First Sign

Protect Us

Weeks went by and it was getting chilly as the days grew shorter. In class, Daehyun would keep staring at Jiho and me while Jiho stared back. He still doesn't know why Daehyun keeps staring at me so he even went up to ask. But of course, Daehyun was always quiet. He was popular with the girls but he never says anything or even look their way when they try to talk to him.

I don't know how it's like for the others in their classes, but during lunch, girls always crowd around them asking for their numbers, names, and pretty much flirt with them.

Being the sweet talker Himchan is, he doesn't ignore the girls, but instead he kindly rejects them. Yongguk and Daehyun didn’t even give a damn about the girls. Sometimes, Yongguk would even curse at them for being so annoying. Youngjae sometimes talk to them, but just a simple hi or bye while the two youngest cower away from the crowd.

I felt really bad for them, well except for Himchan and Youngjae since they're the nicest of the bunch. Yongguk and Daehyun looked really annoyed while the younger two looked really scared from all the attention.

They all agreed that I shouldn’t be with them at lunch break because they were afraid that I'd get my head ripped off by the girls. I wanted to do something but I couldn't because I didn't have the guts to sweep them all away. Plus if I did, Jiho would question me, and being the stupid aliens some of them are, they'll just blurt out the whole truth.There was one day when I couldn't handle it anymore. 

One afternoon on campus fields, the aliens were surrounded as usual and I was around them as usual to make sure they don't do anything reckless. Of course Jiho was always with me and he always complained why we didn't go our regular spot anymore. My answer would always be the same, "Let's sit here instead."

He noticed that I was always sitting near the new boys and kept bothering me about it. "Oppa, it's complicated. If you don't want to sit with me then you can go but I have to sit here." Then he'd mumble something about having no friends.

The aliens were walking towards their usual spot with Jiho and I trailing behind them. Far, far behind them because of the amount of girls circling around them.

"Oppa, I've noticed that you don't eat lunch. I made one myself," I heard a girl say.

"Thanks, I'll eat it at home when I'm hungry." Himchan kindly accepted it. I scowled at the girl. I already have food from other girls at home, I don't want to eat your food! Although, I do admit all the dishes were really good.

"Daehyun oppa, I noticed that your shirt is really dirty. Let's throw that one away and use the one I have for you!" The girl showed him a bag from an expensive clothing brand. Daehyun glared at her and looked away without saying a word.

"Yongguk oppa, why is your hair black and purple? Can I touch it?" A girl reach up for his hair but he whacked it away and the girl let out a squeal. "I don't let just anyone touch my hair, especially disgusting girls like you."

"Zelo oppa, what's your real name? We know it's not Zelo. What kind of name is Zelo?" a girl questioned.

"That is my name." He stepped back toward his hyungs.

"You're cute Zelo!" The girl poked his rock hard chest. "Oh my, your chest is so hard, have you been working out?" He shook his head no. "Can I feel it? I like guys who work out, even if they have pink hair and a funny name." She stepped closer to him.

He frantically shook his head. "Don't come near me..." The girl didn't listen and walked even closer. "Yongguk! Himchan!" he cried but the others had problems of their own.

"Oh Zelo, don't be shy. I'm not going to hurt you," she purred. This time Zelo had nowhere to go and she laid her hand in his chest and down to his abs. "Oh, they're so firm!" The girls around her heard this and they started to all crowd around him and touch his abs.

He was scared to death. "Don't touch me! Please, don’t touch me! Yongguk, help! Noona! Noona!"

"YAAAHHHHHH!!!" I screamed. That got the crowd's attention. I left Jiho and pushed myself towards Zelo. I stood in front of him, with my back facing the girls. "Noona!" His face lit up. "Are you okay? You're not hurt anywhere right?" I inspected his face, hands and body.

He shook his head and smiled, "I'm glad you heard me, Noona."

