calm her and hugging her. She was still saying things and fighting his arms until she opened her eyes and focused on him. “Teukie!” she said crying and hugging him very tight.  “Is ok. Is ok!” he kept saying hugging her. Ryeowook and Shindong came into her room and the lights. “What’s wrong?” asked Shindong. “Noona, you ok?” asked Ryeowook getting closer to the bed. Nicky just cried and hugged Leeteuk until she calmed down a little bit.

Ryeowook prepared some tea and gave it to Nicky. She was now sitting in the sofa, Leeteuk still by her side. “Thanks sweetie” she told Wookie as she took the cup, still shaking.  “You better?” asked Shindong standing behind her and looking at her. “Y…yes... it was nothing” she replied looking at the cup. Her eyes were still watery and she kept sniffling.  Leeteuk just kept looking at her; it was the second time he has seen her cry like that, the first time being when Tia Vicky died. He was certain that whatever her nightmare was, it was serious. “Boys, go to sleep. I’m sorry for waking you up. Go rest, you need to. “she told them. “You sure?” Ryeowook asked hugging her.. “Yes. Thanks for everything” she replied hugging him and then Shindong. They both left to their rooms leaving her in the sofa with Leeteuk. “Teukie, you need to sleep too.” She said looking at him.  “You no alone. Stay with me” he replied. “No. I’m fine.” She said wiping some tears from her eyes. “Ani. Not alone” Leeteuk insisted. “You can’t stay in my room and I’m not staying in yours. I’m not breaking the rules” she responded. “Ani” Leeteuk added. “Teukie, I’m serious! I’m not breaking the rules!” She replied firmly. They looked at each other defiantly.  Leeteuk was serious, looking straight into her eyes. “Arasso” he responded standing up and moving to his room with a serious expression.  Nicky suddenly felt guilty, he was just trying to comfort her but she was so harsh. She felt like crying again when suddenly Leeteuk returned from his room carrying some covers and pillows and placed them on the sofa. He sat right next to her bringing her closer to himself. “We sleep here. You not alone” he said caressing her cheek. Nicky started crying at his sweet gesture. She kissed him and hugged him real tight. “I love you Teukie” she said to him. “Saranghe, Nicky-ah” he replied while they both lay down to sleep.

Nicky’s nightmares continued for 2 days. Leeteuk was extremely worried because she never talked about them. She always said she never remember them, but he knew she was pretending to be strong. The boys decided to ask Jessy about it since she was a long time friend of Nicky. Kyuhyun and Leeteuk asked Siwon to be there during the video call since he was the member who knew more English. “Hi Jesy noona!” Kyuhyun said to the screen. “Hi Kyuhyun, you have company today!” she said noticing Leeteuk and Siwon in the screen. “Yes. You know Leeteuk hyung. He is Siwon hyung; he good with English” Kyuhyun explained to her. “Nice to meet you” she replied and they boys bowed their heads. “We are worried about Nicky noona” Siwon said. “Why? What happened” Jessy asked. “She has bad dreams” Siwon responded. “She is still having nightmares? She told me she was ok.” Jessy replied. “She wakes up crying and screaming” Siwon added. “Why?” Leeteuk asked her. “Well; you know her parents died in a car accident. It happened around this date; every year she gets nightmares about it during this date.” Jessy answered. The boys looked at each other as Siwon translated for them.  “But it was long ago” Leeteuk said. “She saw everything. Her parents were picking her up, she was a block away from the crash site and witnessed everything” Jessy added. “She never got help?” Siwon asked. “She was sent to a therapist but after a couple of sessions she stopped going. She got very involved in church so everybody thought it was a good thing and she seemed better. But every year, when the date approaches she gets nightmares” Jessy explained. “What to do?” Leeteuk asked. “Just be there for her; they go away by themselves and she never talks about it. So, just shower her with love” she replied. “Thanks” the boys replied and Leeteuk and Siwon left the room.

