Mishaps

Protect Us

"Noona!" Zelo yelled from the living room. I walked downstairs from my bedroom. I was trying to finish my painting project. "What is it?"

"Can we go play together?" he pouted. "It's getting colder and I don't want to let you have a cold later on."

I thought about his request. It was getting closer to winter as the leaves have already fallen off the trees. The only obstacle was my unfinished project. Daehyun finished his days ago, being the smart headed alien. "Can we go some other time? I really have to finish my project."

"Noona..." he whined.

Yongguk smacked him on the back of the head out of nowhere. "She's doing her work, don't bother her. You can go some other time." He turned back to the TV and crossed his arms. "Fine." I felt really guilty, but what could I do? I walked back upstairs and continued with my project.

After hours of hard work, I was finally done my project. I cleaned up my art supplies and looked at the clock. It was only 6pm and it was pretty dark outside. I walked downstairs into the kitchen to see Himchan in his favourite pink apron cooking by the stove. "What are you making? I peeked over his tall shoulder.

"Kimchi rice. I just started so it'll be a while," he replied. "Is my Mimi getting hungry already?" he lightly pinched my cheek.

"I'm okay. I'll be outside, so I won't be eating with the rest of you."

"Where are you going?" His attention was fully on me.

"I promised Zelo I'd play with him soon, but since I had to finish my project, I couldn't. I feel really guilty and I think he's going to keep a grudge until I play with him. I don't want to sleep with that kind of thought," I told him.

"Aigooo!" He squished my face with both his hands. "You are too cute, Mimi! Don't worry though, Zelo isn't that kind of alien," he assured.

I shook my head. "Who knows what's buried deep inside that pink haired head of his. Well, tell the others for me if they come looking."

"Okay, just be careful. Bring a flashlight with you!"

I walked into the living room to see Yongguk and Youngjae sleeping on the couch except for Zelo. He seemed really pissed off. "Zelo," I called. He turned his head towards me. "Are you still angry?" he frowned and turned back to the TV. "Zelo," I tried again. He didn't look at me or even move. "Zelo jello," I cooed. That time it worked. I saw him snicker. I walked over to him and sat on the arm chair. "You can't stay mad at me like this."
 
He gave up and sighed. "Fine. You know I can't, anyways."
 
I smiled. "Good, because we're going to play, right now."
 
His eyes widened. "Now?"
 
I nodded. "Is there a problem?"
 
"It's dark out, and it's cold. Are you going to be okay in this weather?" he asked with worry on his face.
 
"Of course I'm fine! What kind of person do you think I am? Truthfully, I rarely catch colds or fevers, so I used to play outside at night all the time!" I boasted.
 
"Really?" his eyes brightened.
 
"Yup. Now, let's go before it really gets cold." He immediately jumped up from the couch and grabbed his jacket. I chuckled and followed suite. He grabbed his skateboard and we headed outside. "Look Noona, I've always wanted to show you my skateboarding moves!" He placed the skateboard on the pavement and rolled out the gates. I laughed and chased after him.
 
"That's not a move if you’re just skating normally!" I shouted.
 
Suddenly, he did these cool tricks and flips on his skateboard, without even making a mistake. Of course the alien with the special talent on a skateboard would be flawless.
 
"Wow..." I gawked in awe.
 
He finished his last move and gracefully landed back on his feet. "Ta-dah!" he bowed. I applauded and cheered. He embarrassingly laughed, rubbing the back of his neck. "Come on Noona, I'll show you a couple moves."
 
"I don't even know how to skate, and you expect me to do those things you just did?" I retorted.
 
"Fine, I'll show you how to skate first. We'll go slowly." He showed me the basics of his skateboard, like how to stand on it, how to push, and how to turn.
 
It was really hard and I tripped a lot but luckily, Zelo was always there to catch me. I finally got the gist of it and was skating in my own.
 
"Look, look Zelo! I'm skating!" I showed off.
 
He laughed, "I knew you can do it Noona!"
 
"I might even be better than you!" I spoke too soon. At the last second, my foot somehow got stuck on the pavement and the other on the skateboard at the same and made me do the splits. I don't know how that happened, but it did.
 
"Noona!" Zelo hurriedly rushed beside my broken body. "Are you okay? How did that happen?"
 
"I don't know," I tried to say without crying in pain.
 
"Can you walk? Are you hurt?"
 
"I don't think I can walk yet. I probably scratched my knee, too," I answered. "Just let me stay here for a while, the pain will probably go away." 
 
Suddenly, I was picked up by Zelo with his arms under my knees and back. I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck. "If I let you stay on the ground, your clothes will get dirty and you'll get cold. Let's go in and check your scratches." He walked towards the door.
 
"Make sure Youngjae doesn't see me like this. He'll throw a tantrum," I reminded. I remembered last time I got a cut from chopping vegetables for dinner. He went crazy and almost called the police.
 
