Chapter 17

KangTeuk lovestory

 

[A/N: I just wanna apologize for the crappy chapter before hand... Uh, yeah you're probably not gonna find this interesting but it has to be here. More events coming up soon! :D Also I wanna apologize for updating late again and again. I always remember, but there is too much going on to make time for it. And I will be gone for about two weeks, so I might not update at all :-( Sorry! But I when I come back, I'll continue! ;-) 
And don't worry! Main focus is always on KangTeuk <3 Love you!!!]

 

“Are you going to the basketball game?” Kangin asked as Leeteuk was freshening up in the bathroom.

“Of course I am. It’s Siwon’s big game.” Leeteuk chirped as he fixed his hair and looked in the mirror.

“He’s had many...” Kangin muttered.

“Well, I can only go to the ones at our school. This will be my first time seeing him play in a tournament.” Leeteuk stated. “Aren’t you going?” 

“No, I can’t.” Kangin muttered. He was lying dead on his bed, his back facing the ceiling. 

“Why not?” Leeteuk asked with concern. 

“Because some bastard knocked me down with the bathroom door.”

Leeteuk mouthed an ‘o’ and walked out of the bathroom to sit next to Kangin on his bed. He rubbed his back as he spoke. “So, you’re going to stay here all alone the whole evening?”

“No,” Kangin mumbled. “Yesung will come over with his Wookie.” Kangin chuckled at his own joke.

Leeteuk didn’t get the joke and just frowned. “Okay... Have fun then.” He said as he got up to leave. “Say hi to Ryeowook from me!” He chirped and left out the door.

~~

 

“Leeteuk! HI!!” 

Leeteuk turned around to see Kibum waving and running towards him. He was already on his way into the school’s big basketball hall. There were already a lot of people there on their way inside. There were security people there as well, who made sure people sat in their right seat.

“Hey, Kibum!” Leeteuk smiled as the other boy reached him. “Are you ready for Siwon’s big game?”

“Am I?!” Kibum almost started jumping with excitement. “Shall we go in together?” He practically dragged Leeteuk’s arm towards the entrance.

“Oh, no... I can’t. Just go ahead and I’ll meet you inside, since we sit next to each other.” Leeteuk smiled assuringly.

“Okay...” Kibum almost pouted, but turned towards the door again before glancing at Leeteuk. “Where are you going?”

“I’m just gonna wish Siwonnie good luck.” Leeteuk said as he was walking towards the locker rooms.

Kibum narrowed his eyes at Leeteuk.

-

 

*KNOCK! KNOCK!*

 

 

Leeteuk knocked on the door to Siwon’s teams’ locker room with Kibum eagerly standing right beside him. The latter had practically begged on his knees to join Leeteuk and wish Siwon good luck.

The door opened and revealed the coach. He was tall and skinny though, with muscles and he was wearing a big gray sweatshirt with matching pants. He looked exhausted and agitated. “What do you want?! Our game is starting soon!” He spat with a cold voice. Though the team had won most of their games, nothing could replace the feeling of being the best, which was probably why he was grumpy. 

“We just want to have a word with Siwon.” Leeteuk smiled and bowed at the coach. Kibum, who had been standing pale and frozen after the coach’s outburst, flinched at Leeteuk’s movements, but bowed as well.

The coach glared at them and the closed the door.

Kibum exhaled loud and deeply as if he had been holding his breath after the door was closed. “Phew! Leeteuk, let’s just go. I actually made him a sign, so we don’t need to wish him luck.” Kibum said nervously as he was nudging Leeteuk’s arm.

“You can go ahead, Kibum.” Leeteuk said and patted Kibum’s shoulder. “But, I’ll wait here. See you inside!”

Kibum pouted and puffed his cheeks in annoyance. “Fine! I’ll stay here too then.” He stated and crossed his arms. Leeteuk looked at the other boy and raised his eyebrow before looking back at the door. The door opened and Siwon stepped out, closing the door behind him.

 

“Si-” Leeteuk started, but was interrupted by Kibum.

“SIWON!!” Kibum shouted and jumped into Siwon’s arms, wrapping his arms around his neck. Siwon’s eyes widened in surprise and he almost fell over, but he was saved by the closed door behind him and gained balance. “I’ve missed you!” Kibum whispered into Siwon’s ear.

Leeteuk stepped back and took a look at the two while raising his eyebrow. He had noticed that they were getting closer and closer, and that Kibum got more and more attached (Literally attached!) to Siwon. 

Siwon broke the hug with Kibum and chuckled a little as the latter pouted at him. Siwon then turned to face Leeteuk and smiled brightly. Leeteuk smiled back and spread his arms. “Hi, Siwon.” Siwon walked over to Leeteuk and hugged him tightly. 

“Ahem!” Their hug broke almost immediately as Kibum interrupted, as always. “We came to wish you luck, Siwonnie!” He chirped.

“O-oh... Thank you.” Siwon stuttered as he looked at Kibum. He wasn’t used to people other than Leeteuk called him ‘Siwonnie’. To him it was actually kind of embarrassing, which was why Leeteuk enjoyed calling him that. 

Kibum noticed Siwon’s change of mood and spoke up. “What’s wrong, Siwonnie?”

 

“Uh, yeah...” Siwon replied as he scratched the back of his neck. “Can you not call me that?”

“Call you what?” Kibum asked confusedly as he cocked his head to the side.

“Siwonnie.” Siwon said.

Kibum looked hurt after he registered what Siwon had just said. “B-but, Leeteuk calls you that all the time...”

Siwon looked away. “Yeah, but that’s different-” 

“Different how?” Kibum asked quickly. He looked heart-broken.

Leeteuk took a few steps back. “I think I’ll just go take my seat... Good luck, Siwon!” He said and turned around to walk away.

Siwon sighed. “Kibum, ‘Siwonnie’ is the most embarrassing nickname I have.” Siwon stated without emotion. “Teukie is the only one who calls me that. And do you wanna know why he is the only one?”

Kibum didn’t answer. He was just staring dumbfounded at Siwon. “He is the only one who calls me that because he has known me my whole life and he knows that I hate being called that.” He stated, sounding annoyed. He was already nervous about a basketball game and now he to deal with this.

Kibum stepped towards Siwon. “Okay. I’m sorry I overreacted.” He said and once he was only a foot away from Siwon, he bowed his head in sign of shame and regret.

Siwon sighed in surrender and palmed Kibum’s shoulder. “Don’t worry about it. I’m just nervous about the game.” 

Kibum looked up at Siwon and smiled, a smile which Siwon returned. Siwon then pulled Kibum into a tight embrace. “Oh, by the way...” He whispered into Kibum’s ear. “I missed you too.”

Kibum felt his cheeks get hot as he broke the hug. He looked up into Siwon’s eyes. “I guess I’ll go now. I’ll be cheering for you.” He smiled and tiptoed to give Siwon a peck on his cheek before quickly walking away.

-

 

Siwon was inhaling and exhaling nervously as him and his team mates were waiting for the doors to open. Even though they had played many games before, it was different now. Now they were at their school and their friends would be seeing them. Though, for Siwon, the worst thing that could happen would be that they lost in their own home-field. 

His coach patted his shoulder. “You’ll do alright, Choi. Don’t worry.” Siwon nodded back and smiled in appreciation.

“Yeah! We’ll win as long as we have Siwon here!” One of his team mates cheered. Others joining in to cheer him up. “Yeah, he’s our star player!” Another one smacked Siwon’s back. Siwon’s mood was actually brightening up.“Come on, Siwon! Ride ‘em, horsy!” Another boy yelled. And Siwon’s mood went back down again.