Chapter 16.1

KangTeuk lovestory

A/N: 

Hi guys! I'm sorry I didn't get this chappie posted earlier. I really am :( there's a lot going on now, so :P But here it is :D I'll be honest: I really don't like this chapter... It's too boring..... At least it's up now. Oh, and please excuse my grammar and spelling mistakes! :O  And don't worry! There will be more events soon! Love you! <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

*RING! RING! RING!*

 

Kangin sat up right away at the sound of the morning alarm. He rubbed his eyes and stretched his arms as he smiled to himself. He felt so much better this morning after doing something good for Leeteuk the other night, even though the latter was asleep. It was almost weird. The way he felt butterflies in his stomach and a smile on his face that wouldn’t go away. He turned to look over at Leeteuk, but he was not in his bed. Kangin frowned and turned to face the bathroom. The door was open, which meant that Leeteuk was probably not there. “Hm... Maybe he woke up early...” Kangin muttered to himself as he started for the bathroom.

~~

 

Meanwhile, Leeteuk was sitting cross-legged on Siwon’s bed in Siwon and Kibum’s room. Kibum was in the bathroom brushing his teeth while Siwon was changing while talking to Leeteuk. Since they have been friends for so long it wasn’t weird to change in front of one another.

“So, you fell asleep in the shower, he found you, dressed you and put you to bed?” Siwon said as he pulled his pajama shirt off. 

“No! Or... yeah or... I’d like to believe that I was drunk.” Leeteuk stated without looking up from his laps. “And I took a shower and dressed myself and went to bed.”

Siwon placed his hands on his hips and raised an eyebrow. “You believe you were drunk?”

“Yeah...” Leeteuk whispered without looking up.

“At a private school,”

“Yeah...”

“Where they don’t allow alcohol,”

Leeteuk nodded.

“And students who are caught drinking alcohol get punished,” 

Leeteuk nodded again.

“And you believe you were drunk, though you have never had any type of alcoholic drink in you entire life?” Siwon added while staring intensively at Leeteuk.

“Yes.” Leeteuk stated. He glanced up once and quickly looked down again. He was the type that smiled when he was lying, at least if someone he knew looked him in the eyes while he was lying. He didn’t want Siwon to figure out his lie, especially when he was trying really hard to believe it too.

“Leeteuk, look me in the eyes and confirm what you’ve just told me.” Siwon demanded. 

Oh darn! Leeteuk thought as he took a deep breath. He knows me too well... He slowly raised his head and looked up into Siwon’s eyes.

“Siwon?”

 

Kibum poked his head out of the bathroom with his toothbrush in his hand. “Have you seen my-” He stopped speaking once he laid eyes on Siwon and his bare chest. He couldn’t help but stare at Siwon’s muscular abs and arms.

“Siwon, put a shirt on!” Leeteuk scolded and crossed his arms. “Stop showing off!”

Kibum snapped out of his trans at Leeteuk voice. He was about to protest, but he soon realized that he was drooling and he quickly retreated into the bathroom with a flustered face.

Siwon gasped and gaped over dramatically at Leeteuk. “I’m not showing off! It’s not my fault that I’m beautiful. Blame my parents!” He said and chuckled before putting on his uniform. “Anyway, you were saying?” 

“Wh-what? Nothing.” Leeteuk stuttered and shrugged.

“You know,” Siwon started as he buttoned his shirt. “Normally you don’t shy away from things, especially not bullies like Kangin. And now, just because he took you out of the shower, dressed you and put you to bed you are totally flustered. I mean, sure it is weird compared to the way he used to treat us, but...” Siwon shrugged. 

“I’m not flustered and he did not find me in the shower, I was drunk!” Leeteuk almost yelled with a high-pitched voice. He cupped his mouth soon after.

