Reminiscing...

When Dreams Turn Into Reality

(A/N: This chapter will be filled with flashbacks of Eun Mi's life. Feel free to skip it all if you want.. Unless you want to know the background part of your life.. [Since you are Eun Mi..])

-------------------------------

Eun Mi's POV:

I walked out of the hospital and walked to the park that was a few blocks away. I enjoyed the slight breeze and the nice city noise. I approached the park and I admired the great scene. Little kids playing in a sand box, a family enjoying a small picnic, and teenagers on the swings.. Gosh, this was perfect... But I'd never be able to experience a family outing.. Since my Appa is gone and my Umma is sick...

I sat down at the nearest bench and put in my headphones... I played JoJo by SHINee... I slowly started to close my eyes as my mind filled with thoughts of my Appa...

*Flashback (1)*

"Appa?" I had made my way to the front of the house, right when my Appa put his hand on the door knob. "Where are you going?" I asked as I rubbed my tired eyes.

Appa slipped his hand off the door knob and put down his bag down on the floor. He kneeled down in front of me and put his hands on my shoulders. "I'm leaving... But your Umma doesn't know yet..." He answered in a quiet voice.

I tilted my head to the side. "Why? Did Umma and I do something wrong?" I asked him.

My Appa was taken aback. "No! Of course not!" He said albeit shocked.

"Then why are you leaving?" I questioned.

"Because it's for what I did..." He hung his head down.

I patted the top of his head. "Umma and I will forgive you... Just stay." I said to him.

Appa raised his head with a small smile on his head. "Thanks, darling... But I can't stay. I don't want to hurt your Umma anymore." He told me.

"But Appa. Just stay. Please. Umma and I will be sad if you go." I started to feel sad.

"I'm sorry, Eun Mi... But I have to." He whispered. He then proceeded to kiss my forehead and grabbed me into a hug. Then he stood up and reached down for his bag.

I then approached his leg and clung on. "You'll be back right?" I asked him.

He patted my head. "We'll see, Eun Mi." He then released me from his leg and opened the door.

"Annyeong Appa." I said as I waved to him. 

He waved back and closed the door behind him.

*End of Flashback(1)*

And that was the last time I ever saw him... Never will I forget that same morning when my Umma woke up....

*Another Flashback(2)*

"Where's Appa?" My Umma asked me. 

I was just sitting there watching TV... Not too sure how to feel.

"He left..." I told her.

"What do you mean?" Umma sat in front of me and put her hands on my knees.

"He left... He said that he didn't want to hurt you anymore... So he left." I told her.

"Did he say why?" She questioned.

"It's for what he did." I rubbed at my eyes.

"What did he do?" My Umma asked a lot of questions...

I shrugged. "Appa didn't say. But he did say he'll be back." I smiled.

My Umma nodded. "I have a feeling he won't..." She said quietly.

I put my hands on my Umma's cheeks. "He'll be back. Didn't you hear me?" I looked deep into her eyes.

Then my Umma broke down into tears...

*End of this Flashback(2)*

I opened my eyes... The park was the same as before I closed my eyes... Now, my iPod was playing Again & Again from 2PM... I sighed and felt the breeze blow past my face. I looked up to the sky. Out of the many events in my life... Never will I forget the time during a small holiday break... Right before my Umma went missing....

*Flashback(3)*

"Eun Mi-ah! I'll be of to go skiing, okay?!" My Umma called out to me.

I emerged from the bathroom with a frown. "But they said that it's not safe to be out there today..." I warned her.

My mom waved her hand. "Anni. Don't worry. We won't be in that area. I promise." She said.

I shook my head. "I suggest you stay... Because you never know." I crossed my arms at my chest.

"Oh Umma. Can't you trust me?!" She whined.

I laughed at that. I guess you can say I was acting very motherly. As my Umma acted like a child. "Fine. Go then. I just hope I don't regret letting you go..." I shooed her off.

"Have fun with your friends, okay?" She came up to me and hugged me. "I'll be back by 5." She kissed my forehead.

"Annyeong Umma. Be safe, arraso? I love you." I said as she exited the room.

*End of Flashback(3)*

I sighed to myself. Both times... I let them go... I could've stopped both of them. If I begged more.. But I didn't and now look at where I'm at... Stuck without an Appa and a sick Umma... I noticed that both times I had gotten a kiss on the forehead. Never will I let someone do that... Because it might result in something bad.. But at the same time, it may not..

All I could think of is: If I held onto both my parents, I wouldn't be in this situation.. I'd have an Umma and an Appa to love and cherish... But I didn't... I simply let them go... Both... I have no clue where my Appa is right now. And my Umma is meeting up with death with the illness she has... My life is just not what I pictured it to be.

