Random Impulses

Can't You Realize That I Love You?

[[Kai's POV]]

I was never going to try to cook again. For as long as I lived, never ever again. If I can screw up making a pizza, I can screw up anything and I wasn't about to try and prove that theory. Not if it meant puking my guts out every single time.

"Your phone, I think you have to go" Hyerim muttered besides me.

"We're near death here. I'm not going anywhere" I snapped and couldn't help the frown on my face. What kind of guy did she take me for that I would just leave her here sick when it was my fault to begin with?

"Whatever. By the way, you're never taking care of dinner again. EVER" She mumbled as she closed her eyes again and pressed against the bathtub once again.

I smirked and ignored the jab of pain that came up once again. Oh, I was never going to even think about cooking again. Thank god, she could cook otherwise we'd be screwed. I closed my eyes once again and tried to relax myself when the buzz from my phone made me twitch in annoyance. Suppressing a groan of annoyance I pulled it out of my pocket and turned it off in the middle of whoever was calling. I wasn't in the mood to be checked up on by Da Hae right now.

She had gotten more paranoid about my relationship with Hyerim despite the countless of times I had assured her we barely even got along and even though I loved her, right now I couldn't stand an interrogation. I'll deal with the consequences later.

Pushing her from my mind I closed my eyes once again and got more comfortable as the medicine finally began to kick in. When I opened my eyes again, I could feel that time had gone past. Hyerim sat in the same place she had been and I sat up, feeling much better, but my muscles sore from staying in such an awkward position.

"Hyerim wake up" I called as I sorely stood up and stretched. She didn't move an inch.

I sighed and knelt down besides her. I shook her gently only to have no response. Was she always such a heavy sleeper? I raised an eyebrow and examined her face closely. Was she faking sleep I wondered as I studied her from her closed eyes to the way her lips pushed out from having one side of her face pressed on the edge of the bathtub. I smiled as the somewhat comical way she looked, so different from her usual composed and lady like manner.

I seriously got my kicks out of watching her get frazzled sometimes. It was so different and rare that it amused me. Like hiding her stuff sometimes and placing them in random places. She was beginning to catch on though, so I had to be careful, but still. If looks could kill while she got frustrated... I would be dead a thousand times over.

With that thought in mind I cleared my throat and leaned down closer. Sure, it was my fault she had gotten sick, but I had apologized and hence my slate was clean. With a grin I leaned in extremely close ready to call her name loudly when I stopped suddenly. I could hear her as she breathed and leaning over her, the last thing on my mind was to scare her for fun. Instead, an entirely new and strange feeling peeked out for the first time.

I pulled back a couple inches and shook her gently.

“Wake up” I said in a normal voice.

She groaned as she turned her head and finally opened her eyes. She looked dazed as she sat up. I forced myself to not move away as she tried to blink her sleep away and mumbled something incoherently. I studied her closely, was she not aware of how close we were?

“I’m going to steal something from you alright?” I heard myself ask quietly.

She looked at me with lost and tired eyes. She moved her hand to rub her eyes most likely, but instead I caught it and leaned in. My lips touched hers and I felt her body go still. I could have pulled back, but for some strange reason I didn’t. I buried a hand in her hair and the other one slid up her wrist and clasped her hand in mine. It took a few seconds, but almost as if on cue her lips began to move with mine.

I pulled back suddenly a mix of shock and thrill running through my body. She stared at me in shock, her lips slightly parted in surprise. I couldn’t help myself, she had been so close… I was a man and she was a woman, accidents like these were bound to happen anyways? I just.. I couldn’t explain this.

"Why did you…?” She asked, the shock plain in her voice.

"I-I... Uh... It was an accident?" I stuttered as I stumbled back, reality crashing in around us.

“An accident? You think you can do what you want and if you call it an accident then it’s alright?!” She yelled as she picked herself up and pulled me up by the collar, “Get out!”

With jabs and shoves she pushed me all the way out of her bathroom, then room and onto the hallway.

"It was one though! I’m not playing around I just… it just happened! Hey!" I yelled as she continued to shove me away.

"My room is off limits! Don't ever step inside!" She yelled, but I wasn't paying attention. Was she blushing? She must have noticed me staring because she slammed the door closed and I heard the lock click.

I ran a hand through my hair and frowned as I stood outside her room. Had I imagined it? No... the feel of her velvety lips... that kiss had definitely happened and it was definitely my fault. I blinked in confusion. I closed my eyes and tried to replay the moment. It had only lasted a few seconds, but it felt like longer.

“I’m sorry!” I yelled through the closed door as I stepped away. Why was I trying to ruin the easy going relationship we were building? “Hyerim! Let’s forget about it alright? It was just a… a random impulse!” I called out.

I stuffed my hand in my pocket and touched my turned off cell where I was suddenly reminded I might have angry voicemails waiting for me. I looked at Hyerim's closed door. I had really screwed up this time.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This was actually supposed to be up a week ago but school preparations got in the way and then school actually started and so I'm not counting it as my update for the week! ^_^ So there will be another chapter put up in the next couple of days. I'm finally getting the hang of school again and time management is such a huge pain T^T

Thanks for reading and subscribing! And it's pretty much been decided Kai will get the first scene (thanks for commenting and letting me know!) I'm working on where to put it so it's not random, but yes it'll come up in the next few chapters I believe