New Beginnings?

Can't You Realize That I Love You?

 

 

"We could just not go back" Kai said softly while I looked up at him, my head resting in his lap.

"We can't just run away from all of our problems..." I mumbled, closing my eyes as his hand grazed my face gently, a warm finger running along my lips.

"I guess" He said quietly.

"If you want, we could forget about all this" I whispered, a little afraid as to what he would say.

"I don't want to. I want to be with you" Kai said seriously and I smiled.

"Me too" I  said happily wrapping an arm around him and giving him a kiss on the cheek, grinning at the look of surprise in his eyes.

"Well, it's time to go back!" He announced, standing up and grabbing our bags.

I followed him outside as we closed up the cabin. I turned at gave it one last look before getting in the car. Why did I feel like we were leaving behind some sort of magic? Like the people in that cabin we different and the Hyerim and Kai driving away weren't... as happy?

"I'm scared" I whispered suddenly, doubts and the meaning of what happened suddenly hitting me.

"We're together, we'll be fine" He comforted as he drove and I vaguely noticed that we still hadn't talked about exactly what we felt for each other. Sure, we wanted to try to be together, but what did he feel for me?

I looked at him, focused on the road, his brown hair ruffled by the wind and wondered if he loved me. My face flushed with embarrassment, he had to have at least strong feelings otherwise this weekend wouldn't have even happened I thought, comforting my own fears. After hours of driving we finally got to our house. I groaned as I pushed off the seat and unbuckled the seat belt, I hated long trips if only because of the back pain, my muscles tightened like a knot and I waited as Kai laughed, pulling the door open and pulling me out.

"Be careful grandma" He teased as he went to the trunk and got our bags.

"Shut up" I grumbled stretching out and heading to the front door, let him handle all the bags, grandmas were too old to carry stuff like that I thought with a grin.

I hurried up the steps only to suddenly freeze. My heart contracted painfully and I felt my blood run like ice in my veins. Daehyun stood up. I looked at his wrinkled clothes, his disheveled hair and the bags under his eyes and I knew he had been there for a long time.

"What are you doing here?" I heard myself ask. Why did everything seem like a horrible nightmare?

"Thank god you're safe" Daehyun breathed as he ran to me and pulled me into his arms protectively, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I was stupid" He apologized as he held me tightly while my arms hung limp at my sides

"Don't apologize" I said so quietly I doubt he ever heard me.

"I overreacted, it was just petty jealousy" Daehyun explained in a rush and I saw the regret in his eyes, "I was so worried" He confessed holding my face in his hands and planting a kiss on me.

I blinked in confusion as my body remembered this person whom I had so casually forgotten this weekend. I felt guilt, remorse, apprehension, and even love swirl in the most bitter cocktail a person could have. His lips were cold, his hands were too. He must've been so miserable waiting for me. He was waiting for me all this time while I... He pulled away, his eyes glad because he had no clue and I really did think I couldn't feel any worse.

"Showing up at people's houses uninvited, isn't that a little rude even for you?" Kai said, a drip of venom in his words as he stood a few feet away, his eyes hard as ice.

"...Sorry, I was worried about her" Daehyun said awkwardly and I refused to look at Kai.

I wanted to run away. A part of me wished to have never met Kai, but immediately I regretted the thought.

"You're so cold..." I said quietly, ignoring the weight of Kai's stare on me, "How long were you out here?" I asked.

"Not long" Daehyun answered sheepishly with a small embarrassed smile on his face and I knew he was lying. It had been a long time.

I reached up and touched his icy cold face, my heart breaking in the process.

"Hyerim" Kai called behind me, I heard the tension in his voice, his quiet warning.

"I'll be back soon" I said, it had to be done, "Can you take the bags in yourself?" I asked meeting his eyes.

"Fine" He said sharply, picking up the bags and pushing between us on his way.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My updates are so random lately and they come in bunches too... I'm sorry! After my last chapter I had a bit of a writer's block then when I tried to go back I had internet issues so blahhh. I was thinking I could just keep my bunches and update once a week from now on? I haven't decided yet, but I figured that's a good option!

Either way, thanks for sticking around guys and thanks to my new subscribers for subscribing! Hope you guys enjoy the update filled weekend! ^___^