Half

Noona in Charge

The day was hectic! Lots of activities were happening at the same time and Nicky was trying to make sure everyone was where they were suppose to be. Jung-Hoo was also very busy and the rest of managers as well.  She used her master key to look for the guys in their rooms; Kyuhyun wanted to borrow her key so she always kept it with herself “Who knows for what he wants that key!” she thought. She was looking for Sungmin but couldn’t find him. She then decided to tell the SNSD girls to be ready for a fast song in the upper deck. She used her key and opened the door to their room.  “Girls, is me Nicky. You guys have a …………………….” She stopped talking when she saw all the girls gathered around on the floor giggling, they seemed to be hiding something……or maybe someone. “What are you doing?” Nicky asked suspiciously. “Nothing unnie, just watching some TV, all together on the floor” Tiffany said with a cute, innocent face. “Really? Then you wouldn’t mind me taking this cover from the floor!” Nicky said picking up the covers and uncovering Sungmin. He had his hands on his face and was smiling. “Hi Noona!” he said with his aegyo voice. “Sweetie, what are you doing here?” Nicky asked trying not to laugh.  “He was keeping us company! We were watching a scary movie and he came to take care of us!” Jessica replied. “It’s 11am, you shouldn’t be scare. Come on Sungminnie we have to go. And girls, they need you on the upper deck in 20 minutes. Get ready!” Nicky said and opened the door for Sungmin. “Bye girls” he said waving to them. “Good bye Oppa!” said Sunny with her cute face and Sungmin smiled very brightly.

“Oh my God! It’s Sunny, right?” Nicky asked him once they left the room. “What?” he asked . “The girl you like! Oh goodness! You two are perfect for each other! So bubbly and cute!.......................Wait, please tell me you didn’t spend the night there with them” Nicky said looking at him. “NO!” he said “Good, just asking. Now go to the karaoke room” she added and he left.

Having all the idols on board was crazy, and some found ways to escape from their manager’s sight.  Nicky was watching closely the schedules, and she wasn’t feeling very well.  She was on one of the decks looking at some activities when Donghae approached her. “Noona, hello!” he said smiling. “Donghae! How are you? Are you having fun?” she asked him. “Neh! “ he responded.  “Noona!” exclaimed Changmin and Yunho approaching Nicky. “HI boys! Having fun?” she said resting onto the wall since she wasn’t feeling very well. “Yes! Great!” Changmin said. “Noona, lunch with me?” Yunho asked smiling. Nicky felt cold but kept talking anyway. “Thanks sweetie…..but…..I don’t feel like eating right now” she added holding onto the wall. “Noona, you ok?” Donghae asked holding her arm. She looked pale and was cold to the touch. “Yes, yes It’s just that I’m still not used to the movements of the ship. I just need to….” She started walking but fainted. “Noona!” all three men run to her side. “What happened?” Kyuhyun asked getting closer, he was near and saw her fainting so he run to her side. “She just fainted!” said Changmin. “Go get help!” said Donghae and Changmin and Kyu left. “Let’s take her to her room” Yunho said carrying her in his arms. “Follow me!” Donghae said and they moved down the corridors.

Kyuhyun found Leeteuk and told him everyhthing and they run to her room. They used Leeteuk’s master key to open her room and they put her in bed. Chagmin returned with a nurse and they all got inside. “We’ll take care of this from now on” Kyuhyun told Yunho and Changmin. “It’s ok, I can stay.” Said Yunho. Kyuhyun gave Changmin a look and he grab Yunho’s arm. “Hyung, we have to go. We have a show right now.” Chagmin said. “But what about Nicky-shi?” Yunho added. “I’ll keep you posted about her; thanks, now go!” Kyuhyun added closing the door. “What was that all abaout?” Yunho asked scoffing. “I’ll explain it to you hyung.” Changmin added with a sigh and they left.

