Chapter 5

KangTeuk lovestory

 

“So, let me get this straight.”  Sooyoung glared at her brother. “You’re not even gonna follow me to my classroom?!”

“Nope.” Kangin said, his eyes glued to the TV screen. 

“Why not?” Sooyoung asked.

“Because I don’t want to. Walk yourself. You’re not a baby anymore, though you think you are one.” Kangin replied.

“You know, y-you’re the worst b-brother in the wh-whole world!” Sooyoung stuttered loudly, barely looking at her brother.

“Mhm...” Kangin carelessly muttered.

“You’re a bully! You have no friends! You make poor grades and your family is disappointed in you! And because your life you want to make other peoples lives miserable as well!” Sooyoung added, hesitantly pointing at her brother who was still sitting on the cough with his eyes glued to the TV, pretending not to pay attention to his sister. “You’ve never been a real brother to me! We never hang out, nor do you help me with homework!” Sooyoung was taking heavy breaths as she spoke. “You’re a disgrace to our family! You could never live up to our father’s name or make him proud! No wonder he doesn’t like you! No wonder he hates you!” Sooyoung spat as her voice cracked.

Kangin jumped up and glared at his younger sister, his expression filled with rage and furiousness. “You. Little. .” Kangin started towards his sister with clenched fists. Sooyoung knew what her brother was about to do to her and grabbed her bag and ran like lightning out the front door. 

~~

 

 

“He goes to this school...” A tear escaped Sooyoung’s eyes and ran down her cheek as she looked down at her feet.

Leeteuk followed his instincts and hugged the girl to comfort her. He rubbed her back and whispered; “Don’t worry, don’t worry... Shh, don’t cry anymore...” He was surprised when she suddenly returned the hug tightly, but he wanted her to calm down and feel safe, so he kept hugging her.

 

After the girl stopped crying Leeteuk her to her classroom. They stopped in front of the door. “Are you ready?” He smiled at her. 

She looked up at him, into his beautiful eyes, before looking down again and shaking her head. “No... They’re all gonna hate me...” She almost sobbed. “I don’t even have a uniform...”

Leeteuk thought for a moment, patted her shoulder and smiled. “Don’t worry. Wait here.” He walked over to one of the lockers, pulled out a key from his pocket and unlocked the locker. He then pulled out a school uniform and handed it to Sooyoung. “This is my sister’s extra uniform in case of emergency. Hopefully it’ll fit. Now, go change!” He chuckled and pushed the girl towards the girl’s bathroom without letting her think about it.

She turned to face him and smiled at him with tears in her eyes. “Thank you very much!” She bowed. “By the way, I’m Sooyoung.” She added before going inside the bathroom.

Leeteuk smiled at himself for helping that poor girl as he walked towards his own classroom.

~~

 

“There are so many new people here today!” Donghae chirped. Him, Siwon and Leeteuk were sitting together during lunch as usual. 

“Yeah, especially juniors.” Siwon added. “Many of the girls were real good looking too!” 

“I agree, but most of them are juniors.” Donghae said to burst Siwon’s bubble.

Siwon looked up at Donghae and cocked his head to the side sarcastically. “So what? There’s only one year between us. Sometimes you just have to!” He chuckled and wriggled his eyebrows at his friends. 

“That’s what she said.” Leeteuk muttered as he nibbled on his sandwich. Donghae, who was drinking while Leeteuk spoke, almost spat all his water on Siwon as he exploded in laughter.

Siwon punched Leeteuk’s arm playfully. “You bastard!” 

 

They all chuckled as a couple of girls stopped by their table.