Calling... Kpoppin-Till-I-Die

♨ Kimchi Dumplings Review Shop ♨ || Closed Hiatus ||

A Strangers Understanding - Kpoppin-Till-I-Die

 

Title [5 out of 5]:

Since there was only one chapter, I can't really say the title doesn't fit it, but from the first chapter and they way you described the two did make it seem as they both have things in common. Since the story is on a hiatus, I can't complain about anything about it since the small information is enough out, though it would've been nice to read more of the story.

Foreword, Description [18 out of 20]:

The foreword and description was relatively okay, but there were minor typos, over all. I liked the way you wrote about Kai and Minya and what they have to face in everyday life. Though a short summary would be more appealing to the readers as well.

Appearance/Poster, Background, etc [5 out of 5]:

The poster was great, the colors and the font was great. Even though the background and poster were different colors, I would say it had some how fit the angst feel.

Plot and Originality [13 out of 15]

The plot was quite creative, and I read Kai's story, but I won't be reviewing it. So over all, it wasn't that creative because there are stories about people being abused and/or having lost one parent. Though what I liked about it was that both had been in the same position, having an abusive father and are able to understand each other.

Grammar, Spelling, Vocabulary, etc. [16 out of 20]:

Error: he's out cheating with several hooker at a time
Correction: he's out cheating with several hookers at a time

Error: Thats the Devil
In disguise
coming fo me
Correction: That's the Devil
In disguise
coming fo me

Error: You'll never know what its like
Correction: You'll never know what it's like

Error: Wait, she can't anyone like that!
Correction: Wait, she can't think of anyone like that!

Error: His was so surprised that he had said anything. Within the past few years, he hadn't dare to open his mouth.
Correction: He was so surprised that he had said anything. Within the past few years, he hadn't dare to open his mouth.

Error: "Its down the hall. Last door on the left."
Correction: "It's down the hall. Last door on the left."

Error: "DINNER's HERE!" I heard her Mom say..
Correction: "Dinner's here!" I heard her mom say..

Error: Well, Im hungry, so I need to hurry up downstairs...
Correction: Well, I'm hungry, so I need to hurry up downstairs...

Error: We had some disgusting Jjamkae, and of course I didn't eat any of it. except for the spring rolls,
Correction: We had some disgusting Jjamkae, and of course I didn't eat any of it, except for the spring rolls,

Error: "umm sure..." He hesitated to say as he threw away his box and followed me to my room...
Correction: "Umm sure..." He hesitated to say as he threw away his box and followed me to my room...

Error: She reaches the mail box and finds tons of letters falling out, along with two packages." Whoever this person is, they're crazy..."
Correction: She reached the mail box and finds tons of letters falling out, along with two packages. "Whoever this person is, they're crazy..."

Error: Im Kim Jongin. But just call me Kai.
Correction: I'm Kim Jongin, but just call me Kai.

I would say that the story was going from 3rd and 1st pov, I think you should fix that because at some points the story would say 'He hesitated to say as he threw away his box and followed me to my room.' and then it would be suddenly go into 3rd pov.

Characters [7 out of 10]:

The story was short, it was only a chapter that I can review, so there isn't much I can say about the characters. It was okay, but I think that if I was reviewing this as a one-shot, I would say that the characters have developed relatively fast, and how the girl had an abusive father, though there wasn't much abuse in the chapter, but reading from the foreword it seemed like that.

Flow [6 out of 10]:

The flow would be nice if it continued how it is going now, because I think that the story is going quite well even if it just a chapter. So maybe if you get the story reviewed when there is actually some progression showing, I'm sure you would get a more detailed review from me, or even other reviewers.

Writing Style [15 out of 15]:

Your writing style is quite normal, nothing bad to say, but I wouldn't say it's very praisable. Though maybe if you wrote with more detail, it would've been much more exciting to read, maybe even get more people hooked to the story because I think the story was rather plain because of how everything was written in a more monotone perspective. So maybe if you made things sound more exciting, or more addicting to read.

85 out of 100

Reviewer's note: I am so sorry that I didn't review the side story of Kai's, but I think that the side story was quite angsty, and very interesting.