Nicky woke up to the feeling of a very gentle touch on her forehead. She opened her eyes and saw Leeteuk seated in her bed looking at her.  “What happened?” she asked. “You sick” he answered. “What time is it?” she said. “Nine” Leeteuk responded.  “I slept all afternoon?” she said rubbing her eyes and seating up.  “Neh, you tired” Leeteuk said while getting some hair off her face. “I bring you food” he added . There was sandwich on the night table and he gave it to her. “Thanks, but……..” she said. “No but, you eat. Nurse said” he interrupted her handling her the sandwich. “Okay, I’ll eat it”  Nicky replied and he smiled at her. “You scare me” he said while she eat. She couldn’t look at him. “I’m sorry. I forgot to eat and the seasickness got to me” she said and he just smiled. “You guys did all your schedules?” she asked. “Neh, did all” he replied taking her plate away. “How was your date with the fan?” she asked not really wanting to know the answer.   “OK” he chuckled “I came here after” he added giving her some water.  “Thanks” she said drinking from it and not looking at him. She was still hearing Yesung’s words in her head.  “You sure you ok?” he asked trying to catch her gaze. “I was really scare” he added playing with a lock of her hair.  “Yes…….I know I can’t stay so long without food and the ship’s movement was not helping my case” she said really fast because she was nervous. He just smiled trying to understand her.

“You want ice cream? Go up?” he asked her and she just couldn’t say no. “Sure” she replied and he helped her get out of bed and stand up. She saw herself on the mirror and grunted, trying to fix herself. “Ugh! I’m a total mess! I look awful!” she said in a low voice. “Ani, you look beautiful” he replied standing behind her, looking at her through the mirror’s reflection. Their eyes met and she got very nervous; she instantly looked down looking for something on the dresser. “Um… I need my key” she said. “We use mine” he showed her the key. “Right… you also have a master key” she said chuckling to herself. “Let’s go then” she added and the left.

Once they got to the ice cream machine, a couple of fans asked Leeteuk for a picture and autograph. Nicky stayed behind and served both ice cream cones while he was with the fans.  He excused himself when they were done and returned to Nicky’s side. “I poured yours, you like vanilla right?” She asked giving him the cone. “Neh, thanks. We go out?” he said guiding her to the private area. He took her to a quiet space they found earlier. They talked and laughed for a while, it was really nice outside and Nicky was feeling a lot better. She rested against the rail facing the ocean, feeling the sea breeze and closing her eyes. “You not jumping, right?” said Leeteuk laughing, placing a hand on her arm. “NO! I’m not going all Titanic on you!” she responded and they both laughed even harder. “He’s so cute when he laughs” she thought to herself. Apparently she stayed immersed in her thoughts for too long because he suddenly was face to face with her. “You ok?” he asked concerned. Nicky got surprised and jumped a little, moving away from him. “Yes…yes…I…..um….nothing! It’s just so nice to be here!”  she stuttered. “Neh, is nice to be with you” he said getting closer to her. She looked up and found his eyes, his piercing eyes looking straight at her. They just stood there looking at each other as he was getting closer and closer, leaning to her. Suddenly, someone started calling Nicky. “Nicky unnie!” a girl called. “Ye….Yes!” Nicky answered looking away from Leeteuk. “There you are!” Jessica said getting closer to where they were.  “Unnie, we need you to win a karaoke match against the boys!” she added very bubblely. “Sure!” Nicky replied, snapping out of the trance-like state she felt. “Leeteuk oppa, you can come too!” Jessica added after noticing the feeling in the air. He just smile and nodded at her. “You better go to sleep. Tomorrow will be as long as today!” Nicky said walking away with Jessica. “Sorry if I interrupted, it wasn’t my intention!” Jessica apologized. “What? No! We where just having some ice cream. “Nicky replied. “Sure…..ok” Jessica said with a knowing smile while the walked. “The song better be in English if you want us to win!” Nicky told her trying to change the subject.

