Aliens on the Loose

Protect Us

He asked me what I wanted to do. This alien gave me a choice: stay or leave. Honestly, I was already shaking. I didn't know what the aliens had in store for me but I knew when an alien gives you a choice, you have to choose the safest option. "I choose to...stay and listen." If aliens give you a choice to leave, it basically means, you're digging up your own grave. Life is too short.

"Good. First of all, you can call me, Doctor," he said.

"Nice to meet you...Doctor," I awkwardly greeted.

He nodded. "Yes. So, you must've been really surprised at this sudden landing, right? Well, you don't need to worry, we won't hurt you." I let out a breath of relief. "If you follow my orders." The breath got stuck in my throat. "These aliens are units of mine that I have created recently. I sent them to Earth because that was the only way I could protect them."

"Protect them?" I questioned.

"Yes. On my planet, there are scientists and people like me, who want to get their hands on my units. Recently, a group called Warriors found about my units and tried to steal them but I safely sent them to your planet before they got a hold of them."

"...but doesn't that mean I'm going to be the one in danger?" I asked him with a small voice. I already regretted my decision. Maybe the other option wouldn't get me killed.

"No, no, no," he assured. "Warriors are strongly against violence but others have no problem with it. Don't worry, other scientists haven't heard about my units and I'm sure the Warriors won't tell anyone." I nodded, kind of relieved. I asked him what I was supposed to do. Am I going to be the one who's going to protect them and fend off those Warriors? That sounds impossible to me. They're aliens, for crying out loud! How am I going to fight those Warriors when they decide to invade Earth?

"Keep them in a safe place before the Warriors surrender," he answered me. I mentally sighed in relief. At least I didn't have to use my fists. "How long might that be?" I asked. I didn't want to stay with them for too long. I took a glance at the aliens and shuddered a bit. Yup. I did not want them to stay more than they have to.

"Probably several years. Maybe if they're that desperate, 10 years."

"TEN YEARS?!" I choked. The aliens ignored the fact that I was choking on my saliva. Was I really going to spend 10 years with these emotionless freaks?! I just hoped they couldn't read minds. They would've ripped my head off if they knew what I was thinking about them. My thoughts weren't very friendly.

"Yes. Can you handle that?" he questioned. I looked around at the faces of the emotionless aliens again. I honestly didn't know what to say. I just wanted to live through my university life, not get tortured for ten years. But then again, if I didn't accept it he would put some spell on me to lose my memories. What he meant was, he was going to chop my head off and I liked to have my head intact with my body. "...I guess," I finally answered. 

"Good." He clapped once. "I should introduce you to my units." He started. "Unit 253, human name, Yongguk Bang. Unit 254, human name, Himchan Kim. Unit 255, human name, Daehyun Jung. Unit 256, human name, Youngjae Yoo. Unit 257, human name, Jongup Moon. Unit 258, human name, Zelo Choi." I nodded while he was going through introductions even though I had no idea which alien he was refering to. "They're robots so you need to recharge them every night, just like when you're sleeping. They're also newborns, so you need to adjust them."

"Wait, they're robots?" I stuttered and he nodded. I thought they were created by human brains and organs. Well, that disturbing thought was one thing I got out of the way. Before I could ask Doctor how to recharge these robots, he spoke. "Unit 253, turn around." He was the purple haired one and the one with the scary deep voice. The robot turned around with his back facing me. "On the back of his neck, there's a small button. When you press it, he'll recharge automatically. Just like humans, they need their minimum 6 hours of recharge."

I nodded, and lifted up the short hair that covered his neck. I shuddered at how real his hair felt although it looked pretty damaged to get that purple color. The button was only the size of the tip of my pinkie. It was also skin coloured so it camouflaged with his skin. "How do I adjust them?" I asked, not really understanding what that meant.

