Why I like you

Noona in Charge

 

The new album was keeping the guys really busy.  The recordings, the dance practices and the rest of their schedules were a lot to keep up with. To make things worse, Heechul was going to be enlisting in the army very soon and that was lingering in the other guy’s minds. Nicky was with them during the recordings and she really enjoyed the songs. Yesung was also busy with the preparations for the opening of a café with his parents and that was adding to his stress levels. Once the café opened, Nicky went there to help his parents every time she could.

Nicky had the afternoon off and went to visit Michelle. “Your house is so pretty!” said Nicky helping in the kitchen. “Thanks! I think it’s too big!” answered Michelle. “Well then you should start having kids to fill it up!” said Nicky laughing and Michelle threw some lettuce at her. “I should look for a place for myself” Nicky added. “What? Why? Don’t you like living with Super Junior?” Asked Michelle. “They are wonderful, but I can’t live there forever. I mean, I need my own space.” Nicky said.  “Forget the space. What you need is a boyfriend!” said Michelle. “Here we go again!” Nicky added rolling her eyes. “Seriously! Unnie you’re a wonderful woman, but you t are missing some L-O-V-E in your life!” said Michelle. “Guys tend to get intimidated when they find out where I work.” Nicky answered. “What happened to that guy at the English village, what was his name?” said Michelle. “What guy?” Nicky asked. “You know, the guy from Australia” said Michelle. “Oh! Ian.” Nicky answered rolling her eyes. “Yes! Ian! He was always helping you and what not” said Michelle. “He was a player” said Nicky. “How do you know?” Michelle asked. “I’m good at observing people” said Nicky and Michelle laughed out loud.

“What?” asked Nicky looking  at her. “You good at observing people? Unnie, please! You are completely clueless!” Michelle responded.  “I am not clueless!” Nicky  added. “Yes you are!” responded Michelle.  “Stop it! Let’s eat!” Nicky said sitting down. “Oh! There’s something I wanted to show you! The other day I googled your name and found a couple of things about you on the internet” Michelle said bringing  a laptop with her. “You googled me?” Nicky asked confused. “Yeah, you’ve never done that? You work with idols, people keep an eye on you too.” Michelle said. “Want did you find?” Nicky asked. “There’s a video on YouTube of you and the guys at the airport. There’s a fanpage that describes you as very friendly; and a fan group is betting on which of the guys is having a relationship with you!” Michelle said excitedly. “What?? A relationship?” Nicky said. “They bet is Yesung “ Michelle added showing her the computer. “Yesung? Why they think that?” Nicky asked with her eyes glued to the computer screen. “Because some fans have seen you going to church with his family, and now you help them at Handel & Gretel. But it is obvious that he is not the one!” Michelle said.  “Oh goodness! Fans are a little too passionate sometimes. Wait a minute,what do you mean by that?” Nicky asked looking at Michelle.“Nothing! Let me show you the video! The fans loved it!” Michelle said showing her other thing on the computer.

The video showed Leeteuk, Donghae,and Kyuhyun sitting while Sungmin and Nicky were standing in front of them.  Nicky was checking her phone and the boys were eating some candy. She took out a chapstick balm and applied it on her lips, then Donghae asked for it and applied on himself also. Leeteuk offered her some candy and she sat next to him and he fed her . Sungmin sat besides Nicky and rested his head on her shoulder, she patted his cheeks making him laugh. Nicky took a bottle of water and drank from it and then Leeteuk took a sip from it too.  “This is just us waiting for a flight. What’s so special about it?” Nicky asked. “All fans are commenting on how close you are to them. The comments are hilarious! There’s one that says : ‘they share a Chapstick!!! I’m soooo jealous!’. And another one says: ‘he drank from her bottle; that’s almost a kiss!’” said Michelle acting out every comment.  Nicky just laughed at Michelle. “Good golly! This is too much! I guess that’s why they don’t like me.” Said Nicky. “It’s not that they don’t like you. They just want to be you!” added Michelle.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Leeteuk and Eunhyuk convinced Nicky of going with them to the radio show. She was hesitant since she knew they were broadcast live on the internet and she didn’t want to be on camera. At the end she accepted and when they got there she made sure she was far from the camera shot. The boys were amazing, and one of the workers told Nicky that Leeteuk was way more energetic that night.  She watched them work and really enjoyed her time there. She noted that there were some fans watching through the glass wall and she went to say hi to them. “Hi! You want me to take their picture for you?” Nicky asked them moving her hands at the same time to make sure they understood her. “Jinja? Neh! Neh!” one of the girls said and they gave her their cameras. Nicky returned to the booth and when the guys were playing some music she took some pictures of them for the girls outside. The boys posed for the cameras and Nicky returned them to the girls. “Thanks Unnie! Picture with unnie, please?” one of the girls asked. “Oh, well. Ok!” Nicky accepted and posed for a picture with them. The girls thanked Nicky very deeply and she then returned inside with the boys. “Nice” Leeteuk said sitting closer to Nicky. “well, it’s late and they have been here supporting you guys, I thought it would be a nice thing to do” Nicky said. “You great!” added Leeteuk before returning to the mic.

 “We are back! Now, which song should we play as the ending song?” said Eunhyuk . “I have a petition!” Leeteuk said. “You can’t have a petition! You work here!” said Eunhyuk and everybody laughed. “I do! I want a Super Junior song.” Added Leeteuk while looking for the song in the computer. “Hyung, that’s a little biased” said Eunhyuk laughing. “No, no, no. Here, I want to listen to ‘니가 좋은 이유 (Why I Like You)’” said Leeteuk smiling. Eunhyuk just looked at him with a little smile and nooded. “Ok then! We will finish with that one” said Eunhyuk and he looked at Nicky. “Thanks everyone for listening and for watching the broadcast. We’ll be here tomorrow at the same time but now we leave you with Super Junior’s ‘니가 좋은 이유 (Why I Like You)’. Goodnight!” said Leeteuk and the song began to play. He kept looking at Nicky while picking some papers, she was moving to the beat of the song. He couldn’t avoid smiling at her, and when their eyes met he winked at her but then left to talk to Eunhyuk.

Nicky was caught off guard by his gesture and just kept listening to the song; she knew those lyrics and she knew their meaning………and that little wink from Leeteuk made her very happy inside.