[Chapter That Was Deleted]

Can't You Realize That I Love You?

I didn’t go back to their house. My mother sent a man to pick up some of my clothes and he came back with a large suitcase. So now I was back in the same boring room I had grown up in waiting for the time to pass. School had been no better lately. I got a mix of mocking and pitiful look from the rumors that were circulating around the school about what had happened that night. I ignored them, but every once in a while it all became a little too much so I would just end up leaving early.

At the very least there had been no mention of Kai and his family and that made me glad. I glanced over at the ring on my hand and held it up to light as I walked in the empty streets. It was beautiful, but I had no good feelings whenever I looked at it. I had always pictured my engagement ring… as something that made me grin every time I looked at it. This? This was more like a reminder of a trauma than a good memory I thought.

I quickly spotted the small house in the distance and my heart rate picked up. It had no yard, but I had some of the best memories in that house. So with a steady heart I kept walking towards it. Suddenly remembering, I slipped off the ring and stuffed it in my pocket.

“Hyerim?” A gentle voice called out behind me as I rounded the corner and stood a block away.

I turned towards the familiar voice only to find a middle aged woman with curly black hair rushing up to me and enveloping me in a large hug. The embrace was warm and inviting and I laughed as I returned the hug tightly.

“I haven’t seen you in so long sweetie! Where have you been?” Daehyun’s mother asked warmly as I couldn’t help but smile widely.

“Oh, I’ve been so busy lately… I’m sorry” I answered, had Daehyun not told her what was happening?

“No that’s ok school must be taking its toll on you! Why don’t you come in I can make you something to eat, you look pale and tired honey!” She gushed as she brushed a strand of hair back and shifted her grip on the grocery bag she had.

“I can only be here for a little while, I actually just came to talk to Daehyun for a bit” I explained, fighting the urge to simply agree not just because Daehyun would probably get mad, but because her food was so good just thinking about it gave me hunger pains.

“Oh well he's supposed to be here soon" His mother said with a smile.

“I guess I’m just lucky?” I said happily as we both started walking towards the house again.

She said something else, but I had stopped listening. Daehyun was coming up from the other side of the street, but he wasn't alone. I stopped walking and frowned. A girl walked besides him, an easy going smile on her face. She was someone I had never seen before and the way she laughed as Daehyun said something to her made my insides sick. I watched as he showed her to his front door, offering to take her bag and gently guiding her, a smile on his face as they went in through the front door.

“Who was that?” I asked quietly as his mother looked at me nervously.

“I don’t know… I’ve never seen her before. I-I’m sure it’s nothing. Daehyun is not the type to cheat on a girl” his mother assured me and I knew she was right.

Technically, he wasn’t cheating on anybody. He loved me too much? Was this the extent of his love? A couple of weeks?

“I have to go. Have a good day” I mumbled with a small bow and turned. I was getting married in a week and he… didn’t care I told myself as I sped up and walked faster.

I hailed a cab and waited impatiently as finally one pulled over. I pulled the door open and sat inside. I was about to close the door when I heard someone yell my name. I looked over to see Daehyun running down the street. His mother must have told him I had been there I reasoned asI quickly shut the door.

“Are you sure you don’t want to wait miss? It seems he’s looking for you” The cab driver said as he looked out the window curiously.

“Let’s just go please” I said shakily as stared at my hands and felt the cab pull away.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Thank god I save outside of this site! Anyways, this is the only chapter that was erased becuase of the maintenance so I'm reposting it and I'll delete it if the old chapter 12 ever comes back. For now at least it's letting me move on with my fic without a weird gap in the storyline which I was trying to avoid by waiting.... but I'm not that patient so... lol