But It Feels So Right

Can't You Realize That I Love You?

I sat at the foot of my closet and stared up at the racks of clothes.

"There is nothing to wear!" I groaned as I slouched forward.

What does a person even wear to a night like this? I stood up and headed to little corner of possible selections I had separated from the rest. I was ready in all aspects except for the clothes. Well I guess it didn't matter too much, but still. I placed a hand over my eyes and vowed to wear the first thing my fingers touched. I pushed my hand out, holding my breath, and pulled out a clothes hanger. I slowly peaked and nodded appreciatively.

I tried on the short, flowing lavender dress and smiled in the mirror. It wasn't too casual and not too dressy. It was pretty damn perfect I realized with a grin. I checked the time and grabbed my purse and keys. I slipped on my heels and didn't waste time debating on whether to lock the door. This was the second night Kai hadn't even bothered to call or even show up so screw him.  I headed to the door when the phone rang. With a sigh I decided to pick it up really quick and walked over to it.

"Hello?"

"Hyerim! I'm right outside the house. Just parking the car. I'm coming in open the door please" Kai's mom chimed brightly on the line hanging up before giving me a chance to protest.

"Oh god" I whispered as I ran into my room and ripped the dress off. I searched for a pair of jeans and yanked them on grabbing a nice shirt and pulling that on too. I scrambled to the mirror, my pulse rising from the pressure and took off my severely and let my hair down. It fell in well down in waves, but that was easier brushed off than a big intricate bun.

I stumbled my way over to the door and opened with a big smile on my face.

"Hi!" I greeted happily.

"Hi sweetie. How are you? You look frazzled. Where's my son?" She added though I felt something off about the way she asked for him.

"He's... out" I answered keeping my expert smile on my face.

"Out where?" She asked calmly.

"Out with some friends. He hasn't gone out for a long time so I told him to go without me" I answered easily running a hand through my hair.

"Where is your ring?" She asked me suddenly and reached for my arm and brought my hand to her face.

My eyes widened and I gently eased my hand out of her hold.

"I took a shower and I hate getting jewelry wet. I must have left it in the bathroom. I'll go  get it now!" I said as I turned and ran into my room and into the bathroom, completely blanking on where I put the dumb thing. I must have left it in a drawer maybe? I hurried out into my room and froze as I saw Kai's mom standing in the middle of the mess of clothes.

"I found it" She said softly as she extended her arm out to me, I took it from he and she said, "I found it on the floor"

"Oh well you probably don't know, but I'm so forgetful and I al—" I began when she cut me off.

"He's with that woman isn't he?" She answered and for the first time I saw pure fury in her face. The kind old lady who offered to cook for me and was always so kind was livid, no, she was boiling in anger.

"No! He's with friends!" I insisted as she shook her head and pulled her phone out.

I stood there awkwardly as she tried him three times and still he didn't pick up. She turned to me, a face ready to spew out anger and it suddenly turned to pity.

"Come on" She ordered as she marched out.

"Where?!" I called as I chased her out.

The drive was blurred as we arrived at a large apartment building. She parked the car rather violently and slammed the brakes on as she marched out with just as much anger as she had initially had back at our house. I hesitated in the car and ringed my hands in nerves. After one final push I got out and ran after her.

"Please, can we go back? We'll wait for him to get back and we can all talk about this!" I pleaded but she didn't listen. Instead she marched on.

Like she owned the place, she stalked past the doors and into the elevator she pulled me in. I fidgeted besides her trying to think of a way to stop this when we finally reached the 17th floor. I stood behind her, trying to talk some sense into the woman before she finally stopped and banged on apartment 1708.

"WHAT?" Da Hae asked as she wrenched the door open. dropping in shock and a million emotions running past her eyes, the last of which was fury as her eyes met mine.

"KAI!" His mother yelled as she pushed past Da Hae like she was nothing and pulled me along with her.

I heard a loud thud and footsteps as Kai ran out into the living room surprise on his face.

"M-mom?!" He asked taking a step back.

"What the hell are you thinking being here?! You are married!" She screamed as she grabbed him and pulled him along.

"Ma'am if I could just explain... " Da Hae began in the fake sweet tone I recognized and hated.

"I warned you to stay away from my son! You think you can fool me? I've had experience with girls like you! You're nothing but a gold digger!" His mom snapped.

"NO! She's not like that!" Kai yelled pulling his arm away roughly, "Don't talk to her like that Da Hae is different"

"She's different? Why can't you see the truth son?" She asked as she grabbed a hold of him again, her face getting redder and redder by the second.

"LET GO!" He yelled ripping his arm from her hold so roughly she stumbled back a wide eyed look on her face as she took a breath and clutched her chest.

She groaned as she collapsed to the ground and I bent down to try to catch her, but ended up simply going down with her. She looked like she was choking in pain and I looked up at Kai, my fear reflected in his eyes.

"Call an ambulance!" I yelled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat beside a teary eyed Kai in the hospital waiting room. Da Hae was forced to stay back and his dad was away on business so we were the only two there. He hunched over and sank his head into this hands. After a few moments with still no response he began to shake with sobs and my heart probably broke right there as my own tears filled my eyes. I stood up and knelt in front of his chair. He didn't move and I placed my arms around him.

