One Point To The Other Woman

Can't You Realize That I Love You?

People were bustling around the large ballroom of the hotel. I wore a short and flowy white dress with a red ribbon around the waist. My hair was half pulled up while the rest fell in wavy locks. I looked around as adults wandered around the room, sparkling glasses of champagne in their hands. I greeted people politely, but mostly stayed to myself. I smiled to myself as I sipped a glass of punch and remembered his parent’s reactions as they found Kai passed out on the floor last night. A loud chime went off as my mother and his parents called us both up. Kai walked off, his face apprehensive and I paid no attention.

“Thank you all for coming to day” My mother began, “As you know today we will announce the official engagement of my daughter Hyerim and her fiancée Kai, and don’t worry all of you will surely be invited to the wedding so mark the dates, invitations will be handed out as you walk out”

“We are very excited about this event and we would go on and on about it, but we figured it would be easier to let the kids handle this. So Kai would you please take it from here” His mother said gently and I hesitantly walked up beside him.

Dozens of eyes stared at us as Kai cleared his throat nervously.

“I was handed my grandmother’s ring a few days ago. I… gave that ring to the woman I love” He proclaimed bravely and I froze. I cast a nervous glance to my mother, whose face set in a stern mode and his parents who looked mortified and lost.

“I am done going along with this ” He explained fiercely while I stood foolishly besides him suddenly making sense of why he had been out the night before and was sneaking back in.

He had gone to give her the ring and now… now he was humiliating me in front of my mother’s friends, parents of kids who went to my school.  Angry tears stung my eyes as I caught a flash of movement out of the corner of my eyes and made eye contact with a girl I had seen wandering around tonight. I had thought nothing of her except now I knew who she was. She wore a light pink dress and a smile with a mocking hint to it. It that moment I knew she had put him up to this and that he was dumb enough to go along with it. She placed her hand on her chest and the diamond ring on it glittered. Suddenly it dawned on me that this wasn't just some timid girl in love.

“Please excuse us. I can promise you that this will have no impact on the wedding. The two had a fight earlier today and you know how teenagers can be impulsive, please continue on enjoying the night” My mother cut in swiftly.

I took the opportunity to whisper something in her ear and turned to go up stairs. I heard the loud staccato sounds of my mother’s heels, the sounds of Kai and his parents following up, and worst of all the murmurs of the people behind us. My urge to cry quickly gave way to my anger and I kept my face emotionless as we all poured into my mother’s office.  Quicker than anything else she her heels and slapped Kai across the face. The slap echoed against the walls and even his parents didn’t have the right to defend him.

“How dare you?” She hissed angrily as I stood behind her watching what happened. He raised his eyes, angry and rebellious and kept his mouth shut, “Its fine if you want to ruin you and your family, but my name?!” She snapped in anger and I swallowed the laugh that came up.

Her name? He ruined her name? What about her daughter?! What about me?!

“I will not marry her” He insisted.

“You idiot! Your family’s business is on the verge of collapse! Everything your parent’s have worked for is about to be taken by the bank and they’ll be left on the streets!” She yelled in his face.

“It won’t be that bad” He fought back.

“You are so stupid! Of course it will!” She yelled in frustration. I began to space out a bit. I didn’t want to think about the night. The more I thought about it, the more embarrassed I got, the angrier I became. Not this time.

“What? No it won’t right mom? We can still survive without this marriage right? I mean, there’s still a small chance?” He asked as he turned to his parents.

“… Kai this is the reason why we’re pushing the wedding so fast. In a month the bank will seize everything and if you’re not married by then… then Hyerim’s mom can’t do anything to help us” His father said and even I could feel the disappointment in his voice.

Kai turned back to face my mother, his eyes wide and in shock. He really hadn’t thought things were that bad I noticed in wonder. He raised his eyes to mine, they were hopeless and lost and I looked away. He would get no comfort or help from me. A knock on the door interrupted the silence as one of our guards walked in. He whispered something in my mother’s ear and dropped a glittering ring into her hand which we all recognized.

“Hey! Where did he get that?!” Kai yelled stepping forward before his father grabbed a hold of him and held him back.

“This belongs to your fiancée” My mother said in a cold voice that sent chills down my spine and she signaled me to come over.

I walked over numbly and placed my hand in hers and she roughly pushed the ring onto my finger. The ring sparkled beautifully, but now it only reminded me of this moment and I knew it would for the rest of my life. I took my hand back and let my arms rest at my sides.

“We’re going to go clean up this mess you caused” She ordered as she walked out, his parents following behind and gave me an apologetic look.

I stood looking off to the side and waited before finally turning off towards the door.

“Wait, I think I—“ He began.

“You’re an idiot. Did you even think for a second how this would look for me? Or was it your intention to humiliate me?” I snapped.

“I… didn’t think about that” He said slowly.

“Of course you didn’t. Why would you?”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Summer is just a great time to write. I'm gonna try to update as much as I can before school starts, but that's not for another month-ish so we're all good ^^ B.A.P.'s new album came out it wasn't my absolute favorite... mostly because I wanted more Warrior and Power type of songs, but I still loved ittttt! XD Now if only EXO's new album would come out soon my summer will be complete! =D

Thanks for subscribing and commenting!!! ^___^