Fix It

Can't You Realize That I Love You?

I dragged my feet as I walked out the front door this time to meet Daehyun, ever since yesterday my mother had not said a single word to me. In 2 hours was that dinner meeting she had arranged and her lack of communication to me made me paranoid. Why hasn't she come yelling for me? I checked my watch, it was 5pm and the dinner was at 7pm... I was walking out the front door and she wasn't doing anything to stop me.

Pushing away the bad feeling I had I continued to walk and only when I could no longer see my house did I begin to relax. Maybe she had gotten the hint? It was already beginning to get dark, but the streets were crowded on this Saturday night. I scanned the crowds until I saw him, his blond hair gleaming in the fading sun. A smile broke across my face as I picked my pace up, practically running to him only to stop suddenly at the troubled look on his face.

"Daehyun?" I asked quietly, placing my hand on his shoulder lightly.

"Ah, hey, you look beautiful" He complimented me and pasted a smile on his face, that didn't quite reach his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked, that bad feeling back and stronger than ever.

"... Nothing, let's just go" He said after a moment of hesitation, finally just taking my hand and pulling me alongside him. I kept watching him, I knew it wasn't nothing and it was going to bug me all night.

"You need to tell me what's wrong" I said firmly as I dug my heels to the ground and stopped us both only a few feet from our favorite restaurant.

"Hyerim... can we please just enjoy ourselves tonight?" He pleaded,  a pained look on his face.

"Please, just tell me what's wrong" I said in a softer tone, looking up into his eyes as if they would give me hint.

"My house is being..." He began, suddenly looking uncomfortable and I held his hand tighter, "my house is being repossessed by the bank. We just got the call this morning" Daehyun confessed.

I stared in shock as I tried to make sense of this, the timing was too much. A thousand thoughts ran through my mind, all leading back to my mother. it had to be her right? There was no other explanation. That house was all they had. If they lost that Daehyun would never be able to go back to school, he would have to work just to keep his family afloat. Daehyun will have to give up everything.

"Daehyun I'm sorry... I have to go" I said suddenly and my resolve weakened when I met his eyes filled with hurt and misunderstanding, "I forgot about this dinner my mother wanted me to attend. I need to go" I whispered, prying my hand free and spotting a cab. Without giving him another chance to stop me I turned and ran, forcing myself to not look back.

My phone rang with a text.

"Is it really that bad dating someone so poor" He texted and my heart broke as tears spilled down.

I didn't reply back as hot tears streamed down my face and the cab approached my house. Paying the cab driver quickly, I ran inside, the gates parting automatically for me. I checked my watch I still had over an hour I thought as I ran upstairs. My footsteps stilled as my mother walked down the hallway all dressed up and a  small book in her hands. She looked at my face, no change in her expression though I knew she could see I had cried. With a small nod she continued on her way and walked past me.

"Did you have to do that?" I asked quietly.

"Clearly" She answered.

"I'm going to get dressed for that dinner" I said, digging my nails into my palm to keep me from screaming at here right here, "So Dehyun's house will be alright right?"

"I always keep my word" She said almost kindly and it made me sick.

Without another word I walked to my room and despite the tears I looked for something to wear.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Another short chapter but only because I decided to cut it off here becuase it flowed better as part of the next chapter which will be up soon ^^