Touch The Sky

Can't You Realize That I Love You?

"Daehyun!" I called quietly as I sneaked out of my house and ran to him.

"You didn't get a chance to get changed?" He asked me silently eyeing my school uniform with surprise.

"Ah... sorry, I got home late today and you know how it is over at my house..." I explained, suddenly feeling a bit conscious of the skirt and polo shirt I wore, though he himself had only graduated a year ago.

"I'm just worried, won't this make it easier to be seen?" He asked, as he pulled his cap further over his blond hair and subtly took my hand, sending small electric shocks through my fingertips and my heart racing.

"N-no, my mother has been extremely busy with something lately, she's been barely paying attention to me lately, I think we can relax today right oppa?" I asked as a small smile broke out across my face.

"Good" He said simply as he tugged my arm and pulled me along.

We walked in a comfortable silence, the sun was slowly setting and I snuck glances over at Daehyun, marveling at my luck for being able to be with him for so long without getting caught. We arrived at a park and I immediately headed to the swings.

"How was your day?" He asked as I took a seat and began to swing back and forth gently.

"It was alright. School was really boring, but it's nice that I only have a year left" I said happily as he came up behind me and gently pushed my swing.

"Here" He said as he took off his jacket and draped it across my lap before continuing, "I'm putting off college another year" He announced.

I went still as he kept pushing my swing a bit higher each time and turned my head to try to get a look at his face. I worried about him sometimes... it was bad enough that we both knew my mother would never approve of us, but he had to make it worse by postponing school another year? Was he crazy? Still... I had to be supportive I told myself as I closed my eyes and tried to figure out what to say.

"What are you going to do instead?" I asked staring up at the sky.

"I'm going to work. My parents just can't afford it for now" He mumbled as he pushed harder as if sending me flying to the sky.

"Daehyun... don't worry it'll work out" I offered, feeling useless for not even being able to help my boyfriend when he needed it.

I felt my swing suddenly jerk to a stop as he stepped in the swing's path, catching me with a grunt as the swing came back and pushed me into his arms. The scent of his body wash surrounded me and his body was warm as he wrapped his arms tightly around me sending my heart racing. I returned the warm and sudden hug as I felt his lips touch my forehead. They lingered a fraction of a second longer before he took one hand and placed it on my chin, tilting my head up to look into my eyes.

"As long as we're together, it'll be ok" He whispered, his eyes burning with an intensity that made my mind spin from joy. Slowly, his lips touched mine and I could've sworn fireworks exploded all around us.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: So this chapter is much shorter than the rest will be, but I thought it'd be nice as a little introduction ^_^ Wahhh I'm actually pretty proud I actually sat down and started writing this ^^