New song

When Dreams Turn Into Reality

OMG!!!! I had a really well written update for you guys and it was quite lengthy... But for some reason, my finger slid on my trackpad of my laptop and it clicked out of the page..... Come to realize, I hadn't saved my update as a draft... So, I had to restart all over again.. I hope it comes out better than the first time without sounding so clipped and rushed. OTL I am also really sorry for taking two months to finally update again. I feel horrible for leaving you guys in the dust, waiting for an update.
___________________________

Eun Mi's POV:

I sat in my seat, pencil in hand, and a piece of paper with a makeshift musical staff. What started off as a single note on the page, was now becoming a full fledge song. A flurry of notes came rushing into my head and I jotted it down on the paper as they kept coming. I leaned back and examined what I had so far, the melodic sound played in my head as my eyes scanned over each note. I blocked out the words of Mrs. Chang in the front of the room as I lifted my pencil and tapped my chin with it; deep in concentration. Then suddenly, more notes came into my head and I started scribbling down notes one after the other. I smiled to myself as I saw the progress of where this song was going, it was a fairly happy piece from what I kept hearing in my head.

"Le Eun Mi?" name is called from the front.

I look up from my piece of paper, meeting the gaze of a not-so-pleased Mrs. Chang.  "Yes, ma'am?" I ask with a quiet voice.

"What is on that piece of paper that is distracting you from my lesson?" she questions.

I push the paper away from my reach and bow my head. "Nothing, Mrs. Chang. I am greatly sorry," I apologize.

She takes a deep intake of breath and goes back to facing the board, going on about how the Earth was round and other random science stuff. I look back down at my paper and I listen to the melody I had so far in my head. I placed my hands flat on the table in front of me and my hands gracefully move around, tapping at the hard surface, as if a piano was right in front of me. 

Then suddenly two voices hiss at me. "Pay attention!"

I stiffen and fold my hands into my lap. I look to the front and try to focus on Mrs. Chang's lesson, but my hands itch to get more of my newly formed song written. I push the urge away and place my chin in my hand, staring at the board that was covered in writing and some pictures. My eyes start to flutter close, but the one to my right nudges my arm. "Yah. Stay awake. You need to quit falling asleep in class," Changjo's breath hits the edge of my ear from how close he was to me.

I turn my head to look at him and we nearly bump heads. "I'm sorry... If I'm not preoccupied by something, I'm bound to fall asleep," I whisper back.

"You need to pay more attention, too," Ricky suggests to my left.

I turn my head to look at him and he was hastily jotting down word for word what Mrs. Chang was saying. "Since when do you take notes?" I question.

"Since I've been failing science... If I fail the test tomorrow, I'm screwed," he whispers harshly as his eyebrows knit together trying to keep up with Mrs. Chang.

"You know, I could help you study... How about when we go to my imo's salon today, as you get your hair done, I'll help you study," I offer.

Ricky looks up from his paper and grins at me. "Would you really help me?" he asks with widen eyes.

I nod. "Sure, I'd love to."

He nods and goes back to his notes, speaking down to his paper. "Thanks, Eun Mi."

I look back up at the front of the room and try to refocus on what was going on. But another nudge on my arm pulled me away from actually learning something. Changjo pointed down at the desk with his pencil and I look down to see a folded piece of paper. I grab at it and open it cautiously, glancing up at Mrs. Chang just to make sure she wasn't looking at me. The piece of paper had a small message that read: 'You'll help me study, too, right?' in Changjo's handwriting. 

I look at him and nod. "Sure, why not," I whisper to him.

He nods and looks back to the front.

I sigh and try to revert my attention on the lesson. But as I concentrated on what was being taught, my eyes slowly started to close on me again. Next thing I knew, everything went black.

Changjo's POV:

Eun Mi's head was slowly falling down towards the table. Before it could hit the table, I placed my hand underneath her forehead and tenderly placed her head on the table. I chuckle at how fast she could fall asleep after staring at the front of the class. I glanced towards the clock at the corner of the room and we still had about twenty minutes until the bell rang, signaling lunch. I drum my fingers on the table and my eyes glance over to the sheet of paper that was in front of Eun Mi. 

It was flawed with lines and dots. From what it looked like, it was just a plain piece of paper with crooked lines and a bunch of notes crunched up together. I reached for it and analyzed the paper. Eun Mi had messily drew her lines which the notes sat upon and created a song. I didn't really know what was going on, on the page, but I knew that whatever Eun Mi wrote, it would sound beautiful nonetheless. 