It was the girls’ turn to sing in the karaoke. Jessica chose the song “Kiss Me” from Sixpence None the Richer. “Why you picked that one?” Nicky asked. “Just follow my lead!” Jessica said and the song started. Jessica was signing with a lot of aegyo and Nicky tried her best to mimic her. In the back of the room, Leeteuk stood watching them looking just at Nicky. She was having fun while singing and almost lost track of her singing parts when her eyes met his. Jessica elbowed her and she sang her part still looking at him. He just smirked, noticing her nervousness; and before everything was over he returned to his room.

(You can listen to the song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTLnlkrCK8c )

The karaoke ended at 1:00am and Nicky left to her room. Once she got there, realized that she didn’t have her key since she left with Leeteuk.  She knocked on his door lightly but hoping that he would listen. “Teukie?It’s me” she knocked and he immediately opened the door. He was only wearing his pajama pants without a shirt. “You’re still awake?” she asked trying not to look at his body; “Calm down Nicky, you have seen him like this before” she thought to herself. “I know you left key and waited” he said as she entered. “Thanks” she said as he closed the door and walked behind her. Nicky was a little nervous remembering the moment they had earlier on the upper deck. She walked to the connecting and when she turned around to say good night he was right there. Their faces were mere inches apart since she was only an inch and a half shorter than him. “Oh….”she said as he looked at her with those deep brown eyes. “You blushing” he said smiling. “What? I don’t blush!” she replied while feeling her face get very hot. “Look” he said grabbing her arm and putting her in front of the mirror, still laughing.

She was blushing! She covered her cheeks and walked to her room. “Maybe…..maybe I have a fever or something!” she added. “Wait!” he said grabbing her arm again and touching her forehead. “You feel warm” he said with a worried face. “No, I’m not. It’s okay. I’m okay. Stop worrying so much about me!’ she said playfully ruffling his hair. “Stop it!” he said smiling and holding her hand so she would stop messing his hair. She then started doing it again with her other hand and he grabbed that hand as well. They laughed and looked at each other. He had both her hands trapped; she was not escaping this time. And without any warning, he leaned over and kissed her. She got surprised……but she kissed him back. It was a sweet kiss , a long due kiss full of love. Nicky felt an electrical current run through her body; they were meant to be together.  He broke the kiss and rested his forehead on hers. “I love you Veronica. I’m…….I’m in love with you” he said almost in a whisper. Nicky opened her eyes and moved back. She was shocked, looking at him without saying a word. She kept walking, wanting to sit on the bed but she miscalculated and ended falling to the floor.

Leeteuk run to her side and sat next to her. “You ok?” he asked. She was speechless, all her doubts, all her worries and insecurities about her feelings disappeared. “Say something! Please” Leeteuk pleaded holding her hand. “Jung Soo…..I…….” she started talking. “You never call Jung Soo” Leeteuk interrupted her smiling. “You never called me Veronica” she replied and they both smile. “I really love you Veronica” he said caressing her cheek. “And……I love you Jung-Soo” she finally said. He was so happy! He smile and kiss her lightly on the lips before running to his room. She just remained seated on the floor, a little confused.

He returned from his room with a little velvet pouch in his hand. “Here” he said getting something out of the pouch. “What is it?” Nicky asked. “Couple rings” he said putting one on his index finger and giving her the other one. “Where did you get that?” Nicky asked surprised. “Sometime ago” he said smiling “You…you want us to be a couple?” she said. “Neh…..you wear it?” he asked looking at her. “Yes!” she said smiling and placing it on her index finger as well.  He stood up and helped her up, and then he hugged her really tight twirling her around. “Teukie! I’m already dizzy!” she said laughing and he put her down. “Sleep, you rest to be healthy” he said kissing her one more time. How many times have he dreamed of kissing her? And now it was real, he couldn’t be happier. “Bye.” She said as he returned to his room and turned off the light. Nicky looked at her hand admiring the pretty stainless steel band on her index finger, she noted that it had something engraved……..and it looked like half a heart. She was now the other half of someone………..someone she truly loved.