Face to Face

Can't You Realize That I Love You?

 

I hummed a soft tune to myself as I skimmed through racks of clothes. It was a quiet day and it had been a long time since I had gone out to do some shopping. I found a nice black blouse with silver rings holding the sleeves together and pulled it from the rack. I held it up and jumped slightly as my phone disrupted the quiet atmosphere in the department store. I sent an apologetic look at the women who sent me sharp glances and fumbled to find my phone in my bag. I finally pulled it out only to stare at the strange number in confusion. I bit my lip, temporarily wondering if it could be Kai using a different number, but I picked up regardless.

“Hello?” I asked calmly.

“We need to talk” Said a cold feminine voice from the other side.

“I don’t really have anything to say to you” I said, feeling deep dislike bubbling up inside of me as I recognized her voice.

“But I have something to say to you. I’ll text you the address. Don’t be late” Da Hae said and without another word hung up.

“” I muttered as I stared angrily at my phone. A text beeped in not a minute later and I placed the shirt back on the rack.

I hesitated as I stared at the address, remembering Kai’s words. Was this just some sort of trap to make us get into a fight? I let out a long breath and glanced back at the shirt. I could just continue shopping and ignore her… but damn it if I wasn’t curious as to why she was calling me out. Knowing it was a bad idea I walked out of the store.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked in and was led by the waitress to a table where she sat. She had a cruel look in her eyes. Her hair was sleek as it was pulled into a bun and she looked ready to strike a business deal as I sat across from her. A long manicured fingernail tapped the table and slid a menu towards me coldly. I raised an eyebrow and kept it on the table.

“What did you have to say?” I said getting to the point; I wasn’t in the mood to beat around the bush.

“Kai broke up with me, though I’m sure you would already know” She said icily, closing the menu and placing it with a quick slap on the table.

“I would think since you already understand, you wouldn’t be calling me here. Are you here to threaten me or something?” I asked incredulously.

“Not at all. I’m here to talk. I grew up poor you know and in all my life the only person to take care of me was this silly rich teenager who had everything I ever wanted and then suddenly he fell for me and just kept on falling…” She said a knowing smile on her face.

“Am I here to hear your love story?” I cut in, surprised at the sudden glare she cut my way.

“I’ll get to the point. Kai has a lot of money and he loves me, why make him feel guilty and try to get him all confused by whatever you think you have to offer? I can’t let him go. He’s too valuable” She said simply and I got the feeling that we weren’t talking about emotional valuable.

“You’re a gold digger so young?” I said with a small superior laugh, “Boy are you with the wrong guy. Why don’t you just try showing a little more skin and bag yourself some desperately lonely middle aged man instead of trying to ruin Kai’s life?”

“I would, but why when I have a young handsome man that loves me?” She said getting on edge.

“Because your young man is broke. The only reason he has anything is because of me and if I divorce him my mother will take everything from him” I replied quickly, itching to see that smug smirk of hers go away.

She shrugged as if I had just confirmed her doubts.

“So then we change tactics, how much is it worth for me to leave your husband alone?” She said with a friendly smile.

“Are you seriously trying to tell me your willing to sell me Kai’s love? What is wrong with you? He cares about you!” I hissed, furious at the way she was using him.

“I’m not asking you to buy his love nothing can do that, I’m asking you how much is your love for him worth?”

“You’re crazy. Leave him alone and stop messing with him before I call the cops on you for extortion” I snapped, “I’m making sure you don’t get a cent from either of us”

“Listen I’m in debt. You think I can even begin to play in your world without money? So I need money. Give me enough and I disappear that’s it simple as that” She said seriously.

“I’m not giving you a cent and don’t go near Kai again, he doesn’t need this from you” I said, I was done listening to her. I reached for my purse.

“I can promise you’re going to regret this” She said calmly as she flipped open a menu once again.

I gave her a weird look, why did she creep me out so much?

“Listen I’m sorry for what happened with Kai, but clearly you were just using him so just find someone else, but stop torturing him with guilt by making him think you’re innocent! I’m not going to let you hurt him” I said, trying to keep my rising temper down, aware that we were in a public place.

“I’m a little desperate” She snapped gripping my arm painfully tight, “I don’t have time for you to be righteous. Pay me and I leave simple as that”

“Don’t touch me” I said through gritted teeth and a fake smile.

 I stood up and walked out of the place quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Da Hae sat back down and stared at the tablecloth with a hardened glare. Two men walked out from their corner table and sat before her.

“Did you see her?” She said, a voice void of all emotions.

“Yeah” The older of the two said.

“After this we’re even right? You’ll stop harassing me?” She whispered.

“If it goes according to plan then yeah we’ll stop and you can go on your way and we won’t have to break those pretty little fingers of yours” The man said with a sickly grin.

“She’s worth a lot so with this my debt is paid” She said with a final word as her eyes skimmed the menu and she decided on a dish to order. Anger and shame mixed in her. Kai… was hers to have. It was Hyerim’s own fault for meddling. Even if it was a forced marriage… it should have stayed that way. She had invested too much time.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think I have too much fun writing conflicts xD anyways the second update of the week and on time too! ^__^ Thanks for commenting and reading hope you guys enjoy this one and I think there's going to be one more update this weekend =D I think Daehyun is showing up again ;)