Funeral [Part 2]

When Dreams Turn Into Reality

Here is the second part~ I hope you enjoyed the last part. I hope I didn't bore you with the many details I had in there. OTL
_________________________________

Eun Mi's POV:

My imo exited off the stage and I was called up to start up my speech. I cleared my throat when I stood in front of everyone. Every pair of eyes were on me. I took in a breath and looked out into the crowd at Changjo.

"My umma. She's the best woman I have ever known. She showed me that music is the most beautiful thing in the world," I start off. "Not only that, but she's very strong. She went through the typical love story, but it all came tumbling down when the latter had left her. She dealt with a divorce, but still decided to carry on with her life. She felt like she needed to give me the best life to live. My umma restarted her life, by getting rid of everything that reminded her of her past..." I stop. "She started anew. When her happiness was sufficed, we lived a life together, that every other mother and daughter envied. We were each other's best friend. She helped me with school, she wiped my tears away when I fell down, picked me back up, she did everything for me," I breathe in.

"Losing her never crossed my mind. She was the reson why I got into the arts high school. She pushed me to do my best. I returned the favor of doing my best for her. It all paid off. I'm well of into my future. I'm progressing in my piano playing. I'm starting to sing more. I can see my future planned out. It's all because my umma pushed me do all this," I say.

"I remember the day my appa left, like it happened yesterday. My mom broke down. She couldn't believe that her husband had left her. The bad thing about it all was that she had no idea why he did. To this day, she still doesn't.. But I do..." I whisper. "I've always had mixed feelings for my appa. I was never so sure whether I should hate him for hurting my umma in the worse possible way, or if I should love him, accept him." I clear my throat. 

"I was the one who comforted her. Told her it was all going to be okay," my voice breaks. "I told her that me and her would get through this together not matter what... I remember she smiled at me and nodded. She kissed my cheek and grabbed my hand. We left to get some ice cream and played at the park. Even though I knew deep down, that it was all a facade to keep me from worrying about her." I smile to myself. 

I look back out into the crowd. My eyes widen when a familiar person walks through the doors. Everyone was turned looking at the man, trying to slip into the funeral home as quietly as possible. A sob erupts in my chest and escapes my mouth. I press on with my speech. "There would be times when my umma would go into a state of saddness. She would sit on the couch, quietly crying to herself. She would have her wedding picture in her hands, tears falling onto the picture. There would be times where I just left her to cry it out or I would pull the picture out of her hands and tell her to just move on," I cry some more. "I probably would never be able to forgive the man who left my umma in this state. But maybe him leaving was the best thing for my umma. She became a strong woman. She's an example of a woman who doesn't need a man to make her life happy," I say.

I look in the direction where the late man was standing. I locked eyes with him. "I'm glad he left. Or I wouldn't have been so close with my umma. I always wandered. 'what would life be if appa really stayed'? I always try to think of something, but nothing ever comes to me. If he stayed, my life probably wouldn't be where it is now... But also, my umma could have been alive still," I stop and break my gaze with the man, my appa.

I looked down at the podium. "I love you, umma. I miss so much. I hope you're watching over me, watching me succeed. This is all for you," I smile smally. 

I step aside from the podium and bow. I walk off the stage and I make my way to my imo and her family. I immediately throw myself into the arms of my imo and sob into her shoulder. Hands were rubbing at my back and I shivered from another sob. "I miss her so much," I mutter into my imo's shoulder.

"I know, honey. She misses you too," she whispers to me.

As I continued to cry, there was tap on the mic. It made a high pitched sound and I pulled away from my imo's shoulder, wanting to see who was up on the podium next. I my eye widen in shock. My appa was up on the stage. He was staring off into no where. 

"I would like to say a few words," he says into the mic.

Everyone is silent and still. He clears his throat. "Eunhae was the most elegant woman I have ever laid eyes. When I saw her playing the piano at my uncle's wedding, I thought she was a beautiful lady. The way she would close her eyes when she played a song. I fell in love with her piano playing, but also with her. The first few months we were dating, I felt like we were floating on a cloud together. Just me and her. No one else could have come between us... When I asked her to be my wife, I was happy when she said yes. Then when we had our first child, I couldn't help but jump up for joy," he pauses.

"When Eun Mi was born, that was when everything started. We started arguing because she kept coming at me for not making enough money. Her playing piano at parties were at a stand still with Eun Mi just born. We had enough money to keep the family supported for at least two months...but the money all went away when we started buying things for Eun Mi. Baby food and pampers were a money grabber," he chuckles. "But with all the stress built up on me, I had ended up making a mistake. I regret it now... But I think now, I'm a better man than I was," he looks at me. "I won't make the mistake letting go on what is already in my grasp. For once it's gone, I'm going to be wanting it back. But it's too late now," he looks away from me.

"I regret not seeing Eun Mi growing up to be the most loveliest, talented, and strong girl she is now. But being able to see her now, makes up for it. I see her mother every time I lay my eyes upon her. But even my first daughter is out of my grasp now..." he sighs.

"Eunhae, I'm sorry for what I have done. I hope you can forgive me. I will try to be here more for our daughter. I won't let her go," he finishes and gets off the stage.

Tears filled my eyes again. When appa came walking by, I stood up and stopped him in his tracks. I threw my arms around him and cried into his chest. I was angry, yet sad at the same time. I sobbed while hitting upon his chest. I hated for what he had done to me and my umma. He broke me in a way, that no one else knows. It's because of him I can't trust any guy in my life. But there's only one in this world who has walked past my gates and has me opened out to him. Choi Jonghyun.

My appa let me hit him a few more times. I calmed down and just hugged him. I never knew how much I missed a father figure. Being able to be in his arms made me feel safe. But he wasn't really my appa anymore... He was some other little girl's appa. I pulled away from him and looked down at my feet.

"I'm sorry, Eun Mi," he whispers.

I look to the side, biting my lip, trying to keep tears from falling again. 

He strides past me and I fall onto my knees. Putting my hands up to my face as I cry once more....
_________________________________

Wow. I finally finished and posted the second part. 
I'm proud of myself.
I hope I didn't leave you guys hanging too long... But it's be nearly two months... So I guess it has been a long time.
Sorry, my lovelies~ Forgive me, okay?

Well, I am actually going to get started on the next chapter. 
I just updated my Infinite fanfic, so I'm on a roll on updating today. :D
Hopefully I will have another chapter written for this and my Infinite fic by tonight~

Wah. Hope you enjoyed it and aren't crying~
OH! And I've decided I am just going to jump to Crazy promotions, okay? 
I hope you guys don't mind~

SARANGHAEYO~!!!!!<333