Birthday Party [Part 2]

When Dreams Turn Into Reality

Eun Mi's POV:

I peeked at all the pictures that were hanging upon the room walls. I spotted all the pictures of my appa and his newly wedded wife... I couldn't help but notice that they got married when I was six... So a year after he left my umma and I. Then he had his love child the same year...

I sighed to myself. He left my Umma for this lady... What good is she?

My train of thought was cut short when the door opened and the boys walked in loudly. I turned around and smiled at them. I couldn't show them me being weak at this moment. I had to be the strong manager's assistant. I put a fake smile upon my face and shuffled towards Jiyong-sshi. 

"Is there anything you would like me to help with?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "Um. Not at this moment."

I nodded. "Ne..." I sighed and walked towards the couch in the middle of the room.

"Ricky, L.Joe, and C.A.P, time to get your makeup retouched and put into your outfits." One of the stylists said.

As I sunk into the fluffy couch, I took out my phone. I rubbed my thumb over the screen. A picture of my Umma smiling. I smiled back at it and my eyes welled up.

"Umma... I wish you were here..." I said quietly. I felt hot tears flow down my cheek. "Aish.. Here come the tears again.." I said in a quivering voice. I let the tears fall. I sat there quietly sobbing to myself. That is until someone sat next to me and swung an arm over my shoulders. 

 Changjo's POV:

"Stay strong, yeobo." I said to Eun Mi..

She buried her face into my chest and sobbed louder. 

"Shhhh. It's gonna be okay." I whispered.

Eun Mi sat up and looked at me. I smiled at her and proceeded to wipe away her tears. She closed her eyes and smiled slightly. Eun Mi sighed out a breath and just sat there. I grabbed her hands and interlaced our fingers. 

When Eun Mi opened her eyes, she looked at me. "I need to talk to the man," she said as she wiped her tears away.

"If that's what you want to do, Eun Mi." I replied.

She nodded. "I think that's what I'm gonna do..." Eun Mi got up from the couch and smiled at me. "Wish me luck." 

"Good luck." I put a thumbs up and smiled back.

"Jiyong-sshi!" Eun Mi called across the room.

"Yes, Eun Mi-ah?" Jiyong-sshi responded.

Eun Mi went up to Jiyong-hyung and she told him that she was gonna get us some water...

"Aish." I whispered to myself.

"What?" Chunji said as he came up next to me..

"She's not getting water for us..." I told him.

"What do you mean?" He questioned.

"She's gonna go try to talk to her Appa..." I answered.

"Oh wow..." 

I watched as Eun Mi walked out of the room and closed the door behind her.

Eun Mi's POV:

I walked out of the room and was met by a butler? 

"Oh. May I help you?" The man in the suit asked.

I nodded. "As a matter of fact.. I need to speak to Mr. Lee."

The butler nodded and he walked in front of me. As we walked through a hallway, the butler looked over his shoulder. "You know, you look almost like Mr. Lee," He said.

"Ah. Chincha?" I said in a shocked tone.

"You have the facial shape like his and you have his nose." He added.

"Mmm."

Then we approached a door. "Well this is his office." He opened the door and poked his head into the room. "Teen Top's manager's assistant is here to speak with you, Mr. Lee." I heard him say.

"Oh. Well let her in." I hear a man's voice.

The butler looked at me. "You may go in."

"Thank you." I nodded at him and walked into the room. 

The door closed behind me. My eyes wandered around the office. Behind the desk was my appa. He was reading a book with his glasses on the edge of his nose. Behind him was a large bookshelf.. Upon one of the shelves, sat a picture frame. A picture of me, my umma, and him. 

"Well, it's nice to see you here." Appa said.

I looked stared at my feet. "Can you explain why you left?" Was all I mangaged to say. 

"Excuse me?" Appa took off his glasses and set the book on the table.

"Why did you decide to leave Umma and I." I then looked up at him.

The expression was definitely something I would just love to take a picture of.

"Eun Mi?" He whispered.

I nodded. "Appa... Tell me why you decided to leave Umma." I repeated myself.

He just stared at his desk in fornt of him.

"Tell me now!" I raised my voice, tears stinging at the brim of my eyes.

"Because I couldn't live with the guilt any longer..." He said quietly.

"You left her from this woman!! A woman you met while you were married!! How could you?!" Tears flowed down my cheeks. 

"I had no choice!" He argued back.

"Had no choice?! That's a bunch of crap! You could've decided to leave this woman and stay with my mom!!" My voice shaking now.

"I'm sorry, Eun Mi.." He whispered.

"Sorry doesn't cut it... It's too late now anyways..." I calmed down, while tears still fell from my face.

"Too late? What do you mean by that?" He looked up at me with a worried expression. 

"Umma's gone." I broke the news.

The atmosphere changed quickly. Grief now filled the room. "Gone... As in..." He trailed off, not wanting to say the last word.

"Dead?" I finished his sentence. "Yeah.. She passed away three weeks ago. This weekend is the funeral. She passed away with a serious case of hypothermia and a trace of flu in her system..." I told him. 

"That can't be..." His voice cracked.

I shook my head. "If you didn't leave, she'd probably still be here." I mumbled. My knees wobbled as thoughts of my Umma filled my head. My knees gave out and I collapsed on the floor. I buried my face into my palms and just cried. Cried and sobbed more than any other day before.

"It's because of you!!" I shouted.

Appa was out from behind his desk, hand at his forehead staring at the picture on the bookshelf. 

"So now that your Umma is gone, what are you doing now?" He breaking his silence.

"I live her sister and her family... Imo and Imobu are now my legal guardians..." I told him.

"So I can't take any custody on you now, huh?" He asked.

I scoffed. "No, old man. You cannot." I retorted back.

"Why are you working for Teen Top's manager?" He questioned.

"I need to support myself.. This job happened to be right in front of me, so I just took it." I answered.

"Your Umma... Before she passed, she gave you that necklace?" He pointed at the jewel hanging from my neck.

Without a second thought, I placed my hand over the pendant. "Ne... She gave it to within minutes before she left..." Tears gushing out again. 

When I looked at Appa, the light reflected off something from his cheek. 

"Eun Mi-ah... Is there anything you would like me to do?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Anniyo... I think I can handle myself... I already attend a really good music high school, I have an apartment to live in when I graduate high school, a car, a job, an Imo and Imobu that I know who will take care of me, and now my new friends... I think I got it under control..." I answered.

He nodded. "Wow... How is that possible?" He cocked his head to the side.

"It's all things that Umma bought right after you left." I told him. "When you left, Umma sold the apartment and all the furniture and bought a new one. Then with the car, she sold that and bought a new one... She restarted her life when you left..." I explained.

"Typical. I'm happy she moved on though..." He said.

"She restarted her piano playing when you left too... She decided to start writing again." I smiled at the memory.

"Eun Mi... I'm glad you're here today though... I got to remeet you after almost 10 years... Seeing you... You sure look just like your Umma though..." He sighed.

"Well... I guess since... I got this done and over with... I should get going... I'll see you later out at the party..." I wiped away my tears from my eyes.

When I turned around and reached for the doorknob, the words that left my Appa's mouth surprised me.

"I still love your Umma... Sometimes even more than my current wife..."

--------------------------------------------

OMFG!!! SORRRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel so bad.. 
I'm really sorry... School has been torturing me...
And well I'm only free to write on weekends...
I hope this satisfied you.....

Well I gotta get going..
It's already 11:35 where I'm at...
And I am sleepy!! ; ~ ;

SARANGHAEYO!!!<3

I do not have time to do Comment Replies.. I am really tired already that's why.. Sorry!