Snowball Fight

Protect Us
It was the last day of the semester before the winter break started. Many people were giving their friends gifts and cards and I was among those many people.
 
"Mimi, I have a present for you!" Jiho cheered. He grabbed my hands and made it all dramatic. "Lee Eun Mi. Promise me you'll use this wisely. If you don't, I'll never rest in peace and come back to haunt you. So I beg you to use this everywhere and always think of me when you do. Can you promise me that? Can you?"
 
The people who were passing by didn't know the situation and  thought he was making a love confession. "Ooooh." "Is she going to say yes?" "This is so exciting!"
 
"Yah, why are you being so dramatic? People are thinking wrong thoughts!" I scowled.
 
"Yah?" he let go and straightened up. "Yah?! How dare you use that word? I'm your oppa and you disrespect me?"
 
"Ouch, relationship problems." "I guess it wasn't a confession," people passing by commented.
 
"Oppa, stop being so bipolar! I'll use whatever you bought me, so stop being over dramatic."
 
"Okay!" he smiled and took out a little Christmas bag. "Open it, I think it'll fit you."
 
Excitedly, I opened the bag and a pair of red gloves appeared. I took it out and looked at the gloves that had my name on it. "Did you make it yourself?
 
He nodded, “I had yarn at home so why not? I wanted to protect your hands from the cold since you're an artist and all. I mean, those are the most precious things you have." He took my hands in his. "These hands are the ones that made me attracted to you." I slapped his arms at his corny joke. "Ouch!"
 
“You're so cheesy.” I made a face, but then smiled and I opened my bag to get out his present but it was nowhere to be seen. I swear I left it at left it in my bag…
 
"Sorry oppa, I think I forgot it at home."
 
"Hm? Then how am I going to receive your lovely present? When do you work?"
 
"I'm off during the break."
 
"Then...should I come over?" he sounded too excited.
 
"Oppa!"
 
"What? I want to come over and spend a day during the break with my only friend. My parents are overseas and it's really lonely. My manager has a family too, you know."
 
"What if I say my parents are home?"
 
"Then...I'd have to bring extra kimchi for them too!"
 
I laughed, "Silly oppa. Sorry, but I'm not allowed to bring anyone over."
 
His smile disappeared “You can't see me during the break right?" I sadly shook my head. He showed me a weak smile. "It's alright, I'll see you when school starts. Have a nice Christmas and New Year Mimi."
 
He turned around to leave. I watched his lonely figure walk away. "Wait!" I blurted out. He stopped and I ran up to him. "What’s up?"
 
"Can you...can you text me your address? I’ll meet you at your place, because I don't want meet up with you outside since it's really cold and you're not allowed to-" I let out an inaudible gasp when he pulled me into his arms.
 
"You talk too much, you know? Thanks Mimi." I smiled on his shoulder. "No problem." He let go and waved while running backwards. "I'll send you my address right away. I'm free the whole break so you can come over anytime!"
 
I waved back, "Will do!"
 
The aliens and I got home and I got straight to planning our break.
 
Winter break:
 
-Make a snow family
 
-Shovel the walkway and driveway
 
-Make snow angels
 
-Snow fights
 
-Go sledding
 
-Go skating
 
Important:
 
-Bake cookies
 
-Make the aliens their presents
 
-Go to Jiho's place.
 
I looked at the last activity on the list. I got up and searched for his present. I remembered it was on my bed but there was nothing there. I searched under the bed, under the unmade blankets, in the closet, behind the door, and basically every corner in my room but it was nowhere to be found. 
 
Tired, I walked downstairs where the aliens were watching TV. "Have you seen a gift bag on my bed?"
 
They all shook their heads. "Was it for one of us?" Jongup asked. "Because Himchan might've took it."
 
"Yah, I'm not a thief. Even if it was for me, I'd wait until Christmas." He nudged Jongup's head. I huffed and continued my search for Jiho's present. It looked like it just disappeared or my head wasn't screwed on tight.
 
"Eun Mi, it's time for dinner." Youngjae knocked on my door. "Okay," I sighed. “Don't worry it'll show up soon.” He patted my shoulder.
 
After dinner, we all watched TV. We were watching a war movie and Yongguk was the one who was most interested in it. The two maknaes were playing thumb war, while the others were silently watching people get bombed.
 
I got up and headed towards the door to put my jacket on. Youngjae noticed and asked, "Where are you going?"
 
"Outside," I answered, "I can't seem to find the gift bag I had so I'm going to stress walk. Hopefully it'll show up soon.”
 
Soon, wasn't soon enough. It was already 3 days before Christmas and the break started about 5 days ago. Last night, snow started to fall a lot and the next morning, there were loads of snow in the front, which made my snow plans come into action.
 
"Yah! I hit you with my snowball! You're outside Choi Zelo!" Yongguk yelled.
 
In the front lawn, we were separated into teams, but because we were uneven, we put the supposedly strong aliens on one side and the others on the other side. It was like a snow war came to Korea. Yongguk and Himchan were going all out in defeating our team. Daehyun, Youngjae, Zelo and I were too scared to come out of our fort.
 
"That's not fair! It's because I'm too tall for this fort!" Zelo whined.
 
"Then make a bigger one. Come out you wimps!" Himchan called. We had piles of snowballs in front of us but we were too scared to come out of hiding.
 
"I'll go," brave Youngjae volunteered. "Since they keep wasting their ammo-" a snowball landed right at his foot, "...we'll take a bunch of snowballs and chuck it at them one at a time. I’ll go first and when I'm out of ammo, Daehyun goes, then Zelo, then Eun Mi. Got it?"
 
We nodded. "If I die out there...I want you to know that I love Eun Mi...and Daehyun. AHHHH!" He got up and threw as many snowballs he had in his arms.
 
"I'm out of ammo! Daehyun go, go, go!" Youngjae ducked and Daehyun got up. "ARRRGH!" he fell down in the snow bank.
 
"NOOO! Zelo go!" Youngjae cried. "Daehyun speak to me!"
 
"I'm...cold," he whispered.
 
"Daehyun, you can't leave me like this! NOOOO!" I shook my head at the dramatic aliens.
 
"I got Jongup! Noona! Your turn!" Zelo told me.
 
I grabbed my snowballs and stood up. The attacks stopped. Himchan let out a big gasp. "Their secret weapon...it's the Snow Princess!"
 
"Snow Princess or not, I'm going to win this war!" Yongguk threw a snowball at me but I quickly dodged it and threw multiple snowballs at them. Himchan wouldn't dare hit me so I hit him first on his shoulder.
 
"The Snow Princess killed me! I can't go on!" he dramatically fell down on the ground
 
"Don't worry, I'll win this for you! AAHHH!" he chucked a snowball on my chest. I screamed and I fell down.
 
"NOONAAAA!" Zelo cried.
 
"NO!!" Youngjae came over and hugged me. "You’re cold, just like Daehyun. The two people I love the most are dead! Zelo, we have to avenge them. We have to kill the others!"
 
"Yeah! For Noona!"
 
"For Daehyun!"