Human Anatomy

Protect Us

As weeks went by, the aliens became more and more human-like. Doctor told them not to get closer to me but it was impossible for them. It was impossible for me, also. I kept telling myself, "they're just robots. Robots don't have feelings. Ignore them. Let them be independent." Those were the words I kept telling myself, but they were just empty words. I couldn't bring myself to believe those words.

They tried ignoring me for a week, but that was impossible. They weren't the type of aliens to ignore me no matter how hard they tried. In the end, they couldn't do it and started to develop human organs but I would still have to recharge them. They didn't have the strength to fly any more so we'd always have to take the bus and subways. They were also starting to get hungry and thirsty. Their first food on earth was my kimbap and they loved it. They also had no problem digesting it but it was the releasing that was a problem.

Zelo ran into my room where Daehyun and I were working while holding onto his tummy. "Noona, Noona! I feel like something is going to pop inside me!"

"What?" I put my paintbrush down. "What’s wrong?

"I don't know! I feel like something's going to pop!"

"Yah, calm down." Truthfully inside, I was panicking too. "Is it your circuits? Did you not develop organs yet?"

He shook his head quickly. "It’s not my circuits. I think it's one of the organs I grew. It hurts Noona!"

I ran over to him, "Where does it hurt?" He pointed just below his stomach. "Down there? That's your bladder."

"AND IT'S GOING TO POP!" he cried.

"Just go the toilet!"

"I don't know what that is!"

I grabbed his arm and pulled him to the washroom. Daehyun followed in amusement. "There" I pointed at the white toilet.

"You lift this thing up when you go pee and you put it down when you go poo." I explained.

"How do you pee and poo?" he asked cluelessly.

"What do you mean how so you pee and poo?!"

"This is my first time!" he defended.

"Ugh! You pull you pants down and you pee in there." I pointed in the bowl.

"What do you pee with?"

I blushed immediately. I didn’t expect him to ask that. "...you'll find out when you pull your pants down."

Zelo thought for a bit. "Ah you mean that stick-"

"Yeah, yeah that." I waved my hand to at the embarrassing answer. "Just shoot it in the bowl." I walked out and close the door, blushing madly.

Daehyun snickered beside me. "What?" I sneered.

"Was it fun teaching him about the human body?"

"No!"

"Well then, can you teach me how to 'poo'? I think I can teach the others better if you tell me.” He leaned closer to my face.

Embarrassed, I pushed away his rock hard chest and stormed back into my room.  "Stupid aliens, they contain every other information about everything else but human anatomy." I felt my hot cheeks. "Stupid Daehyun and Zelo, why did they have to bring up an embarrassing topic? I should make them sign out books about it..."

--- 

"Mimi, where are we going?" Himchan asked, with the aliens tailing behind us.

“To the library." I answered.

"Why? Do you need something?"

"We’re going so you guys can sign out books about human anatomy. You guys have no information about the human body so we might as well read about it."

The aliens were in awe at how many books there were in the library. It was their first time, after all.  I led them to the human biology section and they started to search for books while I helped them. "You have to be quiet here. It's a library and it's part of the rules." I explained.

The aliens agreed and silently roamed the section. "Eun mi, can I read this?" Jongup asked.

I looked at the book and my eyes bugged out at the male and female on the cover. I snatched it away from him. "Promise me you'll never get wrong ideas when you read this book. These are strictly for information. You are not allowed to think about anatomy outside this book. Once you read it, it'll be in your brain and never in your eyes, okay?”

Jongup blinked and the nodded. "You can read it, but promise me you won't think stupid thoughts after. Pass it on to the others.” He obediently took the book and left to tell others.

They all came back with one or two books in hand while I had a couple alien books myself.

"So did anyone find anything interesting? Yongguk smirked and said, “I did. I learned that when a male and female get physical-"

"Yah!" "Shhh!" other people shushed me and I bowed in apology.

"I told you to pass it on!” I harshly whispered to Jongup.

“I did! Yongguk didn't listen to me...”

“This is going to be fun.” Yongguk smirked.

We went up to the front table and the lady looked at the bunch of books and then at us, like we were crazy. "School project." I explained She suspiciously nodded and signed out the books.

It was not long after we headed home, the aliens started to ask me questions about the human anatomy.

"What's this?" Zelo pointed at the picture.

"Liver." I said, not losing concentration from my painting assignment.

“What does it do?”

“It produce a substance called, bile.”

“What is bile for?”

“To digest food.”

“What do you digest food with?”

“Your stomach.”

“What does that look like?”

I looked up at the pink-haired alien who had his head stuck in his book. “Zelo, I'm not going to answer every one of your questions. That’s what the book is for!”

“I was just asking...” He pouted and left my room.

Not after someone knocked on my door. “Zelo I'm not-" I turned around.

"I didn't know I was Zelo." He raised his eyebrow.

"Oh, Daehyun."

“Yeah, that's me." he walked in and lied on my bed with his head on his hands, looking towards the ceiling. "You know, you should get us beds or at least mattresses. It's really uncomfortable lying on the ground."

"Then do you want to stand up? You don't have to lie down with the other aliens." I joked.

"I'll lie down with them." he said a bit too quickly. He cleared his throat, “It'll be weird if I stand over them while they sleep. I’ll feel like a creep.”

I quietly giggled, “I see. Are you done your books?”

“Oh right, about that. I have a question.”

“Shoot.”

“How are babies made?” He smirked.

“Yah!”