Somethings Don't Just Go Away

Can't You Realize That I Love You?

"We have to talk about this sometime" Kai muttered as he settled in to the seat across from me.

"Talk about what?" I said normally as I stuffed another spoon of cereal into my mouth, hoping he would just go away.

"You know what. About how we—" He began before I cut him off.

"I'm so full! I'm going to my room" I said practically jumping out of my seat and turning straight for my room.

"So what you're just never going to come out of there and talk to me?!" He called from behind as he ran over to catch up to me.

"I wasn't not coming out, it's just that I'm busy in my room... reading and stuff" I shot back, avoiding his gaze and trying to step around him.

"We need to talk about what happened or we're going to be awkward around each other forever" He said calmly.

"Nothing happened" I answered too quickly.

"Nothing? I mean, I apologized, but we kissed Hyerim. It wasn't nothing" He said, a slight frown on his face.

"Don't you want to forget about it? I do... I want to forget" I said quietly, finally raising my gaze to meet his. Kai looked back at me, a somewhat surprised look on his face.

"Uh, yeah sure... let's just forget and go back to normal then" He said tensely.

I fidgeted under his gaze and finally just stepped around him.

"I'm going out to see my girlfriend" He snapped suddenly behind me and walked past me, his shoulder slightly bumping mine.

I bit my lip to keep my words inside. Was he mad? Frowning I walked into my room and shut the door behind me, pressing my ear against the door as I heard his steps echo behind me. Without a word I heard the front door open and winced as he slammed it behind him.

I splashed some cold water on my face and shook myself. I had no one to feel guilty towards to, except Daehyun. Part of me wanted to tell him, to explain that it was accident on both parts, but would he even believe me? Plus, right now... things seemed... shaky and I didn't want to place our relationship in even more danger than it was in already because I loved him with all my heart I told myself. And some business arrangement, a guy who was in love with another girl even, was not going to ruin this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The smell of lilacs wafted in as my mother walked into her study where I sat waiting for her. After finally making up my mind I had practically raced over here to talk to her.

"This is a surprise" She said with her cut and paste smile. Stopping to grab a drink she walked over to her large wooden desk and settled into the leather chair behind it, looking every bit as authoritative as she was.

"When am I getting my divorce?" I  asked bluntly, my hands firmly placed on my lap.

"I figured it was about that. Well, I'm sure you'll be glad to know things are progressing much faster than I had thought. You won't be stuck in that marriage for too long" She said proud of herself.

"Good, but please, make it go as fast as possible" I  insisted ignoring the microscopic pang of regret that popped up for a second. No, for less than a second, I had probably even imagined it.

"Is something going wrong?" She asked, the slightest hint of interest in her voice as she distractedly looked over some forms in a folder.

For a moment I wanted to talk to her like a mother. I wanted to confess that with the way things were moving forward, I was getting nervous and that I needed advice, but that never happened. Looking at her now, sitting so severely with paperwork in her hands, her eyes only seeing the money line, I felt nothing.

"Nothing at all. It seems I've wasted your time mom. I'll leave" I said solemnly as I stood up.

"Wait, take this envelope and get it mailed on your way out alright?" She said distractedly as she didn't even bother to look up while she waved an enveloped towards me.

I scoffed as snatched the envelope from her hands and before giving her a chance to say something else I got out of that toxic place she called home. With a look of disgust I threw the envelope into the mail on my way out and it was suddenly one of those few times where I was glad to go home. I stopped suddenly, when had that house become home? With a slight frown I got into my car and headed back... to the house I shared with Kai.

As I pushed the door open I wasn't surprised to find the house empty. It had gotten colder since I had left it. Maybe that part was in my head. I leaned back on my heels and just kind of stood there for a second all alone and unsure of what to do. I looked out the window and noticed it was going to rain so I closed all the windows and while I was at it locked all the doors. I distracted myself as night came around and still no Kai. I was just about to turn on my computer when the loud house phone rang. I sprinted to the phone, hoping to catch it before he hung up and picked it up in a hurry.