“You guys really care abour her” Jessy told Kyuhyun as the other guys left. “Yes. We love noona. But Noona weird.” Kyu added chuckling. “You have to understand that Nicky had an unusual upbringing.” Jessy replied. “How?” Kyu asked. “You know that she lived in a convent” Jessy replied. “Yes. Why?” Kyu kept asking. “She thought that she belonged there, but after a year the Mother Superior had a meaningful conversation with her and it was obvious that she was there for the wrong reasons. Still, you can get the girl out of the convent but not the convent out of the girl.” Jessy said with a little laugh. “What mean? She weird with us” Kyuhyun said. “You are a bunch of guys! She probably feels very intimidated around all of you. I mean she lives with all of you, that’s a huge thing for someone who has never been with a guy” Jessy said laughing but biting her tongue at the end. “I think I’ve said too much!” she added a little embarrassed. “Bwo? Noona ??” Kyuhyun asked in disbelief. “You understood that very fast for someone who’s not very versed in English!” Jessy said surprised. “OMO!” said Kyuhyun covering his mouth and laughing uncontrollably. “You can’t say a word! Promise me you will not say anything about it!” Jessy told him with a firm voice. “Ani, ani! Promise, no word!” he replied still laughing.  “And why are you laughing? Is it so hard to believe?” Jessy asked him smiling. “Ani. Ani. I believe; easy to believe!” Kyuhyun added still laughing.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It was a lazy afternoon in the dorm and Nicky and Leeteuk were watching TV on the sofa. Shindong was out with Nari and Ryeowook was getting ready to go out as well. He came out of his room and said goodbye to Nicky. “Where are you going?” she asked him. “Down. Go out with Sungmin hyung” Ryeowook  replied.  “Don’t stay out too late! “ she replied. “Arasso! Goodbye noona! Goddbye hyung!” Ryeowook said and left the dorm. Leeteuk had his arm around Nicky’s shoulders, keeping her close to him. Nicky was glued to the TV, watching the movie trying to read the subtitles. After a while, Leeteuk looked around and realized something. “Jagiya” he said caressing Nicky’s arm.  “Huh?” she replied watching the movie. “We alone” Leeteuk added with a smile.  “Yeah, so?” Nicky responded still looking at the TV. He just smiled and moved pinning her down on the sofa. Nicky squealed and laughed once she found herself trapped between Leeteuk and the sofa. “Ok…..that was unexpected!” she said laughing and brushing some hair from his eyes. He smiled and kissed her, but she was still laughing. “You’re so cute!” she said trying to get up but he playfully kept her in place. “Down boy!” Nicky said laughing and sitting up, making him blush and laugh.  “We are not alone, the boys are downstairs and they come and go without warning.” She added once they both were sitting up. Leeteuk then threw himself on the sofa taking Nicky with him. She landed on top of him and they both laughed. “We never alone” he said smiling and pouting, holding her tight and kissing her. Nicky kissed him back, he was right, they were never alone. The boys were always with them and when they were outside of the dorm they had to act like if they were just friends. They stayed in that position for a moment, with Nicky on top of him until the front door opened. It was Heechul.

 “YAH! Get a room!” he shouted as he saw them on the sofa. Nicky jumped and sat as far from Leeteuk as she could, surprised by Heechul’s  presence. Suddenly, Nicky’s phone started ringing. “Hi! Oh!.....that’s my phone…thank goodness!.....eh…..I’ll go get it…….bye!” she said and left for her room as fast as she could. Heechul just stood there looking at Leeteuk with an evil smirk on his lips. “Did I interrupt something?” he asked faking an innocent face. Leeteuk just scoffed at him and stayed laying in the sofa. “Can you stand up or should I give you a moment?” Heechul asked him sitting down next to him. “Shut up!” Leeteuk responded glaring at him. At that moment Nicky came out of her room. “That was Jung Hoo, I have to go to SM for some meeting.” She said grabing her bag. “Go with you?” asked Leeteuk. “No, it’s ok. Rest, but can I use your car?” she asked him. “Neh” he said giving her the keys. “Thank you, Teukie. Love you!” she said grabbing the keys and kissing him. “No love for me?” asked Heechul with an evil smile on his lips. “You’ll never change, will you?” Nicky said and went to hug him.  She then left the dorm.

Once she left Heechul looked at Leeteuk and cocked his eyebrows at him. “Why are you here?” asked Leeteuk trying not to smile. “You’re not happy to see me?” asked Heechul faking shock. “Not right now” Leeteuk answered smiling. “What did you expect to happen with her?” Heechul asked. “Nothing” Leeteuk answered standing up. “Sure…….nothing.” Heechul replied with a knowing smile.  “Yah! Not everyone is as dirty minded as you!” Leeteuk added. “Oh please! Are you telling me that you only have innocent thoughts about her?” Heechul  said following him to the kitchen. Leeteuk just turned around and looked at him; they both smiled. “My thoughts are not important!” added Leeteuk. “There! You are just as dirty minded as I am!” Heechul said with an evil laugh. “Did you come here to talk about what I do or don’t do wiht my girlfriend?” Leeteuk asked him. “I couldn’t care less about what you don’t do with your girlfriend! Because I’m sure there’s nothing you do with her!” Heechul said. Leeteuk just stared at him with an annoyed look on his face. “What do you mean?” Leeteuk asked.  “My friend; I can assure that nothing would have happen between you two even if I didn’t interrupt.” Heechul said grabbing a bottle from the refrigerator.  “That’s none of your business.” Leeteuk replied with a half smile. “Maybe not, but your girlfriend is full of surprises. You will find that out!”  Heechul added winking at him. Leeteuk just scoffed and laughed, he was not going to listen to Heechul…..but his words had sparked some curiosity in him and now he wanted to know more.