Bad Omens

Can't You Realize That I Love You?

That night I dreamt of Daehyun.

He was walking up to me, dressed in an impeccable suit, his blond hair placed so perfectly it no longer fell messily. He looked at me with a big grin on his face and pulled me into his arms. His arms went around me perfectly and I couldn’t be happier. He said something I couldn’t quite catch, but it was alright. His lips grazed the side of my face and he pulled my hand up and took out a ring. It was beautiful and I was breathless as he slid it onto my finger I looked up with a smile only to find that Daehyun was gone.

In his place was Kai. He didn’t have the same smile that Daehyun had worn. Instead he stared at me coldly and I felt all the good feelings I had melt away. I tried to pull away, but he held on so tight to the point where I wanted to cry out. He suddenly bent down, a smirk on his face…

I woke up with a gasp only to find a quick rush of fear run through me as for a second I didn’t realize where I was. I pushed myself out of bed quickly and took a deep breath. Talk about bad dreams. I suddenly felt thirsty and I walked out of my room, trying to remember where the kitchen was. I passed by Kai’s room and paused at his door and leaned towards it a fraction of an inch. It was silent and I relaxed.

Quietly, I inched downstairs and reached the kitchen. I was about to flip the light on when I suddenly decided against it. The light coming in from the window was enough to get a quick glass water, I mean, this wasn’t my house and I still felt awkward disturbing it. Ok, it was just a glass of water I told myself. I ran my hand along the cool counter until I reached the fridge and poured myself a glass of water from the pitcher inside. The cold water was calming as I drank it when suddenly I heard something at the backdoor.

I froze as I looked to the stairs and knew they didn’t have any maids in the house at this time so if they were all sleeping and I was here… then who was that? Biting my lip I tried to back away, deciding against it when the floor creaked underneath my feet.

They’ll find me dead I decided as every single home invasion movie and story that I had ever heard flashed through my mind and my hand trembled. The doorknob clicked after a few tries and the person pulled the door open slowly. A dark shadow walked right into the kitchen and on instinct I threw my glass of water at his head. He gave a muffled grunt of pain as I turned ready to run upstairs. Getting ready to scream I opened my mouth only to find the shadow had stood up in a flash and had clamped his hand down over my mouth. I tried to pull away and began to struggle, but he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me down. His hands grazed my bare skin as we collapsed to the ground and I struggled harder.

He was gonna me then kill me oh my god.

“Hyerim it’s me damn it!” The shadow hissed, but I was too panicked to listen, “Shut up! It’s me Kai!” He snapped louder and I froze.

I squinted in the darkness and cocked my head, still breathing heavily. It kind of looked like him I supposed as I stopped struggling, he was on top of me, his hand still pressing down on my mouth and I frowned as I instinctively kneed him in the stomach and he rolled off with a quiet groan. I scrambled up and reached for the light gasping as I saw Kai curled up on the ground a trail of blood streaming down from where I supposed the glass had hit him.

“What were you doing sneaking around in the freaking dark?!” I snapped angrily because one, I had been terrified only minutes ago and two, he was supposed to be sleeping!

Instead he was dressed up and clearly coming from somewhere. Was it my fault I thought it might be a freaking thief?!

“What were you doing killing people in their own home?!” He snapped as he sat up and placed a hand on his forehead, clearly going dizzy when he saw his own blood.

“I just… I thought you were a thief…” I defended swiftly picking up the glass on the ground.

He grimaced and leaned his head back as more blood began to seep out.

“You should probably… treat that...” I trailed off lamely. Of course I would end up giving him a concussion on the day I move into his house. My life… was very unlucky.

“Shut up, I can’t just... go away” He groaned as he stayed on the ground and sat still. I waited a few moments and began to panic when he didn’t do a thing.

“Are you ok?” I whispered urgently as I kicked him in the leg softly.

He just groaned as I tapped my foot trying to come up with something to do. I could call his parents, but then Kai would get busted for sneaking out and… well I would get busted for beating him up. Instead I ran into the bathroom and looked through the cabinets. Relief poured in my body as I found a first aid kit in the bottom of one. I took it and ran back and I wiped the cut on his head and poured disinfectant on it, getting scared when he didn’t react.

I bent forward and placed a finger on his neck. I couldn’t feel anything, but it didn’t mean he was dead I consoled my myself as I bent my head and placed my ear on his chest. Steadying my own breath I relaxed when I heard his heartbeat. I quickly placed a bandage on his head and sat back to shake my head at him.

“You pass out from a little cut because you saw your own blood…” I muttered with a small laugh, “You are not as tough as you think ” I mocked as I put away the first aid kit. I was about to get up when I saw that something had fallen out of his pocket.

I paused and then carefully reached for the two things. The first was a ring box and I remembered the photograph his mother had shown me. He was carrying around the engagement ring? I was about to open the box when the phone buzzed in my hand and I jumped. I glanced at the screen. It was a text from Da Hae. I was curious… so curious so slowly I slid my finger across the screen.

I won’t forget our promise.

I love you <3

I stared at the text for a couple of seconds and looked back at the passed out man besides me. Quickly shoving both ring and phone in his pocket I stood up, put the first aid kit away, shut off the light and went back up to my room. Let him be caught by his parents I didn’t care.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for subscribing and reading! =)