"Hello?!" I said breathlessly as I leaned against the table it was on.

"Hyerim? Darling are you alright?" Kai's mom asked worriedly over the phone.

"O-oh! Hello! I'm fine I was just uh, rushing for the phone" I explained. It hadn't been Kai. I wasn't even going to lie, I was hoping it was him.

"Oh well I was calling to ask if you and Kai wanted to come over for dinner tonight? It's a bit late, but we figured you two hadn't eaten yet anyway" She said excitedly.

"Actually... Kai is really tired right now" I lied, noticing I was getting exceptionally good at that.

"Put him on the phone darling I can convince him!" She boasted proudly and I grimaced. Biting my lip I tried to come up with something.

"He just fell asleep. I'm so sorry, maybe another time?" I said nervously gripping the phone.

"... Sure. I'll call back tomorrow then?" She said after a long thoughtful pause on her part, my pulse quickened, did she know I was lying?

"Y-yeah. That'll be fine. Goodnight!" I said as I hung up the phone and shook myself.

She didn't know, she couldn't know! It was perfectly plausible that he had been sleeping! It was normal that a guy would be tired at night and sleep. After repeating that another three times I went back into my room. I was just about to go to bed when a sudden crack of lighting made me jump and scream.

"No no no no no" I chanted quietly as I turned off all the lights and hid under the covers, shutting my eyes tight.

Another crack of lighting this time accompanied by thunder echoed and I bit my lip in fear. A thunderstorm?! Why on the night when I was all alone?! I swore under my breath and scrambled in the dark for some headphones. Plugging them in to my mp3 I turned the music up all the way and desperately waited for it to drown out the thunder. It wasn't working. It was either really loud or my music wasn't loud enough, but I could hear it and every clash made me jump.

I took deep breaths as I put a pillow over my head and buried my head into my bed. Wide awake and completely terrified, the night passed me by and by the time the sun had finally come up there were no more sounds. I smiled in gratefulness as I glanced at the sunlight streaming in. I got off from my bed exhausted, but I had to check. Dragging my feet I opened his door to find his bedroom as empty as a ghost town, just like I had expected. I lingered at his doorway and stared at his messily made bed and felt bad. We should have just talked about it like adults.

A force made me step in and my eyes drooped as a thought wormed its way in. Why did he want to talk about our kiss so much? If he wanted to forget like I did... then he shouldn't have brought it up. I shook my head, I thought of the strangest things lately. I meant to turn back, I really did, but instead I kept walking around his room and took a seat on the edge of his bed. I stared out and listened as emptiness resounded around me. It would be alright... I told myself as I let myself fall into his bed and close my eyes, sleep grabbing a hold of me and pulling me down. The smell of him surrounded me and a smile flickered on my face.

Without a second thought I reached out for the phone on his bedside table and dialed his number I heard it ring and I almost thought it was going to go to voicemail when she picked up.

"Hello?" She answered in annoyance, "Hello? Is this a wrong number?"

My eyes slowly opened as I held the phone to my ear and I heard her oh so annoying voice ring out shrilly. That's right... there was her and him. I hung up and placed the phone back in its place. With a surprisingly heavy heart I forced myself out of his bed and out of his room and closed the door firmly behind me. I had no business in there, what was I trying to complicate my life for stalling things with Daehyun too?

I walked back to my room, closed the door, and jumped into my bed burying myself under blankets even thought the day was just beginning for most people  and completely passed out after sending Daehyun a text.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Two chapters in one because it's been like two weeks! I'm sorry I've just had a lot of school stuff to deal with! But it's defintiely much better now! and boy do I decide to post on the right day too because now you can reply to comments!!! lol that made me way too happy so.... yeah leave comments behind so I can have something to reply too k? xD

I figured I should probably warn ahead of time, scene will be on chapter 26!