Life Through His Eyes

Can't You Realize That I Love You?

[[Kai’s POV]]

I sulked in a seat as I wondered how a suit could be so suffocating. Then again, seeing how I was getting married today, a suit was probably the least of my worries. I thought about Hyerim, I hadn’t seen her since the engagement party and I was glad. Despite what Da Hae told me and what I tried to tell myself, I still felt bad. She had a point, there had been no need to embarrass her like that.

She was just so infuriating sometimes. Then again, she had been the one to put more effort into getting along than I had. I just figured if she hated me enough then she would fight her mother enough but instead I just kept feeling like an each and every time. In my defense, I didn’t actually think we’d make it as far as the wedding.

I sighed and stepped out of my dressing room and looked for hers. I could at least talk to her…

I frowned when I found her door half ajar. I cautiously pushed it open to find the room empty. I turned and picked up a white mesh with a little crown on the end. What the hell was this supposed to be? There were sparkly diamond pins scattered on the ground and suddenly I wondered where she was and the thought that she had run away dawned on me. I stood numbly and stared at an empty spot. This was what I wanted before, I pushed her for this decision, but I hadn’t known… or rather I refused to realize what my parents would lose.

It was karma I thought painfully as I ran out of the room and called for the elevator. I tapped my foot impatiently, running a hand through my hair. I wanted her gone, but now that I realized how much this marriage was needed she actually left. The elevator was taking too long and I turned and ran for the stairs. I nearly killed myself as I flew down the steps. What should I do? Should I call her mother?

It was by a of luck that I saw a flash of white. I followed it blindly until I reached the lower floor. I heard whispers and kept going until I saw her, holding some blond guy’s hand and smiling as he bent down and gave her a small kiss on her cheek. I stared in shock. Who was this guy? Her boyfriend? She had a boyfriend all this time? And still… she was willing to marry me because of what her mother said? Nothing made sense anymore.

“Hyerim” I called out and I watched as they both froze and she turned around quickly.

They were both caught at the foot of the stairs as I took a few more steps down.

“Why are you here?” She asked in surprise.

“What are you doing here?” I shot back taking another step down and noticing how she moved back instantly and stepped in front of the guy.

“I’m leaving” She announced with determination.

“…You can’t” I told her.

“What do you mean? You’ve spent all this time trying to chase me away and now that I’m doing what you want you don’t want me to go?” She asked incredulously.

“I didn’t know…  you were right, I was being selfish. I didn’t think about my family and only about myself” I began nervously, what could I say to her?

“I’m not going to marry you” She insisted, “Go back to your girlfriend or whatever and just go on with your plans. I won’t marry you. You’re getting your wish” She pushed.

“Please… I broke up with her this morning. My family needs you. You don’t know how hard my father has worked to build this company and then because of one bad deal he's about to lose everything. He’s killed himself working so he could leave something behind for me. I can’t take that from him” I pleaded, my voice becoming rough with emotion.

“My mother…” Hyerim began trying to think of the right things to say without giving up too much, “She could do a lot more damage than a bank”

“You think no one knows that? This is how much we need it! My parents are willing to take the risk so that at least their company can survive!” I insisted, jamming a hand in my pocket and thanking my phone was so small and that they were so distracted.

“I’m sorry…. Remember how you told me I had nothing to fight for. I’ve found my reason to fight back again. You’re not the only one with a person to love” She whispered looking guilty.

“You can’t. I’m sorry you just can’t” I snapped losing my patience, the wedding would start soon. She had to be there I told myself as I boldly stepped down and reached for her.

The man she was with cut in and wrenched my arms away from her and stepped in between.

“Don’t touch her” He said his voice full of unspoken threats.

“We won’t be happy, you said it yourself! We can’t even get along! Even if we get married do you want to be stuck me? Do you want to be stuck in a sick game of who can humiliate each other more? You’ll always have Da Hae and I’ll always have him. We will never live peacefully” She said, her voice rising a fraction louder.

Why did he even have to realize that he needed help? I could ignore him when he was being arrogant and unhelpful, but the man in front of me was begging for my help.

“Please…” I choked out, “You made a commitment. What will your mother say?” I asked, pulling out my last card and she frowned.

"Why are you suddenly being like this? It was all easier when you were being an arrogant jerk... stop playing the helpless card on me" She said, her voice softening.

Suddenly, three security guys in dark suits bust in. Two coming from behind them and two barreling down the stairs. She screamed as one grabbed her and tried to pull her away from the guy. He tried to fight back as the other two pulled his hand out of her hold. She struggled and her gaze flickered to my guilt ridden one and then down to the phone I held in my hand.

“Get him out of here!” One commanded and the two security men dragged blond man out and Hyerim cried out.

 “Let’s go” The other announced as he dragged her along. I avoided her eyes as I followed behind. There was no other way I repeated to myself.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wanted to give writing in Kai's point of view a shot, there will be a Daehyun POV later when it fits him better, but I can't say they'll happen often. Probably only like twice or maybe three times? lol anyways, I'm going to bed now ^_^ I'll post more chapters up soon!

Hope you guys liked it and leave some comments too maybe, not even gonna lie it's nice getting feedback~ =)