Siwon laughed at his best friend loudly. “Oh, Teukie! You never change. Stubborn as always.” He said and shook his head. “But seriously, I know it is a bit suspicious of him to be nice to you, but since we are at private school he would be expelled right away if he broke a rule. If I were you I would treasure the treatment you’re getting from him now. We’re practically invisible!” Siwon grinned. 

Leeteuk sighed and nodded. “I guess you’re right...”

“But~?” Siwon asked in a sing song voice.

“It feels... weird.” Leeteuk said in a low voice.

Siwon stood still, smiling slyly at Leeteuk. Leeteuk didn’t notice before glancing up at Siwon after a moment of silence.

“YAH! Don’t stare at me like that!” Leeteuk yelled in surprise. “What is wrong with you?!”

“You like him, don’t you.” Siwon said slyly. It wasn’t meant as a question, but Leeteuk answered anyway.

“N-NO! I most certainly do not!” Leeteuk yelled and crossed his arms. “He is a bully and a bad person and he is stupid and weird and I don’t like him.” After finishing his sentence he frowned and pouted. 

Siwon gaped in response. Before Leeteuk could come up with a rude comment on Siwon’s reaction, he was quickly pulled out of the room and into  a hallway stuffed with students. Once they were out in the hallway Siwon pulled Leeteuk close to whisper in his ear.

“You DO like him don’t you?” Siwon whispered into Leeteuk’s ear.

Leeteuk froze. He didn’t even want to think about it. The answer should be obvious. “N-no...” He whispered back.

“Then why are you stuttering?” Siwon asked.

“B-because... I...” Leeteuk’s words trailed off.

Siwon chuckled softly. “I knew it. But Jung Soo, be careful. He might just be nice to you because he has to.” 

“Ahem!” 

Siwon and Leeteuk’s hug broke at someone’s loud cough. They both turned to see Kibum wearing an angered expression. He then looked at Siwon and smiled sweetly while fluttering his eyelashes. “Siwon, shall we go eat breakfast?” 

Siwon smiled back and nodded. “Sure.” He then turned to face Leeteuk and smiled. “Are you coming?” 

Leeteuk glanced at Kibum, who was glaring at him. Leeteuk flinched in shock and looked back at Siwon, who was smiling at him, before nodding hesitantly. 

 

What the boys didn’t know was that Kibum wasn’t the only one who was eyeing Leeteuk and Siwon while they were hugging.

~~

 

“What class do you have next?” Siwon asked Leeteuk as they walked down the corridors. 

“Lab. And you?”

“Ah, bummer...” Siwon muttered and pouted. “I have Chinese class.”

Leeteuk raised an eyebrow at his friend. “But, you know I don’t take Chinese.”

“I know, but it was worth a shot.” Siwon replied and smiled warmly.

“No, it wasn’t.” Leeteuk chuckled before entering his classroom, while Siwon kept walking towards his.

-

 

As always, Leeteuk came to class earlier then most of the students. In the classroom there were several desks for two people each, and on the desks there were different tools and equipments. He sat down up front and brought up his textbook to read and be prepared for what they were going to do. Slowly more and more students started entering the classroom. The last person to enter the classroom sat down next to Leeteuk, but the latter didn’t notice since he was busy reading the textbook.

“Did you sleep well last night?”

Leeteuk felt a hot breath tickle his ear and neck as the person next to him whispered softly. He whipped his head to face the person who had just spoken. It was the one and only Kim Young-Woon. Leeteuk immediately looked back down at his book as he felt a blush creeping up his cheeks. “I slept fine.” He spat in a whisper as he pretended to read. “Why are you sitting here?!” 

Kangin raised his eyebrows in surprise, but he quickly switched back to his bad boy image. 

 

Kangin raised his eyebrows in surprise, but he quickly switched back to his bad boy image. “This was the only available seat. Does my presence bother you?” He said arrogantly.

“Yeah.” Leeteuk spat back. 

