Husband and Wife

Protect Us

"Yes!" Himchan suddenly yelled. He ran into the living room where Jongup and I were watching TV. Well, we kind of watched TV. We were talking about useless things because there was nothing interesting to watch.

"What is it?" Jongup asked.

"My shift got moved to another day! I'm not working tonight and so is Mimi! That means, I finally get her to myself. Finally!" he exclaimed excitedly. I shook my head with a small scoff. Why would he get so excited over that? He's a weird one, that's for sure. Then, I made eye contact with Jongup who winked with a michevious smile. 

"What do you mean?" he asked. "Eun Mi is working today. Don't you remember? I switched shifts with her. She said she had a big test the day after, so we switched this week. I guess you'll be staying home with me today."

Himchan's face was priceless! He looked like he just got his winning lottery ticket snatched away. "You're serious?" Jongup nodded. "Why didn't you tell me before?! I wouldn've declined the change! I need to call back. I need my regular shift back. I don't want to be home with you! It's Mimi I want!"

"Ouch." Jongup pretended to rub a sore spot on his chest. "That hurt." I laughed and hit Jongup on his arm. It was a mean joke he played. He made Himchan all panicky. I got up and stopped him from redialing the manager's number. "He's just kidding, Himchan. I don't have work today and neither does Daehyun."

He stopped and looked at me before he turned to the one who made him go crazy. Jongup jumped off the couch and ran out of the living room. "Come back here! I'll show you not to mess with me!" He chased after him. All I could do was laugh and yell, "Don't break anything!"

"Why are you all so noisy?" Daehyun asked as he came down the stairs and sat down beside me. I pointed at the two running around the house. "Himchan is taking out his anger on Jongup because he lied about his shift. He got Himchan all worked up, thinking he had to stay home with him."

"Wait, Himchan is staying home today?" I nodded. "Just for today."

"Coming through!" I turned around to see the boys coming my way. Before I could duck away, Daehyun suddenly tugged my arm and I collided onto his hard chest. When I looked up, my eyes were barely an inch away from his lips. Now that I was so close to him, I noticed how thicker his lips actually were. I knew it was thick, but I never knew it was this thcik. They looked really kissable. My eyes widened and my face grew red at my own thoughts.

"You okay?" I looked up and met his eyes. I pushed myself away by placing my hand on his chest. I wished I could feel his heartbeat. I wanted to make sure it wasn't only me who was feeling this way. "Y-you idiots! How dare you you jump over the couch!" I yelled, trying to shake off the nervousness. I was suddenly lifted off Daehyun's body and landed on another lap.

The culprit was no other than Himchan. "Sorry. Don't be mad." He squeezed my wasit tightly and rested his head on my chest. He didn't help my embarrassment. Instead, he made me go even redder!

"While you guys play husband and wife, I'll be in my room. Don't be too loud. Heck, just go play outside." Daehyun got up and went to his room.

"His idea isn't a bad one. Let's play husband and wife, and take it outside!" he winked. I leaned away from him and yelled, "Daehyun, I'm going to kill you!"

In the end, I eventually persuaded Himchan not to play husband and wife outside. Instead, I had a better idea. We decided to clean the house and surprisingly, he agreed. We started by mowing the lawn and cutting off the dead leaves and flowers. We moved inside and cleaned out the kitchen. First, we looked through the fridge to throw out any expired or spoiled food. There wasn't a lot except for the spoiled tomatoes I never ate. Next, we moved on to the cabinets. We cleaned and sorted all of the non-perishable foods in there. Since we couldn't find any expired dates on most of the packages, we decided to keep them. Once we were done with the cabinet, we headed to the living room and cleaned there. We cleaned all the rooms except for the basement and my aunt's room. No one went in any of the two, so there was no point in wasting our energy for it.

Himchan was in one of the alien's rooms while I was in the other. I opened the door and tsked at the mess they made. The've been eating in their room and the garbage was everywhere. Also, they didn't fold their blankets or stack it up. I sighed and shook my head. Next lesson: learn how to clean up after yourself.

