Ruined Plans

Protect Us
I was lying on the cold wet snow, while the others were still having their snowball fight. "You died too?" Daehyun asked.
 
I laughed, "Why do you think I'm lying next to you?"
 
"Touché." We lied there in silence, watching the aliens throw snowballs at each other. Our neighbours probably thought we were crazy.
 
"Have you seen my gift bag anywhere?" I asked Daehyun. I was getting frustrated about it. I swear I made it. It was like it magically disappeared.
 
"The one you've been looking for?" He asked and I nodded. "I can't find it anywhere. I need to give it go Jiho."
 
He rolled his eyes and scoffed, "It's for that bastard?"
 
I frowned, "Don't call him that! He's a good person."
 
"How would you know? You don't even see him anywhere but school. What if he does drugs outside of school?" he retorted.
 
"He's a model!” I defended. “Why would he be doing that?"
 
He shrugged. "You never know. Maybe he's doing drugs without his agency knowing."
 
"Why do you keep picking on him? He's not a bad person!" Angry, I stood up and headed inside the house. "Stupid Daehyun, what do you know?" I grumbled to myself. Jiho is a sweet, nice guy but I don't think Daehyun can ever see that. The difference between him and Jiho can stretch out all the way across the world. I know I'm exaggerating but I hate how Daehyun kept talking about Jiho like he's a monster.
 
The phone rang and I headed over to pick it up. "Hello?"
 
"Eun Mi? It's me, Aunt Yooji."
 
"Auntie?" Why is she calling? She's supposed to be in another country.
 
"You do remember me! I thought you forgot!" she exclaimed.
 
"How can I forget? This is your house after all," I answered.
 
"Right. Now, you know I'm coming home tonight, right? It's nearing Christmas and there are many parties to attend to. So I want you to pick out 5 dresses from my closet for me and 5 different ties for your uncle."
 
Oh shoot. I totally forgot they come back home every holiday. "O-okay."
 
"Good, I'll see you tonight!" I gulped and placed the phone back down. My mind was blank and I thought I was going to go crazy. Why did I let it go past me? I'm so stupid. The past few days, I've been having so much fun with the aliens, I totally forgot about my own family!
 
I ran outside to the ongoing war. "Yah, you're dead already, why are you still here?" Yongguk yelled at me.
 
I ignored him and said as camly as I can, "This isn't the time for games. My aunt and uncle are coming back tonight."
 
The throwing stopped and all eyes were on me. "Tonight?" Jongup asked.
 
I nodded, "We need to get you guys out of here. Let's pack. The bus back to my place is in an hour."
 
The aliens packed their clothes and their things they needed to stay at my parent's place for a while. They packed several pieces of clothing, food, and anything they wanted to bring. Everything else they leave behind would go into my room.
 
We headed towards the bus station and waited for the bus to come. Everyone stayed quiet the whole time and it was bothering me. "Come on guys, say something. This is making me uncomfortable."
 
"Sorry Eun Mi," Jongup apologized. "It’s just that…we didn't expect this to happen so soon. We totally forgot all about your family. We didn't want Christmas to be like this."
 
"Yeah," Himchan added. "I thought we'd be spending Christmas together, but we completely forgot about your family."
 
I looked at every single one of their faces and they looked all disappointed and sad. Even though Yongguk and Daehyun had their poker face on, I knew they were disappointed in the inside. I was dissapointed, too. I wanted to spend their first Christmas together. "Don’t worry guys, I'll find a way for us to be together. So just wait for me." Then, the bus arrived. We stood up to get ready to board the bus.
 
Yongguk was ready to board on first. "Wait," I called to him. I fixed his jacket and the beanie on his head. "Don’t forget to call the number in your pocket using the phone, okay? And don't forget to close the blinds whenever you turn on the lights. Don’t go in and out of the house, since the neighbours knows my family and I. If you randomly go in and out without caution, they'll definitely think you're a burglar."
 
"A handsome one," he smirked.
 
I laughed, “Don't be too full of yourself there." He boarded on and it was Himchan's turn. "Listen to Yongguk and do whatever he says. Don't miss me too much."
 
He nodded and was about to say something but the driver interrupted us. "Are you getting on or are you saying your goodbyes? You should've said it before the bus came."
 
Himchan was about to rip his head off but I stopped him. I apologized and pushed Himchan onto the bus. I said my quick goodbyes to Jongup, Youngjae, Zelo and Daehyun. I stopped Daehyun because there was something sticking out of his backpack. He was already on the first step of the bus.
 
"Wait, there's something sticking out of your bag.” I tried to push it in the bag but it looked really familiar to me so I ped his bag and pulled it out. “Wait, what are you doing?” Daehyun asked.
 
I stared at the piece of wool in my hands. It was Jiho's scarf I made for him for Christmas but shredded and unrecognizable. I looked at Daehyun. “Why do you have this?” I didn't understand. Why did he have the present I've been looking for weeks in his bag?
 
He turned around and his eyes rounded in surprise, obviously not expecting me to find it. "Eun Mi."
 
I cut him off. "I've been searching for this for so long. It was for Jiho but you took it and shredded it up. Why you're doing this Daehyun? This..." I showed him the torn scarf. "Is it because you don't like Jiho? Is he doing something bad? If he is, tell me. I'll believe you. If he's doing drugs or whatever, tell me. What is he doing that you don’t like? I'll end my relationship with him right away," I told him.
 
Silence. "Is he doing drugs?" He shook his head. "Then why did you do this? He's not doing anything bad".
 
"I didn't want him to receive anything from you," he said. "Truthfully I-"
 
"Hurry up and get on!" the bus driver interrupted our conversation.
 
I stepped back a couple steps. "Go. I'll talk to you later."
 
“But Eun Mi, want to tell you that I-“
 
I shook my head. I didn't want to hear any excuses. “I don't want to hear it Daehyun. Just…go." I was beyond disappointed, but I was trying to keep it in. I usually vent my anger by splashing paint on my canvases. Literally.
 
He frowned, turned around and walked up the bus. I watched the bus go while I waved at the other aliens who were waving at me through the window. Himchan even made a heart with his hands. I dejectedly walked back home with many thoughts buzzing through my mind.