Funeral [Part 1]

When Dreams Turn Into Reality

Be prepared for a very long update. It may end up being two parts. XD 
This chapter may revolve around Eun Mi only...
It will be split into two as well.

__________________________________

Eun Mi's POV:

The next morning, I was literally dragging myself to and from my bedroom, just trying to get ready. I slipped on a black dress that my imo bought me and then continued to put my hair into a tight bun. I stepped in front of my mirror and examined myself. I brushed against the front of my dress then went out of my room. I went towards the living room and my new family was already waiting for me.

"All ready to go?" she asks me gently. He eyes were puffy all around... She's been crying for some time.

I slowly nod my head. "Yeah." At that moment I felt empty. I didn't want to see my umma be buried. I wanted her to stay on Earth forever, by my side. As we walked towards the front door, Jae Sook oppa slipped next to me and put a supporting arm around my shoulder.  I felt tears slip from my eyes. I let out quiet sobs as we get into the car. It was quiet as my imobu started the car. I continued to cry on our way to the funeral home.

When we arrived, there was many people waiting around the enterance. My imo had put my umma's death and funeral date in the obituary in the local newspaper, so all these people must be the people my umma has met. We piled out of the car and started walking towards the entrance. The group of people spilt in half, giving us an aisle to walk on. I walked with my head held high, trying to make out any faces that I may know. From face to face, they all had the same expression on their face. Pity and sympathy. I pushed it aside and noticed six familiar faces. I felt myself smile when I saw they were wearing sunglasses. They're trying to hide their real identities.

As we got to the doors, the pasto welcomed us. He placed a hand on my shoulder and looks at me. "Are you doing well?" he asks.

"I'm doing well. Thank you," I say polietly back.

"Your umma would be proud to see you handling yourself well," he smiles.

I nod.

"You'll still be playing your piano piece and giving your speech?" he asks. 

"Yes, sir." I reply.

"And you too Jineun-sshi?" he asks my imo. I catch her nod in the corner of my eye.

"Okay. Then let's go inside," he says. We all step inside the funeral home and I look at the empty vicinity. Then, my eyes graze the casket that was placed front and center. A large portrait of my umma sits beside the casket. I put my hand over my mouth and the waterworks are at it again. I sob and hastily walk the aisle to my umma. When I approach the cherry wood casket, I run my hand over the smooth surface. I look into the deep padded bed. I gaze at my umma's peaceful face.

My vision goes blurry as more tears surface. I take in a shaky breath and sob. My umma look beautiful in the baby pink dress she was in. Her face left . I smiled. That's what she would've wanted. She wouldn't want to go to Heaven with a fixed face. I think to myself. I raise my hand back up to my chin and my bottom lip quivers. "Umma..." I whimer. 

I continue to cry even more. I feel my legs grow weak, but before my knees give out, someone comes beside me and wraps their arm around my waist. "I got you," a soothing voice says into my ear. I turn my head to see Changjo, softly looking at my umma. He lifts up his eyes and they meet mind. He pulls the corner of his mouth into a reassuring smile. Instead of returning with a smile, I pulled myself into his chest and sobbed. I grabbed the sides of his tuxedo and just held on for dear life. Changjo wrapped his arms tightly around me. "Everything's going to be okay, Eun Mi. Your mom is in a better place," he whispers to me.

I nod into his chest. I pull away and wipe my eyes with my bare arm. I fix his jacket and apologize. "You don't have to be sorry. That's why I'm here," he says, trying to cheer me up. "Come on, we should get you situated by the piano. Your imo and her family want to see your imo as well," he adds.

"Okay." I whisper. He grabs my hand and leads me up the steps to the stage. We walk towards the piano and I sit down. Changjo stoops down and kisses my cheek. "I'll be in the back, just look at me when you need reassurance," he says. I nod. "Okay," I sigh. I look down at the piano and take in a breath. "I'll see you later," he says. 

He gives me a squeeze and slips away. The funeral home was buzzing with multiple conversations. I looked around the area and saw barely anyone that I knew. As everyone got situated and sat down, I looked down at the piano and placed my hands on the slick keys. I looked up from the piano and saw where Teen Top was seated. I smiled at the six who's eyes were on me. They smiled back and waved.

The pastor got on stage and cleared his throat and tapped the microphone. He got everyone to say a quick prayer. I was by myself in my own corner praying. I closed my eyes and felt tears slip down my cheeks. When the prayer finished, it got quiet. "If you all will please have a seat. We will start the ceremony with Eunhae's daughter, Eun Mi, play one of her umma's pieces then a piece that Eun Mi wrote herself," he starts.

I stand up and bow from my spot. I sit back down and begin playing one of my umma's songs. The melodic song echoed in the building. It was so quiet that you would be able to hear a pin drop through the song. When I finished playing my umma's song, I transitioned to the song I wrote for my umma. As I was playing, the tears flowed down my cheeks once again. I got through the song with my eyes closed and without a single mistake. When the last night rings throughout the room, everyone breaks out into a round of applause. I stand up with a teary smile and bow.

The pastor comes back up and introduces my imo on the stage. She begins her lengthy speech. She had to stop several times because she got choked up. But there were times where she would just stand there, staring out into the distance, replaying the memories in her head. I sat behind the piano, crying my eyes out. The funeral house suddenly eruted in an quiet laugh as my imo told a funny memory. I smiled to myself and looked back into the crowd and met eyes with Changjo. He smiled with tears gleaming visibly on his face.

My imo ended on a happy note and said her final words. "I will miss you, Eunhae. I promise to take care of your daughter with so much love. I will raise her to be a woman just like you," she says with a hiccup. She turns away from the podium and walks towards me. She places her hand over as she gets closer. She extends her arms out and I reach out and grab her hands. I stand up from my seat and look at her in the eyes. Not only did tears flood her eyes, love did as well. She pulled me into a tight hug and rubs my back as she cries on my shoulder. She pulls away and plants a kiss on my forehead. "I love you, okay? I will be here for you, arraso?"

I nod. "Arraso," I reply with a grin.

To Be Continued.....