"That's easy. Just hold that same button for ten seconds and then you can give them any personality you want but you can only adjust them once, so be careful. Unit 253 is already adjusted since he was a test unit so you can't adjust his personality anymore. For the others, they're basically emotionless." It sounded easier than I thought. At least I feel more comfortable knowing I wouldn't live with emotionless robots for ten years. "Any questions before I leave?" he asked.

I nodded and looked around. "Uh...yeah. How are you going to hide the spaceship? I know you landed in the middle of nowhere...but someone will eventually find it."

"Ahh, that's simple. The spaceship is going to transport back here, and this spaceship that you're in, will turn back into a cube." He said it like it was nothing. "I see..." I slowly tried to take everything in. He laughed. It wasn't a nice laugh. It was more wicked, like a mad scientist laugh. "Don't worry about it. All you need to do it take care of my units. Nothing to worry about! If you have any more questions, ask Unit 256. He has more information than the other 5. Well, it was nice to meet you, Hye Mi. I'll see you later." Then, the screen turned black.

"...bye," I whispered to the black screen.

Without a word, one by one, the robot-aliens walked out of the spaceship and I followed. The robot with the blonde half mohawk, pressed a button on the spaceship and it transformed back into a small cube, the same size as a Rubix cube. Suddenly, there was a light shining behind me. The spaceship that they landed in, began to disappear like sand being blown away. The area looked as if nothing happened. As soon as it disappeared all heads turned to me.

"W-what?" I asked defensively.

"We await your orders," the one with the mohawk said.

"Orders...? Oh right. Uhh...just follow me." I turned around and started to walk home but I suddenly stopped. I realized that I couldn't take them home with me or my parents would snap. Why did I agree to all this again? I grabbed my hair in frustration and stomped around.

"Is there something wrong?" Yongguk's voice roared. I jumped by surprise. "Uhh...nothing. Sorry, just follow me." I walked down the road to my house with the 6 robots trailing me. While we were walking down, no one said a word. Yongguk walked up beside me, which caught me by surprise. "Oh my God! Don't scare me like that!" I shouted, but then I realized that I just screamed at an alien that could rip my head off. "Not that you're scary or anything..." I quickly tried to cover it up.

"I have a question." He totally ignored what I just said earlier. "Why are you so tense?" he asked.

"Tense?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"I am already programed with emotions so I want to know why you're acting like that. I don't get it."

A laugh almost expcaped my lips. I thought he was being worried, but he was just wanted to know more about emotions. A human-looking alien who wanted to what emotions are? I thought it was pretty cute. "Oh, well I'm acting like this because I don't know where to keep you," I told him truthfully.

"You keep us with you, of course." He said like it was the most obvious thing in the universe.

I sighed, "My parents are going to freak when I bring home 6 aliens who look like humans and 6 aliens who don't have emotions. In other words, I'm bringing home 6 psychos in my parent's house!" I ended up screaming, but it was a good thing we weren't completely off the hills yet.

He suddenly stopped walking. "...psychos?" I slapped my hands over my mouth. I turned around to face him. "No, no, I'm not calling you guys psychos. I'm just expressing how other people might look at you." I frantically waved my hands, signalling that he had the wrong idea.

He bitterly smirked. "I don't think that was what you meant. You accepted Doctor's request but you didn't think of the consequences. You thought it would be 'cool' to have 6 aliens in your care, wasn't it? You call us psychos, but you're the real one here." I gulped at how scary he sounded. Never once have I met a person - alien robot - like him. "Let's go guys." He suddenly jumped in the air and the others also jumped after him.

"Wait!" I called out, but it was too late. They already disappeared in the night sky.

I arrived home but I didn't have the appetite to eat dinner, so I excused myself. All night, I was packing to move to out. I tried not to think of the aliens, but it was really hard. How could I not think about them when I saw their spaceship land on Earth and when they’re on the loose?  They're on the loose! They might have called some alien friends with them to destroy the planet! I thrashed in my bed and hit my pillow multiple times. That's what I get for being truthful to an alien. Hopefully, they won't do what I just imagined.