Attempt At Peace

Can't You Realize That I Love You?

I sat at the large table. The sun was just rising, a cup of tea in my hand and my eyes scanning a book. Finals were coming up and I had a lot of make up work to do. I raised my head from the book as I heard the sound of the front door unlocking and someone walking in. I watched as Kai walked in silently, keeping my face blank.

"Good morning" I said cooly.

"Ah... did you wait... for me?" He asked in surprise and I smirked.

"Not at all. I went to bed, I just woke up" I said proudly as I noticed the wrinkles in his clothes, his messy hair and the way he wouldn't really meet my eyes, "You must've slept well" I said.

"No, I mean I did, but—" He began quickly and I cut him off. I didn't want to know.

"Was she alright?" I asked and he looked startled.

"Yeah, she was fine"  He confessed and I bit back the I told you so.

"That's good" I said and went back to reading my book and sipping my tea.

"Hyerim, I didn't... I mean, I... I should have come back earlier last night" He said apologetically and I looked up at him, careful to keep my expression calm.

"That's fine just be careful no one sees you. I don't want to be dealing with rumors of how not even 24 hours of being married I'm being cheated on" I said, unable to keep the edge off my voice.

He looked like he was going to say something else, but instead shook his head and walked away. I stared after him and sighed. I looked back at my book and closed it with a thud. I couldn't concentrate. I walked into the kitchen and began to make myself pancakes. I made three then looked out towards his room, should I make more? I did say I wasn't going to cook for him. But we were trying to be civil to each other at least right? That's right for the sake of peace, I should make some more.

"Do you eat pancakes?" I asked, not turning to face him as I heard him walk in.

"Uh, yeah I do. Thanks" Kai said as I heard him move around behind me in the kitchen.

"I looked around and spotted the cabinet with the plates. Of course they would place it on one of the highest ones I thought as I stood on my tip toes and used the tips of my fingers to reach for the plates. I bit my lip as I stretched out as far as I could when suddenly my fingers pulled the top 3 of the pile and they came flying at me.

"Watch out!" Kai yelled as he reached out for me and pulled me away as glass shattered beside us, "Why didn't you use a chair if you couldn't reach up?!"

"I... thought I could get it" I muttered as I suddenly felt a cold drop of water fall on my cheek.

I looked up to find myself extremely close to Kai. My eyes ran up his chest, paused at the open space the shirt offered, up his neck, past his lips and to his wet hair. Another drop fell on me and I noticed he smelled good.

"Sorry, I usually don't dry my hair" He said with a shrug as he wiped away the water from my face and turned to get the broom and dustpan.

"Only our first day alone and we're already down 3 plates" I joked as I blinked the moment away and turned to help him clean up.

"At least we have food!" He said happily as he looked longingly at the pancakes and I smiled too.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A really short update because the next one will be long and this part jsut didn't fit with the next one at all. Thanks for leaving such nice comments behind guys ^_^

Glad you're enjoying the fic~