"She's going to be fine" I whispered, "She's not done with you yet" as I held him tightly.

He sobbed as he buried his face in my hair and crushed me to him. Holding me tightly as he cried.

"It's my fault" He said, his voice muffled.

"Please don't say that. You know it's not and she's going to be fine!" I insisted.

"I'm sorry I should have never left. I didn't want to I was just.. so angry" He confessed, holding me tighter.

Despite the situation we were in my heart skipped a beat.

"Why?" I asked quietly.

"Because... it bothered me how you could simply forget about that" He whispered and I froze.

"Kai... I'm—"

"Excuse me. But your mother is awake" A doctor cut in.

We pulled away and I brushed my tears away. I turned to grab our stuff and my breath hitched when Kai grabbed my hand tightly and we walked hand in hand for the first time without any fake pretenses.

"Is she going to be ok?" Kai asked worriedly, his grip tightening on mine.

"Yes. She just need to stay very clam for the next few weeks as she recovers. Nothing to upset her alright?" The doctor warned as he let us in and left us alone.

She looked so weak I suddenly felt sick seeing her like this.

"Mom... mom I'm so sorry" Kai whispered as he kissed her forehead and tears spilled over.

"You two... are together" She said with a weak smile.

"Yeah mom we are. We definitely are" He comforted her as he gave me a small smile and I nodded too.

"I need you to do me a favor Kai" She strained as she spoke, "I want you two to go spend a couple of days at our cabin up in the mountains. Just the two of you" She ended wincing as she ran out of breath.

"Mom no, we have to take care of you" Kai whispered.

"Your dad is flying in tonight. You two need to go and get closer. You need it to clear all misunderstandings" She whispered, looking in pain.

"Mom please let us take care of you too" He pleaded.

"I don't think it's a good idea for us to leave you..." I added softly.

"Please!" She exclaimed suddenly gasping in pain and waving us to stay when we turned to get the doctor, "I'm fine just please... go"

"...Aright" Kai agreed suddenly and I stared at him in surprise.

I looked back at his mom who seemed to have gotten a twinkle in her eye, but when I looked again it was gone. I cocked my head to the side and blinked it away. I clearly hadn't gotten enough sleep. With a silent gasp I remembered I had promised to meet Daehyun tonight.

"I'll let you two have a moment alone" I said softly, gave her a deep bow, and turned and walked out.

I walked further away from her room and pulled my phone out.

"Daehyun?" I whispered turning my back to the direction of her room and whispering into the phone.

"Hyerim where are you?! I've been worried sick! I even got us a room tonight" He said his voice showing plainly the worry he felt.

"I know... I'm sorry listen Kai's mom had an accident I can't go anywhere" I whispered into the phone.

"...Are you kidding me? Hyerim that's not your mom why can't you get away?" He demanded and I closed my eyes.

"She's one of the nicest people I've ever met. You can't seriously expect me to just walk away when she's sick?" I said, my voice rising slightly.

"Is it really her you're worried about or is it him?" He snapped into the phone and I heard something clatter in the background.

"Daehyun don't do this now. I just can't go alright? There are something more important than having for god's sake!" I snapped into the phone.

"Not when it's another man's family!" He yelled.

I opened my mouth to reply when I felt the phone fly out of my hands. I turned in surprise to find Kai standing behind me, my phone in his hands.

"Don't call my wife again" He growled into the phone before he hung up on Daehyun.

"Give me my phone" I asked.

"You were going to sleep with him?" He asked me, his chest rising and falling heavily and his eyes filled with a quiet rage.

"Let's not fight now, besides it's not like I'm stupid to not know what you do when you don't come home" I shot back, allowing a drop of hurt slip in.

"I haven't slept with her since we got married" He whispered.

I looked into his eyes and for a second it looked like he was telling the truth and a part of me could have jumped in pure and inexplicable joy. He looked around and pulled me to the staircase off the side. The door swung shut with a thud and we were suddenly alone.

"I won't let you sleep with him either" He muttered.

He gently pushed me up against the wall and grazed my lips with his. My eyes fluttered closed and after a few moments I opened them again. I could practically feel his lips on mine, they weren't exactly touching but I wasn't sure the distance between them could even be measured. Despite all the protests my brain was making I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him against me. His arms wrapped around me and he held me tightly as we leaned against the wall for support. His lips moved along my jaw line and I gasped for breath, letting a small moan escape me as he gently kissed my neck. He slowly pulled away so that even when his lips weren't on mine the lingering feeling remained. Pulling me into a tight embrace, my hands tightly clutching his arms, and feeling like everything was suddenly spiraling out of control.

"Thank you for staying" He whispered out of breath.

This was bad I knew as I rested my head on his chest and listened to the way his heartbeat pounded in his chest.

"We're leaving tomorrow morning" He whispered.

"Ok" I whispered softly, trying to at least for that moment forget all the reasons why this moment shouldn't have happened at all.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Double update today because I owed it to you guys for being such a slow updater lately ^^

***Read so you don't get randomly confused*** I want to change my username and don't have enough karma so I might just open a new account and transfer this fic to it and write from there so if  there's a sudden author change it's still the same person (me) writing the fic just with a different account ok?

Lastly, thanks for reading and leave comments behind! Plus any questions since I can now reply to them! Seriously I find that way too exciting XD