Dominique

Protect Us

The day went by as Jiho and Daehyun sat beside me. Again, Daehyun kept staring at me and Jiho kept being the talkative person he was. Class ended and I had to bus home with the aliens since they wanted to try it out.

"Wow, this is the bus?" Zelo looked around, amazed.

"Seven people please." I said to the driver. I looked back at the aliens, "It looks like there are not enough seats, so we have to stand up. Just hold into something."

We went towards the back and I held onto the railing at the top while the others didn't bother doing so. Before I could warn them, the bus suddenly moved. I stepped back from the movement, but the aliens had their feet planted on the ground.

Of course, they're aliens. I totally forgot. On the bus, there were a couple of high school girls who were gossiping about the aliens right beside me.

"Hey, you see that pink hair guy? He's so cute!"

"So is the one with the black hair! He's so hot!"

"All six of them are."

"Do you think they're idols?"

"Probably, but I haven't heard of them before..."

I shook my head at their conversation. They're not as great as you think they are... I looked at the aliens and noticed that one of the girls was going to talk to Jongup.

"Excuse me, are you guys idols?"

"Idols? Ah you mean those singers." She eagerly nodded. "Nope I'm just an alien." I let out a small chortle. Yongguk elbowed him. "He means, no we’re not. Were just normal humans who eat, sleep and go to the washroom."

I face palmed. The leader was worse than Jongup. The bus stopped and more people got in than out. The bus was packed and the bus driver didn't seem to care. Suddenly, there was a figure squished up right behind me. I didn't want to turn around and see who because there was no space to. More people were coming on the bus and the man behind me was pressed up more against my back.

I turned my head around. "E-excuse me, can you move back a bit?" I whispered.

"There's no more room," the gruff voice said. Instead of moving back, he moved closer to me. I squealed at the contact but covered my mouth shut. At that moment, I wished I flew with the aliens instead. The pressure on my back was suddenly gone and some people started to scream or complain. I turned around and saw Yongguk.

"Y-you..." I looked behind him and all the people who were standing up were either on someone or on the ground.

"You pushed them all down?" I loudly whispered to him.

"I just pushed the man down. I guess it was a domino effect," he shrugged.

I shook my head and smiled. Silly Yongguk. "Thanks."

He smirked. "No problem."

The bus finally reached our stop and we got off in perfect condition. I pressed in the door code and the first thing we did was sit on the couch and complain about our day.

"The girls in my class were so annoying!"

"My body aches!"

"My hard drive is filled."

"I think I'm going to shut down."

I laughed at their complaints. "Now you see the pain I'm going through." I stood up from the tight couch. "We all should go do our work. Come on, Daehyun. Let's go do our assignment before I go to work.

"Wait." Yongguk said. "Sit down."

"But I need to-"

"Sit!" I obediently sat down, not having a clue why the others stood up instead.

"We have an announcement for you!" Himchan cheered. "Hmm, how should we break this to you?"

"You got fired from your job," Daehyun said without a warning.

I panicked. "W-what? I'm fired? How'd that happen? How am I going to survive now? I have to find another job? What the heck!"

"Calm down." Yongguk held out both his hands. "You didn't technically get fired. You quit."

"I didn't quit..."

"I made you quit." Jongup spoke up. He changed his voice to what exactly sounded like mines. "Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I want to quit. I have family problems and university has been a pain. I don't think I can keep up with work. Please understand." He changed back to his normal voice, "That's what I told your manager."

I shuddered at how he sounded just like me. I stared at him, trying to take everything in. "Wait, so you called my manager and told her that I quit with your voice changing thing?" They all nodded. "WHAT THE HECK?!" I stood up and everybody flinched. "I worked so hard to earn money and you make me quit?!"

"Calm down!" Youngjae said. "You said to find a place where we could all work together. So we did."

"You did...?"

"Yup! So don't worry. Go change because we have to leave in 10 minutes."

"And this time, we're flying." Yongguk added.

Zelo pushed me upstairs into my room so I could change. I was really surprised at how the aliens took my words seriously. I snapped out of my thoughts and changed into a new piece of clothing. I walked down and the aliens were already at the door, waiting for me. "Come on Noona." he held out his hand which I hesitantly took.