I fiddled with the hospital bracelet I had to wear, and decided that it was time for me to get back to the hospital... I ventured off from the park and took out one headphone in my ear so I can hear what's going on around me as well as my music... As I walked back,  all I could think about was the same night my Umma left for her little skiing activities, was when the police had asked for me.

*This is the Final Flashback(4)*

I was sitting there, laughing with my new friends I had made here at the lodge. I glanced at the time, and noticed it was already 5:45PM... I was getting really worried because my Umma was supposed to be back by 5... I shrugged it off, thinking that my Umma was in the room warming up or something... As I continued to talk with my friends, the time advanced to 6. I was really getting worried. I decided to leave for a few minutes just to see if my Umma was okay or not. But right when I got up:

"Lee Eun Mi?" I heard my name be called out.

I turned around and saw two police men standing there. I raised my hand. "That'll be me."

They nodded and walked towards me. "Is your Umma Lee ____?" (A/N: I can't think of a name... Mianhae.) One of the police officers asked.

I slowly nodded my head.

"Then you'll need to come with us then..." The other one said.

They walked in front of me and followed them. "What's going on? What's wrong with my Umma?" I asked. I started to panic.

"She's missing." One of them said without looking back.

"MISSING?!" I cried out. I began to feel hot tears stream down my face.

"There was an avalanche... And it must've dragged her and her skiing instructor down... And as of right now, we can't seem to find them.. With the disadvantage of it being dark and not sure where they could be..." 

I wrapped my arms around myself as we walked into a small room. My tears still making its way down my cheeks. "Umma?" I whimpered.

"We're sorry dear. We'll try to find her as fast as possible. We just have to wait until sunrise." A woman came up to me. The room was full of people shuffling around and talking amongst themselves.

I sat down on a plastic chair and cried silently to myself. 

Someone came up in front of me and put their hand on my shoulder. I slowly looked up at the person. It was a male teenager. About my age. "How are you holding up?"

I shrugged and looked back down and cried some more.

"Would you like to go back to your room?" He asked me.

I nodded. "Yes please." I croaked out. Not able to find my voice after all the silent crying...

I slowly stood up and he grabbed me by my waist. We walked to the elevator and I escaped from his grasp. "Mianhae.. I'm just not comfortable..."

The guy nodded. "I understand."

The elevator opened and I slowly walked in. "Do you know how long it will take to fine my Umma?" I asked quietly as the elevator doors closed.

"My Appa, one of the guys on the search team, said about two to three days... But if it takes longer, they will make sure that they find your Umma no matter what." He answered.

I nodded. My tears were uncontrollable. They just kept on coming. "I hope she's still alive..." I whispered.

"Just keep the faith and the hope." He reassured me.

"Ne." I said. The elevator dinged and the doors opened.

"Thank you for accompanying me. I got it from here." I bowed to him.

"There will be a police man guarding your room 24/7 for the next 72 hours..." He said right before the elevators closed again. 

I walked back to my room, and there was the police man. Standing there. "Good evening." I quietly said.

"Good evening. We will find your Umma.. Hwaiting." He reassured me.

I nodded. "Kamsamnida." I opened the door and closed it behind me. I didn't bother to change... I went straight to my Umma's bed and went under the comforter. Her scent still lingering upon the sheets. I fell asleep to the smell of my missing Umma...

*ENDDD OF THE FLASHBACK!!!!(4)*

I was back in the hospital... I went to my Umma's room... The door was locked when I got there. I knocked on the door... And when it opened, a doctor came out. "Ah. Eun Mi..." He said.

"Yes? Is there a problem?" I asked him.

"Your Umma... She's getting worse. Her body temperature went down another degree... If it goes down two more, her body will freeze and completely shut down..." He said to me as he pushed his glasses up his nose.

I nodded. "I understand..."

"But there's something else..." He said.

"Oh? And what's that?" I asked him.

"Your Umma has come up with the flu as well... It's killing her even more than the hypothermia... We give her about another week..." He told me.

I stood there, crying... How much longer will these tears continue?

-----------------------------------------------

AHHHH~! 
I actually liked typing this chapter....
I'm sorry if you got confused though.....
I just felt like typing up a little background part of Eun Mi's life, so I can clear things up.....

And that final part with the little meeting with the doctor I decided to add that to put more dramatic effect...

So I hope you enjoyed the chapter...
The next chapter, Teen Top will be back in the story.

SARANGHAEYO!!!!<3