I look a step in and almost tripped on something. I looked down and saw a foot peeping out of the blanket. I lifted the other end up and saw a sleeping Daehyun. When he was sleeping, he looked calm unlike his usual expressions when he's awake. I knelt down and fixed the pillow he was sleeping on and fixed the blanket over his body. I even pushed away a stray strand of hair from his eyes. I stared as his closed eyes for a second longer. Then, I trailed down to his nose, mouth and chin.

I didn't even notice that he had opened his eyes and I got the shock of my life when I did! I didn't scream but I gasped loudly and feel down on my bottom. "Why are you staring at me?" he teased with a small smirk.

"I thought you were sleeping..."

He laughed, "Did you forget? I'm a robot. Although I'm slowly turning human, that doesn't mean I can recharge myself."

"Oh yeah..." I felt embarrassed. The whole time I thought he was in a deep sleep when in fact he tricked me! I was going to give him a big scolding when I heard Himchan call my name. I was about to answer but Daehyun suddenly sat up and covered my mouth with his hand. I stared at him with wide eyes.

He pulled me towards him, made me lie down and covered me under his blanket. He pulled me right against his chest. The only thing separating us were my hands that were pressed against his body and mine. "Sh," he said. I had a pretty hard time breathing in there. It was uncomfortable. I didn't know if it was because of the blanket that made me hot or if it was just me. My heart was thumping loudly against my chest. I was glad my hands made a barrier between me and him. I would've been so embarrassed if he found out.

The door creaked open and I almost gasped when he pulled me closer to his chest, as if I wasn't close enough. He also had his legs tangled in between mine. It was definetely hot in there and I tried to keep my breathing as silent as possible. I knew what he was trying to do.

"Yah, Daehyun. Why are pretending to sleep?"

"I'm trying to know how humans sleep. We're going to sleep by ourselves soon." His chest vibrated when he talked.

"Right...having any luck?"

"No. You guys are way too noisy. How am I supposed to sleep when you're making all this racket?"

"Hey, we're trying to make this house clean. And what's up with all these snack bags? Don't tell me you've been eating the entire him." I felt him shrug. "Where's Eun Mi? She said she would clean up in here."

"I don't know," he said. "She came in, fixed my blanket and left."

"That girl. She really thought you were sleeping."

He chuckled. "Yeah, she's really gullible." I frowned and pinched his arm. "Ow!" he yelled and I held in my laugh. I was about to poke my head out, ending this joke but he shifted his body, trapping me even more. This alien was trying to suffocate me!

"What?" Himchan asked.

"Stomach cramps," he replied.

Himchan laughed. "That's what you get for eating three bags of snacks alone. I'm going to go find Mimi. Call me if you see her." I heard the door shut and he left go of me. I pushed the blanket away and yelled in a whisper, "Do youknow  how hot it is in there? I could have suffocated!"

He shrugged. "Not my problem." If it was possible, I frowned even deeper. The nerve of this guy!. "Why did you pull me under the blanket? You could have just pushed me inside the closet."

"There wasn't a lot of time," he answered. "It was the first thing that came to my mind."

I sighed and sat up. I pushed the hair out of my face and felt my cheeks. They were burning hot because of a certain alien. I glared at him but then I got curious. I leaned over and placed both my palms on his cheeks. He was surprisingly hot, too. "Why is your face like that?"

He pushed my hands away and said, "Hey, I was in that blanket, too. Plus, I was holding you. Your body heat made my body hot. Plus, why are you hands so damn cold?" I placed my hands on my face again. He was right, my hands were cold. I shrugged and changed the topic. "Clean up your mess, please. And also, fold the blankets and stack them up." He opened his mouth to say something and I quickly interupted. "Don't say that you used all the blankets when you were pretending to sleep. Don't even."

He shut his mouth and got up to collect the trash while I helped him fold the blankets. I let out the breath that I've been meaning to let out. My heart felt like it was about to explode and my body felt like I've just dunked myself in lava. I've never felt this way before. Daehyun was making my body react strange.