I punched in the passcode while in his arms and he walked inside. "That you, Zelo?" Youngjae asked from the kitchen.
 
We both panicked. "Yeah, Noona and I will be upstairs changing before dinner!" he quickly made an excuse and ran up the stairs, careful not to trip. He sat me down on the bathroom counter. "Try to move your legs first Noona."
 
"I can't!" I protested. "It hurts..."
 
"I bet it does, but you have to move it so the pain can go away. Ready?" he grabbed my knees.
 
I hesitantly nodded. He opened my knees slowly and I bit my hand in pain. "Noona, don't bit your hand! Squeeze me instead." He took away my hand which was covered in my teeth marks.
 
"...squeeze you?" He took my hands and threw it on his shoulders.
 
"If it’s painful, squeeze my shoulder." I nodded. "Don't worry Noona, I won't hurt you." He opened my knees a bit wider. I yelled quietly in pain and squeezed his shoulders. "I'm closing it now." He warned before he closed my knees. Again, I yelled in pain. "Stop screaming Noona. This will lessen the pain. You'll get used to it."
 
“Wait, I need a break.” I laid my head on his shoulders. Now I know how people feel when they spilt their legs.
 
"Yah!" I jumped and it felt like my heart almost jumped out of my chest. I got the shock of my life when someone opened the door. I wasn't expecting that. We turned our heads towards Youngjae whose eyes grew wider by the second.
 
"What are you guys doing?! You guys are- OW! My neck! My neck!" he screamed, holding the back of his neck with one hand.
 
"Youngjae! Are you okay?" Zelo ran over to his hurt friend.
 
"No! My ears! My innocent Eun Mi! You!" he whacked Zelo on the head. "How could you do this to her?"
 
"Hey, that hurt! What was that for?" he rubbed his head.
 
"You were - with her - Ahhh! I can't even say it!"
 
"Spit it out Youngjae!" I grew impatient for his explanation.
 
"Agh, whatever. You two are contaminated anyways! Why were you two...matingwitheachotherinthewashroom?" he said quickly.
 
"WHAT?!" we both screamed.
 
"WHAT?!" three other aliens appeared behind him.
 
"Noona fell down on the skateboard and did the splits! I sat her on the counter so I could look at her cut but we needed to make the leg pain go away so I was opening and closing her legs so the pain could go away!" Zelo explained.
 
"I heard everything outside the door!" Youngjae still didn't believe us.
 
"I told you, I was trying to help her! I told her to hold on to my shoulders if it hurt a lot because she was biting her own hand. Look!" he showed him my hand full of teeth marks.
 
He gasped at the marks. "Agh! My neck! This is worse than having you guys...no never mind. Let's go to your room Eun Mi." He walked over, turned around with his back facing me so I could get on his back. Once I got on, he carried me back to my bedroom with the aliens following. He left to go get the first aid kit and Himchan started to bombard me with questions.
 
"You really didn't do that did you?"
 
"No!" I pushed his head away. "You guys are all sick erts! Why did I even have you read anatomy books anyway!"
 
Youngjae came in with the first aid kit. "Okay, I'm sorry I accused you guys but it sounded convincing to me," he shrugged.
 
"Were our pants off?!" I screamed.
 
"...no. I'm sorry! I got to a lot of conclusions."
 
I sighed. It was Youngjae, the one who almost called the police. "Fine, I forgive you. Think like that one more time, I'll kick you out of here." He saluted and lifted up my pant leg to see the scratch on my knee. He cleaned it up with alcohol to clean it up before he applied the medicine and bandage. The alcohol didn't hurt at all since he did a pretty good job on blowing on it while cleaning it. He is my protective Youngjae, after all.
 
"There, all done." He cleaned up the first aid kit.
 
"Are you okay Noona?" Zelo kneeled down next to me.
 
I ruffled his hair, "I'm fine Zelo. Thanks for taking care of me." A happy grin appeared on his face.
 
"Okay, let's go downstairs and eat," Yongguk said. "Can you walk? Let me carry you downstairs."
 
I got uncomfortable with that suggestion. After that meeting with Doctor, I've been cautious around him. He wasn't a friend. He was just a robot in need of protection. I was not going to let him become a human. I quickly stood up."I'm fine! I can walk downstairs by myself, no problem-AAHH!" Yongguk suddenly threw me over his shoulder.
 
"What are you doing? Let me go!" I hit his back.
 
He laughed, "I'll let you go when we get downstairs. I can't have you get your foot stuck on the stairs and tumble down." He carried me downstairs. I blushed and didn't protest any further. Knowing him, he wasn't going to let me down until we reach the kitchen. If he were a friend, he wouldn't be carrying me like I was a barrel. Himchan was right in front of me and he stuck out his tongue. "Told you to take a flashlight."