Peace Treaty? More Like War Declaration

Can't You Realize That I Love You?

I walked around until I was satisfied he wasn’t in the house and finally went out to the garden. It didn’t take me long to find him. He was sitting on one of the benches, his jacket open, his arms at his sides, and his head tilted back so he only stared up at the dark sky and breathed heavily. I stood still for a second and debated going back inside before finally going up to him and sitting beside him.

He didn’t move, but I felt his body tense up at my arrival.I kept my mouth shut and sat quietly, wondering how to propose this peace treaty. It sounded well in my mind. I would say something friendly tell him we should get along, he'll calm down and that way maybe we both won't have to suffer so much. Maybe we could even be freinds? I don't know, but it'd be nice if he could at least talk to me without so much as spelling out how much he hated me. I awkwardly looked around and searched for a way to start.

“This is happening so fast… and it’s overwhelming and I feel like… I mean, maybe if we tried to understand each other a little bit then this won’t be too bad and—“ I stuttered towards the end, closing my eyes tightly and willing away the embarrassment I was feeling.

Speaking of my feelings was clearly not a skill I had.

“What? Let me guess you want me to try to love you so that we can be one happy family?” He sneered and I scoffed, catching myself before bursting out in laughter. Loving him? The thought made me smirk.

“I’m just saying this marriage probably won’t last long” I started once again, careful to not give anything away, “and maybe if we at least tried to get along then it won’t have to be such a complete hell”

“I don’t want to get along with you, I don’t want to have anything to do with you” He said and I could feel the truth in his words and though he wasn’t anyone important to me, hearing someone say that to you still stung a bit.

“You keep saying that, but do you think by whining it’s going to change anything?”

“You don’t understand because you have no one waiting on you that loves you. How am I supposed to tell her I’ve decided to get along with the woman I basically betraying her for?” He asked conflicted.

“You could tell her you'r being an adult about this... but you’re right… I don’t have anyone waiting on me, but that doesn’t mean that makes this a better situation for me. It’s hard for me too I just don’t know why you don’t see that?”

“Because you’re not fighting back and with someone so spineless and weak… I can’t get along with you nor do I want to understand what makes someone so pitiful like you” He snapped and I turned my head away quickly.

He had a way of striking me where it really hurt I noticed. This was going to be harder than I thought.

“I’m just trying to make this a little more bearable for both of us” I said softly, trying to stay calm.

“… Can’t you just leave me alone. I don’t need comfort from you and you don’t need to feel obliged to do so simply because you think we’re going through the same thing” He said quietly.

I stood up and realized this was a stupid idea. All I had accomplished was getting my feelings hurt by someone who doesn’t even care to make an effort to solve something. We were never going to get along and what I really needed to do was brace myself for the year that was coming up because he wouldn’t make it easy.

“Wait!” He called out behind me and I paused.

“I’m going to apologize for the future right now because I won’t do it again” He said grudgingly.

“You keep threatening and trying to hurt my feelings… do you think I haven’t been holding back? I’m really not, but I can turn into the monster you’ve made me out to be in your mind Kai and maybe you should remember this moment because you’re the one who’s choosing this so don’t blame for the future either” I snapped feeling my anger and dislike of him come back in crushing waves, “And by the way, I will never need an apology from you because whatever you do I’ll do ten times worse. You want a hellish marriage? I can give you one” I finished and walked away nursing my anger and pain and hoping that I get to at least make him regret this before this is over.

I didn’t bother to return to the dining room, let them interpret that the way they wanted. I grabbed my phone and after basically screaming at myself not to I typed up a text

I miss you.

I waited in bed, clutching it tightly as the minutes ticked by.

Don’t make this harder for me please…

Don’t text me again.

“Hyerim come downstairs please” My mother’s voice rang out from the other side of the door suddenly and in that moment I hated her so much.

“I’m not feeling well” I muttered.

“Hyerim I won’t say this aga—“ She began.

“Just leave me alone damn it!” I screamed flinging my phone at the door angrily. The loud bang ringing in my ears as the back of my phone popped out and the battery went flying in the opposite direction.

I sat there angrily until I heard her steps echo away and finally just collapsed in bed. He was really serious about breaking up.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

So... I made a poster for my fic... and it looks um... interesting? XD I'm not putting it up yet cuz it's not saved here but I will eventually just because it looks kind of bare without one, but maybe bare is better than bad photoshop skills? hahahah we'll see ;)