Calling... heartofseoul

♨ Kimchi Dumplings Review Shop ♨ || Closed Hiatus ||

 

Title[4/5]:

The title was cliche and it didn't intrigue me because of the similarity between every other romance stories. The word 'hidden' is a common word found in AFF so perhaps you can find synonym such as 'concealed'. It has the same meaning however this word is last used thus making it more original. On a positive note, I do like how it matches the theme and plot of the story so it is relevant to the story.

Poster(s)[4/5]:

This has a angst/drama tag in your story therefore I cut down a mark on how the colors of the poster contrast the story's genre. Your use of light blue doesn't make me feel like this will turn out to be a angst story, it feels as if it is a happy one judging from the color of pink and light blue. Using dark colors such as black or dark blue who create a more stronger relation to your story. Also, if the genre are going to be sad, why are the characters smiling in the poster; that confuses me. At the least, it does give a colorful outline towards the story.

Description & Foreword [8/10]:

The use of questions was excellent; it made me thinks of myself engaging me to the story more. I do like how you kept it short and simple yet gave hints about the plot. When you use 'someone' in your questions, I would wonder who it will be so it persuade me to find out reading your chapters. Well Done.

However; I don't really like when people add the character's personalities in the description/foreword. Isn't that what we should think of ourselves? You can say factual information like her date of birth or where she was born. Having adjectives 'quite social' make the reader like me think as if we have to think of Baek Hee that way. I gave a point for the structure of the story since it matched my criteria. 

Plot and Characters[26/30]:

Your plot was original however it did have aspects of a cliche story in there. I can see easily how your romance is going to form with Kai and Baekhee. Maybe add someone else that would make your overall romance plot mysterious. If you only add Kai in it; then we would know who Baekhee is going to end up with. Also, I couldn't see how your story was an angst genre since it had only a tiny fragment of angst in it. It was more in a romantic comedy line losing you a point.

The first chapter was off to a great start filled with humor from Baekhee and her friend as well as the realistic point of view during test time. I think your first chapter was a little bit short and I can't instantly see drama forming hence it didn't make me anticipate more. The cliff-hanger at the end was a clever idea to do; even more so when its the first chapter. The way you describe how Baekhee feels when their is a new classmate seems vague to me. I couldn't sense the sadness in her words. Maybe develop that a bit more in the future chapter or edit it in chapter one. It does have a hint of disappointment in how when Baekhee makes friends; later on, they would leave her but just stating how she feels gives a hint; describing how she feels would give an accurate idea to the readers.

The second chapter introduce Kai to Baekhee and I love how their first time meeting when. It wasn't boring for example how they met in school. They met in a book shop; somewhere which I never would have thought of and it also was a surprising twist when the guests turned out to be Kai and Jaerin. It was unexpected and I like that in drama genre stories. The use of senses was also shown creating a bold imagery to the readers.

The third was a better interaction with Kai and Baekhee even though it turned out bad for both of them. I was pleased with the fact that the two wasn't immediately love-stricken with each other; something cliche stories would have had. The humor was again there when Kai barged in the room initially trying to give Baekhee's purse back. The fourth chapter on the other hand was a bit plot-less. It was just basically handing the exam papers back and that is a bit dull for people reading. Maybe add some interaction between Kai and Baekhee or even a funny moment would have been better than handing exam papers back.

The fifth chapter was more interesting than the fourth; I can sense how Jua thinks Baekhee is jealous over Kai and Gayun's friendship however Baekhee remained oblivious. From these five chapters, I can really sense how Baekhee is clueless and a bit hot-headed getting angered easily. She thinks she can't tell people her secret and by the way she said Jua was stupid enough to befriend her; it seems to be as if Baekhee thinks she is a burden to her friends. 

Kai still remain mysterious for now and I do know it is only the fourth chapter so I am interested to see how Kai's personality develops from now on.

Grammar/Spelling/Punctuation/Word Chose[24/25]:

The spelling was accurate gaining most points and the word chose was top notch; your writing didn't bore me and I was happy to see  complicated words as well.  Your variety of punctuation lack because all you used was full stop and commas, perhaps add ellipses? There were a few mistakes where the grammar was changed from past to present.

eg. 

"What?" I toss tossed her a glare as I responded, whipping my head around as I turned to look back at her.

Looking for revision books to replace replaced the hand-me-downs I got from my cousin as my year’s syllabus changed.

These were only simple mistake but I thought I should point it out.

Flow[9/10]:

The flow was a bit fast for me since the chapters were short and the plot ideas were only written in a small amount before moving on quickly. Explore the idea a bit more trying to make it as interesting and suspense as possible. 

Overall Enjoyment[13/15]:

I don't like OC stories or 'you' stories that much, sorry. I did enjoyed reading it! I like how the story wasn't exaggeratedly cliche and had its own original moments. The only thing I recommended is make your story seem more angst or change your genre to romantic comedy because it does seem like one right now.

I hope you are happy with your score!

Grade: 88%  a.k.a 88/100 Done By KpopLover15751