Calling... Pandamwah

♨ Kimchi Dumplings Review Shop ♨ || Closed Hiatus ||

 

Mercy 자비 - Pandamwah

 

Title [5 out of 5]: 

When I first read the title, I just knew it was going to be something with angst, but I did not expect over half of the characters to die. The title explained the story even if it was just 1 word. I mean, the whole story was filled with being merciless, though I don't think anyone asked for mercy because they had all died quickly. Not the suffering kind, but I guess some did, but they didn't ask for mercy despite their injuries, and now I'm just getting off topic.

Foreword, Description [20 out of 20]:

Your foreword was definitely interesting. It had made me wonder what you meant by 'You can't trust everyone.' I got chills and wondered what was going to happen. It was short, and not too lengthy to the point it revealed to much, but it was enough to have the reader hooked. Definitely nice.

Appearance/Poster, Background, etc [5 out of 5]:

The poster was nice, the colors, especially how the English words, and then the Korean words seemed to go well in that format, especially the coloring of the poster. It was very clean, and it definitely indicated the people who had signifigance in this story, but I would have to say that the background was rather unappealing. I have no clue why, but I feel like it's mostly because the poster and the background are two different colors, but it's still good.

Plot and Originality [15 out of 15]

The plot was orginal. I loved every 13 chapters of this story. I mean wow. Like, you finished the story at a completely cliff-hanger of all time. The ending was as if you were going to continue writing. Though I won't know how everything will go if there is a sequel to the story because Yixing is the only candidate to be alive, while Yifan and Jongin's existance is a complete mystery, especially with how Yixing didn't look back when the gun had fired. I would definitely subscribe if there's going to be a part 2.

Grammar, Spelling, Vocabulary, etc. [19.5 out of 20]:

Error: “And you, you could have stayed – you would’nt have been alive if it wasn’t for me –“
Correction: “And you, you could have stayed – you wouldn
t have been alive if it wasn’t for me –“

Your spelling, vocabulary and grammar is flawless! Maybe you should be careful of some minor typos, but other than that, I cannot lie that the words you used, was just so great, I am left in awe. Kudos to you.

Characters [7 out of 10]:

Well, since the story was relatively short, the personalities of the characters were hard to figure out at first, but you made everything clear after each chapter passed. The way how Yixing cared for everyone, and the rest of the EXO members. You kept their personalities pretty close to how they seem to be irl, or on screen to be exact. Because this was most certainly not an AU story.

Flow [10 out of 10]:

The flow was at it's own pace. Definitely good, but I liked how you would somehow write about how a few characters died when Yixing wasn't able to witness it, as he would hear it from another person or so. The ending of the story where Yixing was thinking to himself about how everyone died, and how they all changed, or did something wrong, but in return also did something good to help the other person out. It was as if you were explaining their personalities after the story was coming to an end. Very tricky, yet it was something new. I had never actually seen someone explain personalities that had happened through-out the story at the end.

Writing Style [15 out of 15]:

Your writing style is great! There is certainly nothing that would be able to match up to your own way of writing. Like I said, this story was something new to me, and what I mean by that was the format. How everything was slowly getting put together like a puzzle, and in the 12th chapter everything had come to an end, but then you added a cliff-hanger and let all of your readers minds just go crazy with their own imagination. Leaving them with questions about Yifan and Jongin.

96.5 out of 100

Reviewer's note: I am so sorry that I took some time to finish reviewing this. I was procrastinating and I had to seriously get my work done. Now that I've reviewed this, I would definitely check out the second part if there will be any! It kept me on the edge of my seat, wondering what was going to happen, and who was going to die. Though I knew it was coming, but the way Jongdae died had really got me to swear out loud.