Time seemed to go really slow once you knew that class was close to finished... I stared at Mrs. Chang and her board which she kept pointing at with her meter stick. I sigh again as I glance over to Ricky who was really glued to that piece of paper. He was furiously writing things down, thinking that whatever was coming out of Mrs. Chang's mouth was important. I shake my head and chuckle quietly as I continue to pay attention to what was being said. 

I feel my eyes start getting heavy, but I fight the sleepy feeling away. I inhale and look around the room, trying to keep myself from falling asleep. When my eyes suddenly closed, I jerked away and looked at the clock. We suddenly only had five minutes left of class. I blinked away the tired feeling and then patted Eun Mi's back. It wasn't enough for her to wake up, so I patted her back a bit more forcefully. She woke up with a deep inhale and looked around groggily.

"We have five minutes left of class, get your stuff together so you won't have be rushing to get out of here, getting all your stuff into your backpack," I tell her softly.

She nods and picks up her backpack from the floor, she put her notebook away and her hand grabbed at her sheet music and puts it into her bag gently. She sighs and places her backpack on her desk. She places her head on the stuffed bag and her eyes closed again and her breathing became heavy in an instant.

Ricky met my gaze and he blinks. "She can fall asleep fast," he mutters.

I nod in agreement and chuckle. 

I look back at the clock and the bell is just about to ring. I begin to gather my own stuff, getting ready to go to lunch. Mrs. Chang then reminded the class about the science test that would take place tomorrow and as she said her last word, the bell rang. At that exact moment, Eun Mi was on her feet, jetting out of the room. "Out of my way guys!" she says loudly.

"What the heck?" Ricky exclaims in surprise. 

My eyes follow Eun Mi out of the room and I get up from my seat, waiting for Ricky to get his stuff together. "How in the world does she do it? One moment she's asleep and then she's suddenly wide awake, literally running to lunch," Ricky muses as he gathered his papers.

I shrug. "She's on a mission that's why."

"Does it have to do with that paper she was scribbling on before Chang got on her case?" he questions.

I nod. "Some song she wrote. I think she's determined to get it finished," I reply.

Ricky nods and hops from one foot to the other. "I'm ready to go eat lunch."

The two of us walk out of the classroom and through the hallways just to get to the cafeteria. As we approach the large room, it was teeming with teenagers. We pushed our way through the crowd and made our way to our usual spot. When our table was in sight, Eun Mi was hopping up and down beside her friend. "Ha Ni. Palli. I have to get to a practice room!" she exclaims hastily.

"What's at a practice room that you have to rush me just to give you your food?" Ha Ni questions.

We get to the table and we're welcomed by our other bandmates and two of Eun Mi's other friends. "Manager hyung bought us food, they're all the same, so you can grab whatever bag is left," CAP hyung tells me and Ricky.

I nod and look over at Eun Mi and Ha Ni. "Come on, Ha Ni!" Eun Mi rushes her friend. 

Ha Ni pulls out a container and a pair of chopsticks from her bag and hands it to Eun Mi. "Gomawoyo, Ha Ni!" Eun Mi exclaims before she leans down to plant a kiss on her friend's cheek. Eun Mi ran out of the cafeteria and out of sight.

"Okay, who gave her sugar?" she looks at me and Ricky accusingly.

I raise my arms up in surrender. "Not I."

Her gaze falls onto Ricky and he shakes his head with food stuffed into his mouth.

"She was writing a song in Chang's and she's eager to get it written farther," I explain to her.

Ha Ni's mouth forms into an 'O' shape and she nods. "No wonder. That girl goes bonkers when she has a fresh idea for a song in front of her," she smiles.

I nod and grab at the untouched bag on the table. "Well if you guys will excuse me, I'll be off." I wave with the bag in my hand and  walk out of the cafeteria. As I made my way through the hallways and out of the building, I shield my eyes from the sun that suddenly attacked my eyes. I walk through the large campus to the building with all the practice rooms. I expertly get there and open the door. I'm welcomed by a gust of cold air and I walk in, peeking into each windowed door, trying to find Eun Mi. 

When I reached the second to last door in the hallway, Eun Mi's back was to me and she was swaying back and forth as her arms swiftly moved from one side of the piano to the other. I knocked on the door and Eun Mi turned around. A smile formed on her face when she saw me and opened the door. "I knew you'd come around," she smiles wider before reaching up to peck my cheek.

My face starts to heat up and I take a step into the small room and close the door behind me. I sit in the vacant chair to the side and open my container of food and begin to eat as Eun Mi started to play on the piano. I got lost in the melodic sound as I took another bite of rice. It started off as a soft, slow moving harmony and then it jumped to a more joyful, fast tempo piece. I ate some more as I look up at Eun Mi's back as she hunched over, writing more notes on her sheet of paper.

