Jung Daehyun and Yoo Youngjae

Protect Us

Unit 255, as known as, Daehyun. Out of all of them, he looked the most mysterious. He had a head of greyish hair with a tint of light brown and black roots. He had a small black mole under his left eye and thick lips. Doctor really made him detailed.

"How are you going to personalize him, Hye Mi?" Himchan excitedly asked.

"Are you going to make the rest like Himchan?" Yongguk questioned, already annoyed by him.

"Of course not. I don't need another sweet talker," I mumbled. "Hmm...I should make him the opposite of Himchan."

"Opposite of me? You should probably think this over..." he said, unsurely.

"Don't worry. I have another 3." I lifted up Daehyun's soft hair and held the button for 10 seconds.

"Personality upgrade."

"You're a caring, rebellious, and organized leader after Yongguk and Himchan. Even though you're rebellious, you're smart enough to know what's right and wrong. You're quiet, and a sweet but cold hearted person. You're also a good artist." I wanted someome who could share my love for art and he seemed like the type of guy who dwells in front of his canvas. I pressed the button again before Himchan or Yongguk could say anything about my choice of personality. Daehyun straightened up and turned around to face us.

His personality instantly kicked in. His dull, boring eyes turned cold and harsh. I smiled and introduced myself. "Hi, I'm Hye-" Without a word, he turned around and walked into another room in the house. "...Mi."

Yongguk scoffed, "A rebellious leader? A sweet but cold hearted person? How is that gonna work out?"

I glared at him. "Seriously, did Doctor give you an amazingly huge amount of sarcasm?" That's what I wanted to ask him but I was afraid he would behead me. I seriously got to be careful around the one with the purple hair.

"It's okay, Hye Mi," Himchan patted my shoulder. "Even though he's a cold hearted robot, it can still be warmed up just like you did with mine, the first time we met," he smiled. Yongguk made a disgusted face at the cheesy alien and I smiled uneasily. I don't remember making him a flirt. "...right. On to the next one!" 

"Unit 256, Youngjae Yoo," Yongguk called.

"Unit 256, present." Youngjae had a half, blonde mohawk. His hair style made him look like a Super Saiyan. Although Daehyun looked realistic, Youngjae looked like a real-life anime character.

"How are you going to personalize him this time? Another Daehyun?" Himchan asked. If Yongguk asked that, it would've sounded utterly sarcastic. I ignored him and held the button for 10 seconds.

"Personality upgrade."

"Well, since you're the one with the most information," I remembered how he has the one who pressed in all the buttons and told Doctor my information, although I said it in a mouthful. "You must be smart, nice, open hearted, sociable, and a good friend, especially to Daehyun, since it seems like he needs a friend. You're also protective and an expert on computers." I pressed the button to finish the personalization.

He straightened up and turned around. "Hi, I'm the brain of the units, Yoo Youngjae. Nice to finally talk to you, Hye Mi." He held out his hand.

"Nice to meet you, too." I smiled and slipped my hand into his to shake it. He suddenly brought up to his lips and gently kissed it. His hands and lips were cold but his skin was so soft. He felt like a real human which made me blush. "Even though I'm not programmed to be a lady’s man, like Himchan, I learn fast," he winked. "Now, where's that Daehyun?" he left the room.

"I don't like him at all!" Himchan pouted.

I turned to him. "Why? I like him," I lightly smiled.

He crossed his arms together in front of his chest. "That's why I don't like him!"

"She didn't make you the jealous type. Get a hold of yourself, she has no good qualities," Yongguk spoke. I scowled in his direction. Did Doctor make him rude, too? l dislike him already.

"What are you talking about? She's the most precious thing Doctor has ever given me." Himchan protectively hugged me.

Yongguk pretended to gag and I've got to admit, I cringed at his cheesiness."You're a newborn! He didn't give you anything!"

"Well then, the King must've sent her to me. This is not accidental. This is fate." I shook my head at how childish he sounded. This is going to be a LONGG 10 years.