Bond

Noona in Charge

Nicky was spending the day with some of the boy’s sisters. At the end of the day, Leeteuk’s sister kidnapped her for dinner. “InYoung, I really should get back home” Nicky said. “No! Let’s have dinner together please!!!!” InYoung pleaded.  “But we just spent the afternoon together!” Nicky replied. “Not just you and I! Unnie please!!!! I want to talk to you alone” the younger  girl said. “Why do you want to talk to me alone?” Nicky asked suspiciously. “I know!” InYoung replied with a huge smile. “What do you know?” Nicky asked a little nervous. They both entered a small café and sat down. “He told me………………Unnie, I’m so happy!!!” InYoung said with a huge smile. “Could you be a little more specific?” Nicky asked. “Jung Soo told me that you’re a couple!” InYoung replied.

“Oh! He did?” Nicky said a little embarrassed. “Yes! We are so happy!” InYoung replied.  “Wait! We? Who’s ‘we’?”  Nicky asked. “Omma and me!” InYoung replied.  “Your mother knows?” Nicky asked totally shocked. “She’s extremely happy! She has been praying for it to happen since Jung Soo told her he liked you.”  In Young  said. “What? Your…your mother wanted us to be together?” Nicky asked. “Yes! She’s very happy! Between  opening the café and this, she’s extremely happy!” said Inyoung.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

December was really cold in Korea and Nicky was having a hard time dealing with it. She was in her room one night talking with Jessy on the computer. “How are you?” asked Jessy. “Freezing! I will never get used to the winter!” Nicky answered. “I will have to tell Kyuhyun to tell your boyfriend to keep you warm” Jessy added laughing. “Very funny! What do you two talk so much about?” she asked. “Who says we only talk?” Jessy responded with a smirk. “Oh my God! Jessica!” Nicky responded in shock. “I’m kidding! I’m kidding! Goodness! You can’t take a joke?” Jessy added laughing. “You scare me sometimes!” Nicky said still in shock. “Anyways; what about you? Are you only talking with your boyfriend?” Jessy asked teasingly.  “Haha….very funny! Leave me alone!”  Nicky replied a little embarrassed. “Vero, we’re the same age, we’ve known each other for a long time, we know everything about each other……” said Jessy.  “What’s your point?” Nicky interrupted her.  “Are you still set on your ways?” asked Jessy smiling. “I’m not…………and that conversation have not happen yet. “ Nicky replied. “I’d rather have  you do instead of talk but………..” Jessy said laughing. “We’ve been only dating for a month!” Nicky interrupted her. “But for how long have you known each other?” Jessy asked. “A year or so……” Nicky responded and Jessy laughed. “And you two live together” added Jessy still laughing. “I tried to move out but the company is happy with me living here so….. maybe I should change dorms.” Nicky added thinking about it. “No way! You’re not running away from the situation! You stay right there where you are, you talk to him about it if you need to and you enjoy being in a relationship, a grown-up relationship!”  said Jessy winking at her. “I’m not running away! I’m trying to protect his image….. and to not lose my job.” Nicky responded.  “Whatever girl! I’m just extremely happy for you” Jessy added smiling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Leeteuk and Nicky returned to the dorm after seeing his mother at the café she was opening alongside Kyuhyun’s and Sungmin’s mothers. His mother was very excited about them being a couple, something that surprised Nicky.  They helped around the place for a while and then returned to the dorm. Nicky was wrapping a gift at the dinning table while  Heechul and Ryeowook were watching a movie in the sofa. Leeteuk entered the dorm and after kissing Nicky he sat right next to her. “What you do?” he asked. “I’m wrapping Michelle’s Christmas gift” she answered folding the paper. “Curly, what you bought me?” asked Heechul from the sofa. “Who says I bought gifts for any of you?” she replied sticking out her tongue to him. Leeteuk grabbed a red bow from the table and placed it on Nicky’s shoulder. “You my gift” he said smiling at her.  “And you are desperate to unwrap her, aren’t you?” Heechul said to him as he moved to the kitchen. Leeteuk glared at him and Ryeowook laughed. “What is he saying?” Nicky asked. “Nothing” said Leeteuk smiling at her. “You guys are so weird  sometimes” Nicky said looking at both of them and walking to her room.

“Yah! Could you stop that!” said Leeteuk to Heechul as soon as Nicky entered her room. “Stop what?” Heechul responded looking innocent. Ryeowook kept laughing in the sofa.  “Ryeowook-ah, why are you laughing?” asked Leeteuk. “Hyung your face turned red when he said that!” the younger man responded. “He wants to keep an innocent cover in front of her; but we all know what he really is! Don’t let her find your magazines under the bed!” Heechul said laughing. “I don’t have those!” Leeteuk responded  “Really? You got rid of them when she moved here? Let me go check!” Heechul said and Ryeowook just laughed.  “You should go home on your free days!” Leeteuk responded while throwing things at Heechul. Donghae entered the dorm and asked for Nicky. “She’s in her room” responded Ryeowook and Donghae knocked on her door. “Come in” Nicky responded from the inside. “Hi noona!” said Donghae entering the room. “Hi sweetie! How can I help you?” she asked. “Tomorrow I go see appa. You….you come with me?” he asked shyly. “You want me to go with you?” Nicky asked surprised. She knew about Donghae’s father and how hard his death was for him. She totally understood how he felt since she lost her parents at a young age; maybe that’s why he wanted her to go with him. “I’d be honored to go with you” she added and he smiled.

The next day Nicky and Donghae were on their way to his hometown. The cold was hard on Nicky but she didn’t say anything about it. They talked all the way there and he showed her some places around the town. Once they got to his father’s grave, Nicky saw the change in his expression. “Here is” Donghae said leading the way.  Nicky followed him and just stood there as he started talking. “Hello father! Here I am again. I brought a friend; she’s Nicky noona. She takes care of us in the dorm. She is really nice, a great girl……… Her parents died when she was younger; maybe you met them in heaven………..She’s Leeteuk hyung’s  girlfriend and……my noona. She’s very good to me, like a mother sometimes. I just wanted you to meet her………..” Donghae kept talking while removing some random leafs from the ground. Once he stopped talking, he wiped some tears from his eyes. Nicky got closer to him and gave him a hug. “I’m sure your dad and my parents are friends and they are always taking care of us. I bet my mother is talking to him non-stop; she was a chatter box………like me!” Nicky said making Donghae laugh. “Neh” he replied with a smile and they both talked there for a little while. They bonded because they had similar experiences……….. they shared the same pain.