Calling... LovebeingaELF

♨ Kimchi Dumplings Review Shop ♨ || Closed Hiatus ||

 

Review

By:Kpoplover15751

Title[5/5]: 

The title is intriguing as it gives a sense of the plot formation however it doesn't give away all of the idea. The title also isn't cliche and that makes readers more interested in your story. The word 'identical' really explains a lot and you chose a good verb to use. It is short yet informative as well as giving a romantic feel towards it.

Poster(s)[4/5]:

The poster is well made and has great blending techniques being used. However, rather than a romantic genre much like this story is, it had a angst feel towards it. The color blue is often associated with sadness and loneliness in contrast to yours which is romantic and maybe a bit angst but overall romantic. Therefore, I feel you should have ask for the poster to have the color perhaps pink or red to signify the meaning of romance. The poster in chapter two is much better in terms of the relation to the genre, I would say say to make that your poster for the foreword but then again; it is your choice as a writer. 

Description & Foreword [7/10]:

The description lack the usage to cover your plot. You didn't really have to tell them that IU wasn't Youngmin's brother nor the fact that both of them will fall in love with Jieun. We the readers will find that ourselves when we read the chapter. Descriptions are used to persuade the readers, not reveal the plot similar to what you have done. It is informative yes; but then what thrill would the readers get reading your chapters if they already get the idea of what was going to happen? It isn't exciting to know the basic outline of the plot before the reader even started reading. Ways you can change this outcome is by adding questions for example. This stimulate the reader to be urged to read the story so they can answer the questions.

In addition, the sneak peek should go in the foreword, not the description but apart from that; the structure was accurate gaining you points. I do like how you gave the character's info without adding their personalities. Having character descriptions are fine but it really is my pet peeve when they start adding personality description. I also find the extra icon picture imaginative and unique. It give the reader a more visual view and would persuade those that subscribe with images rather than words.

Plot and Characters[25/30]:

The plot is going smoothly and it is still the second chapter so I can't review it fully but from what I have read, it is going onto a great start. The first chapter had a strong start filled with humor which is a common genre for a romance story. 

The first chapter was a start to the story and it should immediately capture the reader's attention. Your chapter did met that criteria and it left with a  cliff-hanger making the readers want more. It was informative yet interesting to read showing your writing skills. I do like the relationship between the brother and sister, Jieun and Youngmin. It shows how close they are by making fun of each other at the start with the fly situation. Also when they are nervous as shown when they were introduced to the class, they cling onto each other making me realize how much they trust each other.

The second chapter was carrying on from the first so I was glad there wasn't a time period. It also add a drama where the two girl twins would act bratty and clingy which is shown descriptively and I could really feel annoyed by their attitude. But, perhaps you could show a bit of hesitation form befriending Kwangmin because Jieun and Youngmin has only met for a few hours and already they are walking together. Develop that more please. 

Jieun from my perspective is a strong-headed girl with her own thoughts and believe. She isn't afraid of the girls twins, Hwayoung and Hyoyoung and just barges in and claims his brother Youngmin. Any other characters I have read would chose not to interfere. Obviously it is still the second chapter so I am hoping her character would develop a bit more.

Youngmin is shown to me as a soft and insecure boy by the way he is nervous around Kwangmin in chapter one. I don't know much about him yet since the chapters were more focused on Jieun. Kwangmin is the one that is the least developed but I am sure I will get to know him better in later chapters. So far, he seems like a brash and flirty character, speaking whatever he has on his mind.

Overall, the chapters has a smooth plot going on and I am excited to see what the other chapters have in store. The characters are getting clearer in terms of their personality.

Grammar/Spelling/Punctuation/Word Chose[19/25]:

The punctuation was excellent and there were one or two mistakes which didn't effect your story a lot but the one I am most concerned with is the missing words between sentences. I would like to show you the mistakes there are but you put your story so I can't copy the words. If you do wish to know your mistakes, unlock the anti-copy sign and PM me. I would be happy to review the grammar/spelling/punctuation again. 

The word chose was great; it didn't have the same words repeated again and again. Your sentences although was simple; perhaps join two sentences by adding commas, semi-colons or conjunction such as 'whilst' or 'and'. It makes your writing look more advanced.

Flow[10/10]:

The flow was excellent and it doesn't seem slow nor fast. I hope you keep this pace for your future chapters, it is balanced therefore you story doesn't rush or your readers wouldn't feel bored.

Overall Enjoyment[11/15]:

I did enjoy reading the story however I cut the points because I was bothered by the grammar and sentence structure mistakes made. I was pleased with the flow and characters so well done!

I am not a BOYFRIEND fan so I don't particulary enjoy reading it but I am only one reader, I bet there are others who would love your story! I am sorry if I am harsh with the score...

Grade: 81%  a.k.a 81/100 - Done By KpopLover15751