Annyeonghigaseyo (Part 2)

When Dreams Turn Into Reality

(Continued...)

My Umma dragged in a breath. "Here. I want you to have this." I watched her as she touched her sapphire pendant. My eyes widened.

 
"Isn't that the necklace Appa gave you?" I questioned.
 
She slowly nodded her head. Then she continued to slowly life up her arms and reach behind her neck to find the clasp. 
 
I sat there quietly as she did so, and continued to cry lightly. When she got it off, she slid it off her neck and put it in my palm. 
 
"When you miss me, just touch it. Then you'll remember me and everything we have done together. I may not be here physically; but I'll always be in your heart." She whispered.
 
I admired the necklace in my hand. I quickly put it around my neck and touched at the pendant. 
 
"Oh, and I want to tell you this. Continue to shine, my lovely daughter. Never give up on your passions. Always be who are. Never change." She went silent. She then drew in a ragged breath.
 
"Make sure to be the best musician there is. Show the people your talent on the piano. And l want you strive for your dreams." She smiled at me.
 
Then I remembered! I had to play my song I wrote for my Umma! I quickly got up from the seat I was sitting in ran out into the hallway. I grabbed the nearest doctor. "Can you get me a keyboard please?! I need to play my song for my Umma before she leaves!" I begged.
 
"A electric piano, right?" He asked.
 
I nodded quickly. "Yes that! Do you think you can get one for me?" I asked him.
 
"I'll see what I can do." He said and rushed off in the opposite direction.
 
I walked back into my Umma's room. When I looked at her, her eyes were closed.
 
"Umma?!" I asked, starting to panic.
 
My Umma opened one of her eyes. "Yes, Eun Mi?"
 
I let out a sigh of relief. "Don't scare me like that! I thought you left me!" I said.
 
"Not yet... I want to hear your song first." She whispered.
 
I fixed my face mask and sat back down at the side of my Umma's bed. I laid my hand on top of her's. "Do you want a quick snack of Pocky, before you go?" I asked her.
 
My Umma nodded slowly. "Sure, why not?"
 
I smiled and walked to my backpack that was leaning against the wall next to the door. I opened the zipper and grabbed the pink Pocky box. I shook it and showed it to my Umma.
 
She smiled and I handed her the pack.
 
"Can you open it for me, please?" She asked and handed me back the pack.
 
I nodded. "Of course." I proceeded to open the pack.
 
"Just give me two please. And the rest is for you." She said.
 
I took out two sticks of Pocky. My hands were shaking a bit. She grabbed it and starting nibbling on it. I stared at my Umma as she ate the snack. I smiled behind my face mask.
 
"I'll miss these times." I said. I felt tears coming again.
 
Then footsteps were heard by the door. When I turned around, there were two guys holding a keyboard and a stand. I stood up and bowed.
 
"Kamsamnida!" I said.
 
They nodded and began to set the keyboard. They placed it a few feet away from my Umma's bed and plugged it in the closet socket.
 
Then they left the room. I got up from my seat and dragged it behind the keyboard. Before I sat down I went into my backpack and grabbed y sheet music. I walked back to the keyboard and put the music in front. I sat down and fixed my face mask and looked at the music. The notes on the paper were blurring, due to the tears that were forming at the brim of my eyes. I drew in a breath and began to play. 
 
I watched as my Umma slowly shut her eyes. forming in a smile as I got farther into the song. She was deep within the song. As I reached the middle of the song, I heard my Umma say: "Lee Eun Mi... You are the best daughter an Umma can ask for. Never let your light die out. You'll be a very successful person once you grow up... I'll miss you with all my heart. Saranghae and annyeonghigyseyo..."
 
I felt the warmth of my tears travel down my cheek. I was biting my lip behind my face mask, trying to keep my sobs from escaping. My Umma looked at me one last time... She then closed her eyes and put a peaceful smile on her face. Once I hit the final note of the song, the heart monitor rang in sync. 
 
My Umma... She's gone... God was taking her away to Heaven... I let out a loud sob. I quickly dragged the chair and put it back to the side of my Umma's bed and I grabbed my Umma's cold hand. I put my head on top of her hand and the mattress. I managed quiet sobs. I looked up at my peaceful Umma. 
 
She died peacefully... She died listening to my song for her. "Umma. That song... Was only for you... Annyeonghigaseyo... I love you." I whispered to myself.
 
-------------------------
 
Omo~ 
This chapter was soooo long!!!!
I didn't even notice that the thing got cut off because it was so long...
 
Well, I hope none of you guys cried...
*Hands you all a tissue*
 
I will update again later tonight (maybe)...
 
SARANGHAEYO!!!!!<3