Yongguk closed the door behind him and he knelt down. "Get on. This time, don't be so surprised."

I climbed on his back and without warning he jumped into the sky. I couldn't help but let out a quick scream. We landed in an alleyway and Yongguk carefully helped me stand back up.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"You'll see." Yongguk held my hand since he knew my legs were still wobbly and led us out of the alleyway. We walked for a couple minutes and I figured out that we were working at a fancy restaurant since that's what all the aliens were looking at.

Yongguk opened the door and led the way.

Inside, there were fancy tables and chairs with very elegant looking decorations on the walls. I guessed it was a new restaurant since everything looked new and untouched. There were already some customers in there and we attracted their attention.

"Whoa, look at those hotties." I heard one say.

"Who's that girl with them? She doesn’t fit the dress code..."

I heard one of the customers say and I suddenly felt really subconscious. I pulled my hand away from Yongguk and hid behind his built body.

A waiter came up to us, "How many people?"

"We're the new employees," said Himchan.

"Ahh, okay. Follow me please." He led us to the back of the restaurant into an office. "Hyung, the new employees are here." He let us in to his little office. "Welcome to Dominique." the boss greeted. "I'm glad I was able to hire you boys. And girl." he pointed out. "I'll tour you around the place and tell you what you have to do. So if you can just follow me." He lead us out of his office and into the kitchen. 

We, our job as waiters, are supposed to know how to write down the orders of customers and remember the names of the fancy food so we don't get mixed up. We also had to memorize the table numbers since there were no numbers on the tables for us to see. We were also required to wash dishes and throw out the garbage since there would be enough waiters out there.

We went to our separate change room and changed into our appropriate uniform. I wore a white dress shirt with a red tie and a black vest over it. I also wore a tight skirt, down to the knees. Even though the skirt wasn't revealing, I still felt uncomfortable. It was my first time wearing a skirt in a long time and I felt .

I walked out the change room with my black heels and headed to the office to see 6 handsome boys. The aliens were wearing the same thing as me except they wore pants and shoes.

Himchan was the first to notice me. "Mimi! You look so hot!"

All the aliens turned around and I blushed in embarrassment. I've never had that compliment before. "You too...you all look really handsome."

They all smiled in thanks, except for Yongguk and Daehyun of course.

A waiter came out to show us what to do around the place. Since it was our first day, we weren't required to memorize anything. They set out numbers on the tables so we would know which plate goes where, but they said they would remove the numbers later. I was the person in the front who would seat customers while the aliens were the ones who would take orders.

Since today wasn't a busy day, there weren't a lot of customers. But the female customers in there were really enjoying their meal. They had 6 handsome waiters around the restaurant.

Most of the female customers were gossiping about them, or they'd be bold enough to actually flirt with them. I scoffed in amusement.

“How may I take your order?” Himchan asked.

“Hmmm…are you on it?” she flirted

He chuckled, “Sorry, miss. I’m not on it. Now what would you like?”

“Then I’d like chicken pasta…and your number.”

He wrote down the order and said, “Right away, but I don’t think we have the number today. Come back next time, and you might be able to get that.” He winked and headed to the back. While he was walking back, he caught me looking and he pretended to barf. I giggled at his misery.

Finally, the day was over. After we changed, our boss came up to us, "You guys did a good job today. I have a feeling this restaurant will be popular with the ladies." he chuckled. "You don't have a shift tomorrow, so take a break. You need it."

"Thank you!" we all bowed.

We headed out the restaurant and into an alley. "How was it?" Jongup asked me.

"It was really boring. No customers came in, but I guess you guys were having fun."

"They were really pretty..." Himchan said honestly. "But they were really annoying. They kept whispering and trying to touch me. They really irk me. I like you better." he slung an arm over me.

I chuckled. "Glad to hear it."

Yongguk bent down to signal me to get on. I got on his back and of course I let out a little scream when he jumped up. While we were in the air, I thought about somewhere we could all go. It was nearing autumn and before it could get any colder, I wanted to bring them somewhere nice and I thought of the perfect place to go.