I smiled at his innocence, "My Zelo was scared wasn't he?" I playfully pinched his cheeks. He pouted and nodded.

"Yah," the same girl who touched Zelo called out. "Who are you?" I blew my non existant bangs in annoyance and turned around. She wore a short skirt, high heels and had a caked up face. She looked at me from head to toe. "Ahh, art major?"

My eyes scanned her like she did to me and by the way her face twitched, she didn't like it at all. "Ahh, you're not from here are you? Are you here on campus to make yourself look smarter?"

"Why, you!" She took a step toward and our faces were just inches away from each other.

"What? Am I not right? I believe girls on this campus are smart, that's why they're in university. What about you? You randomly come up to him and touch him when he obviously doesn't want you to? What were you trying to do, molest him?"

"I was obviously trying to feel his abs. Is that so wrong?"

I scoffed and whispered to myself, "She's definitely not from this campus." I looked back at her and said, "He felt violated. Don't you understand that? If you wanted to feel some abs, go build some. You can touch yourself all you want." I looked at the girls behind her. "Same to to all you sickos. Get your own abs." I held Zelo's hand. "Let's go.” I asked going to drag him out of the crowd until the girl called me to wait. I turned around and came in contact with her hand. Everyone gasped and Zelo's grasp tightened around my hand.

"How dare you call me stupid?! For your information, I'm majoring in fashion. I got first place in my entrance exam. We weren't violating him at all, we were simply just feeling his abs but then he made a big deal out of it. There's a difference.” Some girls mumbled in agreement.

I chuckled. "What's so funny?" she demanded.

"Pathetic." I looked up straight at her. "Touching someone against their will isn't called violating? What is it called?"

"It's called...being a big baby!"

"Ahh, haha," I sarcastically laughed. "Big baby? I believe babies laugh when you tickle their stomach and I believe they have nothing to say since they don't know how to talk. I don't think you're comparing a baby to Zelo are you? He's the tallest out of all of us here, he has a voice and he isn't ticklish. Got something else to say?"

She fumed in anger and was about to leave another hand mark on my face but she was suddenly stopped by Zelo. "Don't you dare hurt her, again," he growled.

"Oppa! Who is she?" she demanded an answer.

"She's Noona, so if you touch her again I'll," he twisted her wrist lightly and she screamed, "break off your arm."

He let her go and dragged me out of the crowd. His long legs made me hard to walk beside him so I was lightly jogging, catching up to his pace. I thought he'd eventually stop but we kept on going and going. "Zelo stop, I'm tired!" He slowed down and stopped. He was breathing really heavy, heavier than me. I touched his shoulder, "Hey what's wrong?" That's when I noticed he was crying. His shoulder was jumping up and down.

"A-are you crying?" Before I could take a look at his face, he turned around and pulled me into his arms.

"Noona, I'm sorry," he sniffled. "I'm such a wimp, I couldn’t stand up for myself and you got hurt because of me."

I softened and rubbed his back. "It's okay, it didn't hurt that much. She was afraid her nails would get broken so she didn't hit that hard." I tried to make the situation lighter but it didn't seem to work. The atmosphere still felt heavy. He let go and looked at my face. He grazed his fingers over my cheek. "You have a cut..." he whispered.

"...you're crying." I wiped a tear off his smooth face. He felt his face and saw his wet fingers. "Tears? Why do I have tears? I don't have tear ducts..."

"But you were just crying and sniffling."

"I wasn't crying I was simply...sniffing your hair," he nodded, trying to play off his embarassing actions.

I decided to play along and chuckled, "Sure Zelo. Of course you were. Let's go back, everyone's probably worried about you." I turned around and walked ahead. "How can I have tears...?" Zelo mumbled.

Stopping, I held out my hand. "Zelo, let's go back." His eyes glistened at the sight of my hand, so he ran up to me and grabbed it. We happily swung our hands all the way back to the campus, not caring about any glares we got from the girls and the weird looks from the boys.