Mom gone?

B2ST Café

I arrived home sooo excitedly. I barge in to the house. “Mom I’m home!” I hollered. I waited for a response but nothing. I check the kitchen and other rooms but no mom in sight then I saw a note on a table.

I picked it up and read. Work has called me to go over seas. I left some money on the counter for you. There should be food left from yesterday. Be good. –MOM

What the? I drop the note and ran into my mom’s room. I open all her draws to find her belongings gone except a photo.

A tear slid down my cheek as I admired it a picture of mom, dad and me smiling. “I miss you dad.” I brush my fingers over his figure. He was always smiling that mom said it rubbed off to me.

I laughed sadly. It’s true I guess I am smiley. My dad got into a horrible car accident losing his life 10 years ago. A tragedy that made a big impact into my mom and I lives.

My mom well she changed that day. She kept to herself a lot meaning she locks herself in the room and cries for my dad. I stood there outside her door didn’t know what to do but to only listen to her cries.

I try to comfort her but she wouldn’t let me. There are days when she lost control of herself and hurt me, saying it was her fault and mine. To this day she’s still the same she found a job.

She wouldn’t tell me about it though. I’m lucky to have food in front of me she only said. I know though that she leaves when I come from school and comes back early morning.

I wonder why she has to go overseas for her job leaving her own daughter alone. Alone. I am old enough 18 yippie! But that doesn’t mean she has to leave me.

I went to my room and just drop on my bed. I dug my head in my pillow and sighed. What am I going to do?