A Strange Calm [Part 2]

Can't You Realize That I Love You?

I was surprised to find the lights on inside the house as I stepped up to the front door and walked in to the smell of pizza.

"Hey, did you have fun out?" Kai asked, back on his spot in the floor. This time not only surrounded by books, but also by a pizza on the coffee table, " I made the food tonight!" He announced proudly.

"It smells great" I said truthfully as I compared the smell and feel of the house to Daehyun's.

Not quite the same, but it was better than nothing.

I grabbed a plate and grabbed myself a slice. I was just about to bite into it when the events of the day played over in my head once again and I spoke before I could stop myself.

"Don't you ever guilty? About our whole dating situation" I asked suddenly before taking a bite of pizza, "You know completely disregarding morals and whatnot by dating other people"

"Why? We're both happy" He asked genuinely surprised and I somewhat painfully realized that I was the only one having these moral dilemmas here.

"I mean I guess we are, but how long are we expecting to keep this up?" I asked placing the plate on my lap and staring down on him.

He looked up at me, his eyes thoughtful. I  knew this marriage wouldn't last, but as far as Kai knew we were stuck together forever. Suddenly, his answer gained importance.

"Until we can find a way out I suppose..." He trailed off, a slight frown as he pushed himself into a sitting position.

"What if there is no way out? Then what?  Would you just simply keep a lover on the side forever?" I asked, pushing the issue. Why did it even matter? I didn't know, but I chalked it up to curiosity. What kind of guy was the man in front of me? I wanted to know.

"People get divorced all the time you know and what about you? Would you break up with your boyfriend?" He asked as he scooted forward, his eyes sparkling with triumph.

I sat in silence. If I didn't know that this would end... would I give Daehyun up? I thought about what had happened only an hour  ago and how hurt he might have been at my rejection of him. I looked over at Kai, who sat only a foot away now with his legs crossed comfortably on the carpet.

"I asked first" I shot back.

"Good point, alright well, if there were feelings between us then I would leave the other woman and I guess try to make our marriage work" Kai said, his eyes suddenly guarded as he realized the danger of the conversation we were having.

"So if you have no feelings for me then you would simply stay with her regardless of how disrespectful that might be?" I asked, my voice rising unintentionally.

"Why are you even getting worked up? We're not stuck forever so this doesn't even apply!" He snapped, his temper rising in match with mine.

"It's not about that! It's about... It's like... It's about the type of person you are!" I snapped back, my eyes angrily staring at his.

"Maybe... do you want me to stop seeing Da Hae?" He asked  quietly as if a realization had dawned upon him.

"What? No!" I exclaimed, my throat suddenly dry as I looked at him straight on, "Don't get any weird ideas alright? I'm happy with Daehyun and we're not stuck together. So it's not like I'm subtly trying to tell you something alright? I just got into the debate we were having" I said seriously.

"Hahaha" Kai laughed nervously, looking up at the ceiling and letting out a deep breath, "Why are we even fighting about this? Were you just bored? We don't have feelings for each other, we're not stuck together forever, we both have people waiting for us. Your questions don't even apply. Just eat your pizza" He said, his tone forcibly light.

I smoothed the frown of my face and realized he was right. I looked down at the strange homemade pizza and took a bite without another word. I looked over at Kai who leaned back so he laid on the carpet, one hand underneath his head and the other resting at his side. He looked thoughtful, but then again, what did I know?

"Thanks for the food" I said, settling into the couch, neglecting to mention it was the weirdest tasting pizza I had ever had.

"No problem" He said.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's part two! Wow... i already reached 20 chapters... lol Is that a lot? I've read shorter fics and longer ones so I'll just keep my pace so far. If I rush it, I think I might ruin it xD I'm super inspired tonight though, which is a good thing when I can't sleep. School starts next week for me (unfortunately), so I really want to get to a certain point in my fic by that time and then depending on homework etc I'll update, but I promise to at least update once a week ^^

I really enjoy the next couple of chapters by the way (I have the beginning written). They're very... Kai-tastic? Kai-rrific? I'll stop now ._.

Thanks to my new subscribers for subscribing :) and thanks to you guys that commented ^^ They're fun to read =)