Eun Mi turned around on the piano bench and glanced at the food in my lap. "What's for lunch?" she questions.

I hold it out for her to get a better view. "Kalbi, rice, and kimchi~"

She nods and grabs at the container on top of the piano. "Ha Ni's mom made kimbap and some spicy chicken," she shows me her container of food. "I'll trade you some kimbap if you share your kimchi," she smiles at me.

I nod and scoop up some kimchi and hold it out, to put it into Eun Mi's container but instead she takes the food into . "Yum~" she mutters between chews.

I chuckle and she grabs at a piece of the kimbap and holds it out in front of my mouth. I take it into my mouth and chew. "Wow. This is really good," I say after I swallow. "Why does Ha Ni always bring you food?" I ask curiously.

Eun Mi shrugged as she put another piece of chicken into . "When Ha Ni first got here, I was the first one to talk to her. For some reason, I was just lured into her. Like, I knew she was gonna be a really great friend. So we started to get to know each other and we became close after a week. But what happened was that these boys were bullying her and she didn't tell me..." she explains. "So one day, I had found the boys cornering Ha Ni and I went to go stick up for her... Ever since then, I had always gone to Ha Ni's house after school and her mom grew fond of me. So everyday since that day, I've been receiving lunch from Ha Ni; courtesy of her mom," she finishes, putting another piece of kimbap into .

I nod. "That was very nice of you, Eun Mi."

Eun Mi chuckled. "Yeah. That's what friends are for. No one picks on my friend," she nods.

"You're a wonderful friend," I tell her.

She bit her bottom lip and turned back around. Her hands smoothly went from key to key and the tune played in my ears, making me feel like I was floating on a cloud as I ate. When she finished and leaned back to write the new notes that came to her. "How do you come up with songs at random?" I ask her.

She shrugged as she examined her sheet. "It just comes to me... Like if I'm really bored, a tune just plays in my head and then I write it down.. Sometimes, I never have real empty sheets, so I always find myself making my own," she explained.

"You have a real good talent if you have the ability to do that," I compliment. 

"Thanks... It's my talent that got me this far in life... I have my umma to thank for being a pianist. She brought me into this world and as soon as I was able to communicate, she taught me how to play," she said. Eun Mi went back to playing and then she hit a final note and it rang through the small room. "Done~!" she muttered. She grabbed the sheet of paper and shoved it to my face. "Look at it~ I'm completely finished!" she mused.

I stared at the paper that look all to unfamiliar to me. I nod in response and chuckle. "It looks nice~" I say nervously.

Eun Mi pulled the paper away from me and smiled widely. "It's a masterpiece. I'm surprised on how fast I actually wrote it." 

I finished the last of my lunch and put my container back in the bag. "So what now?" I ask her.

"We can stay in here until lunch ends... Or we can go to the courtyard and just sit around," she suggested.

I shrug. "Why don't you teach me how to play piano?" I ask.

Her eyes brighten and she nods. "Come. I'll be the best teacher you can ask for," she smiles.

I get up from my seat and I sit to the left of her. I stare at the black and white keys and I press a random one and the sound hugs around the two of us. "The note you just pressed was a D," Eun Mi spoke beside me.

I pressed the key next to it and glance at her. "This note?"

"E"

I continue to press keys and Eun Mi would name the note that I had played. "The piano repeats itself, because there are different octaves you can play in. It ranges from a very low pitch to a very high pitch," she explained. 

As she started teaching me where my hands needed to be on the instrument, the bell rung. "Oh. Class time~" she piped.

"Yeah.. Your next class is in this building, right?" I ask her.

She nodded as she began to pack up her stuff. "Yeah."

"Well, I guess I'll see you later then," I smile at her.

She returned the smile and nodded. "Yeah. See you."

I lean down and place a light kiss on her cheek. Eun Mi grinned and then reached up to give my lips a quick peck. "I love you, oppa~" she says in a merry voice before leaving me behind in the small room.

My cheeks were heating up. I gripped at the front of my shirt, trying to calm down my beating heart. Ah. She makes me go insane. I think to myself with a cheesy grin plastered on my face.
_________________________

So I decided to stop it here~ 
This is just my prep for the next chapter. I will be updating hopefully again tonight, but we'll see, okay?
I hope you guys liked it....

I know it's been two months... But cut me some slack...
I've just been lacking so much creativity lately.. I think I'm gaining it back, though. C:

Ah. Comment? They help motivate me.

SARANGHAEYO~!!!<333