A Last Look

Can't You Realize That I Love You?

 

Da Hae parked her in the small space besides the run down warehouse hidden between a mess of trees. It was far off from the highway and the trees were so dense, she doubted anyone could ever stumble across this place without a detailed map. It was perfect. She slammed her door shut, a warning that she had arrived, the last thing she wanted to do was spook the freaks and have them shoot her down in the front door. A gust of wind ruffled her hair and she stepped up to the front.

A large, mechanical door was swung open and Da Hae stepped in. The place was bleak, nothing but a couple of chairs, a small bathroom, some beer, and a laptop attached to a weird device that resembled a phone. She tensed as her eyes laid on the black gun resting beside one as the taller one came up to her.

“So why did you come?” He asked as he shut the door with a slam and stared at her with distrust.

“I want to see her” She announced.

“I know but why?” He asked stubbornly, refusing to move an inch.

“I just do. I handed her to you I get at least that right” Da Hae pushed, her annoyance making her arrogant, “Are they still down?” She asked cautiously.

“Yeah” The other one said bored as the two exchanged glances and finally began to lead her towards the lower part.

She followed behind cautiously; very much aware of the type of people she was dealing with. Really though, they had nothing to gain, no one would pay for her. So with that thought relaxing her a bit she watched as one pulled out a key and unlocked the huge padlock to the smaller room. The door swung open with a creak and she peered around him. On the ground before them lied two masses. As she stepped closer, they slowly morphed into bodies. They were thrown much like a sack of potatoes would. Carelessly. Thoughtlessly.

They were nothing, but cash.

Their arms were tied behind their back and clothes were stained with dirt. She broke from the two men and walked over to Hyerim. Da Hae stared at her with cold eyes. She should have taken her deal. She bent down and brushed some of her hair back. Da Hae’s lips sat in a grim line as her chest seemed to tighten with hate. She ran a fingernail along Hyerim’s skin and wondered what Kai had possibly seen in her. She wasn’t prettier than her, she wasn’t smarter, and there was absolutely nothing that would make her better!

“Don’t hurt the merchandise beforehand” One warned menacingly as he watched Da Hae dig her nail into her skin, what had this girl done to make her hate her so much?

She didn’t say a word as she pulled back her hand. She stared at her one more second, trying to memorize her moment of triumph before she left when a glint caught her eye. More curious than anything else she pulled the glittering chain from the inside of Hyerim’s shirt. She stared at the ring, at HER ring. What was it doing on her?! She remembered how Kai had taken it back, but she never would have thought he would have given it to her! Right now, there was nothing that Da Hae wanted to do than grab her by the face and smash her into the cold concrete until all that made her pretty in his eyes would be nothing but a faint memory.

Would he still love her if there was nothing to love?

Gritting her teeth she stood up and placed on stiletto heel on the passed out girl’s chest.

“What are you doing?” One man asked.

“Shut up” She hissed as she pressed down painfully and yanked the necklace so hard it broke free and she got her ring back.

Da Hae swore as Hyerim’s eyes shot open and a strangled scream came from her.

“What the hell are you doing?! We were hoping to keep her out the whole time!” Snapped one as the other presumably went to get more drugs or whatever they put her on.

“I’m getting what’s mine back” She replied coldly as Hyerim thrashed around on the ground confused and disoriented, “I’ll be going now. Don’t contact me again” She said walking out and driving away, chain and necklace in hand.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I breathed heavily. I head a low hum of noises around me. My eyelids weighed down heavily and I couldn’t find the strength to push them open. The murmurs grew louder. I wanted to see who it was. Where was I? What happened? I wasn’t at home, I knew that, but past that everything was a blur. Pieces of memories were scattered and I just couldn’t seem to put them in order. A dull sting of pain occurred somewhere on my face. Like a cold bucket of water it dragged me from the deep sleep I was in. Then it went away, I was tired something told me I didn’t want to wake up so I tried to go back into the darkness.

Instead I felt a sharp stab of pain on my chest. Like something was trying to break through my chest, it ripped me from all comfort and my eyes flew open, I heard myself scream and struggled on the ground. My eyes tried to focus on everything so that I didn’t process anything. I shook my head as I tried to rub my eyes only to realize I couldn’t find my arms. They didn’t move. My vision was blurry and I blinked fiercely as I tried to clear it away. I turned and saw Daehyun lying next to me, asleep and tied up.

Was I having a nightmare?

Strong muscular arms dragged me into a sitting position and I screamed in fear. Someone had to hear me right?

“Wait, not yet” The man who was holding me down snapped, “We might as well do it now” He instructed as the other one shrugged and raced out the door.

I took heaving breaths as I struggled in the hold I was in. I glanced back at Daehyun. Was he alive? Was he alright? He had to be alright.

“Bring her up!” The other one yelled from upstairs and I thrashed as the man picked me up and slammed me onto his shoulder so hard I was left gasping for breath.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I want winter break sooo bad I need it! I need a break from school ASAP! Aside from general teenage whines about school, I'm glad you guys are enjoying the fic. I'm going to be playing around with fonts just to see what's out there lol So if at any point of reading you come across a weird font don't worry I'm just experimenting. It took a lot for me to walk away from the option of going crazy with the colors xD

Can I just say how much the Da Hae hate comments made me laugh? They were pretty awesome so thanks for leaving those behind :)

And thanks to any new subscribers also ^^