Kangin unconsciously placed his hand on the left side of his chest. It hurt. It felt like Leeteuk’s words had stabbed him right there, in his heart. It became quiet between them. Leeteuk couldn’t even concentrate nor read his book, and he didn’t even notice that he was still on the same page. Why isn’t he fighting back?! Maybe I hurt his feelings? No. He doesn’t have feelings... Right? Leeteuk thought and shook his head. They sat there in silence as the teacher walked in. 

“Good morning, class!” He chirped.

The whole class stood up and answered, “Good morning, mr.Jung.” 

“You may take your seats.” Mr.Jung said. He was a short man with white hair and a white mustache. He was one of the nicer teachers, the one who didn’t get easily angry with his students. After taking role calls he told the class that they would be partnered up with the person they were sitting with, which meant that Kangin and Leeteuk had to be partners. 

“Okay, I want you all to mix the leafs with the powder. After that I want you to pour it into the blue liquid and then...” Mr.Jung spoke as he wrote down what to do on the board.

 

Leeteuk started peeling the leaves and putting them in a small glass, while kangin got the powder. 

“You can pour the powder in here now.” Leeteuk muttered without looking at Kangin. 

Kangin stepped closer to Leeteuk so their bodies touched. Leeteuk flinched and stared at Kangin.

“Wh-what are you doing?!” He stuttered.

Kangin stared at him oddly and raised an eyebrow before pouring the powder into the small glass.

“O-oh...” Leeteuk mumbled and stepped away.

“Why are you blushing? You look like a tomato.” Kangin said without emotion as read the blackboard.

Leeteuk gaped before cupping his cheeks. “!” He said under his breath as he felt his hot cheeks. He then saw Kangin chuckling at him. “What?!” Leeteuk spat, still cupping his cheeks.

“I find it amusing when you curse!” He said and grinned. “You’re so innocent, which makes it weird!”

Leeteuk felt his cheeks get hotter. He opened and closed his mouth several times, not knowing what to say. He ended up puffing his cheeks in irritation, which made Kangin chuckle even more. Leeteuk shot him a glare, but it didn’t stop him.

“Park, you are too cute!” Kangin chuckled. Leeteuk froze at his spot and stared at Kangin. Suddenly Kangin could hear what he had just said replay in his head. Did I just say that? He thought. The both stared at each other for a moment that felt like eternity. Leeteuk wanted to look away, but he couldn’t. He just waited for Kangin to say something. Something mean, mocking or insulting so everything could go back to normal.

 

But Kangin stayed quiet. Suddenly a smile crept up his face. Not like a smirk or evil grin, but a warm smile. Leeteuk flinched and felt his body shiver. Why was he acting so warm and friendly? Why wasn’t he taking back what he said? Leeteuk thought. 

“Park?” Kangin started. 

“Go on, get back to work!” Mr.Jung interrupted and clapped his hands, which made both Leeteuk and Kangin flinch and snap out of their silent moment. “You two lovebirds can flirt around later. Right now I want you to finish your experiment! Half the class is almost done already!” Mr.Jung shot them a strict look before continuing to other students.

Leeteuk’s jaw dropped. He couldn’t believe that their teacher had just referred to them as ‘lovebirds’, and also in front of the whole class! Though, no one seemed to react to it, he felt embarrassed. Kangin, on the other hand, didn’t seem bothered by it at all. He had already started mixing some blue liquid with what they had made so far. Leeteuk felt his heart pound as e stared at Kangin. He couldn’t understand why he was feeling this way. Not too long ago he used to hate this person and despise everything about him, but now things felt different. Why? Maybe it was out pure embarrassment from the other night’s events. 

Leeteuk flinched as he felt a hand on his shoulder. He snapped out of his thoughts to right into Kangin’s eyes. Kangin was stand right in front of him with his palm on Leeteuk’s shoulder. “Jung-Soo? Are you alright? Why aren’t you answering?” He asked as he shook Leeteuk’s shoulder lightly.

After that Leeteuk felt he had had just about enough. Without a word he pushed Kangin’s hand off him and stormed out of the classroom.