Chapter 16.2

KangTeuk lovestory

[A/N: 

okay..... sorry for late update AGAIN xD

uhm.... I really do not know if I like this chapter.... But I hope you guys do. You might think I'm speeding thing up, but I hope you don't. Uhh.... there will be more events and other couples coming up soon :-) 

I don’t want to confuse you so, yeah... It’s November, which means it’s about 2-3 months later, okay? :-) Your comments make my day! Thank you, all my readers! <3 ]

 

 

Leeteuk and Kangin had been awkward with each other ever since the night Leeteuk had dreamt about Kangin, and the latter finding him in the shower.  November had come and up until now they were still not talking. They would avoid being together alone, though it would be a little difficult since they are room mates, but they tried. And they failed. It seemed like whenever they tried to avoid being alone together, they would either meet in the hallway or be lab partners, or something like that. 

The school’s basketball team were in the middle of many tournaments and this weekend the tournament would be at Saint Michael’s private school. Saint Michael’s basketball team had won most of the games with Choi Siwon was their star player. In addition to being the school’s star player, Siwon and Kibum had become real close, and of course, Kibum got front-row tickets to the game, as well as Leeteuk.

-

 

*RING! RING! RING!*

 

Leeteuk and Kangin sat up quickly at the same time. They both glanced at each other and jumped out of bed and ran towards the bathroom. Kangin reached the bathroom first by only a second and tried to close the door, but Leeteuk wouldn’t let him and grabbed the door.

“YAH! Kangin-ah! I need to freshen up!” Leeteuk said as he tried to pull the door open.

“Well, so do I! I need to shower! Now, let go of the door!” Kangin answered. He was barely using any strength while pulling the door and he could easily close the door without much strength, but he chose not to.

“So do I!” Leeteuk almost whined as he was stressing.

“Fine! Why don’t you shower with me then?” Kangin said with a sarcastic, but sincere voice and stared Leeteuk straight in the eyes.

*BAM!* 

Leeteuk had let go off the door unconsciously because he was really surprised, and the door was slammed right on Kangin’s forehead.

“OUCH!” Kangin yelled as he stumbled backwards. Leeteuk flinched and cupped his mouth. Kangin stumbled and fell hard on the bathroom’s marble floor. It didn’t take long before Leeteuk was  on his knees at Kangin’s side. “OMO! Kangin-ah, I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to! Are you okay?!” 

 

Kangin slowly sat himself up and leaned on the wall. “Ow... My head...” He mumbled as he palmed his forehead.

“I’m really sorry, Young-Woon! I didn’t mean for it to happen, I just...” He trailed of as Kangin stared into his eyes. The latter’s eyes looked so pure and innocent.

“Park?” He said.

Leeteuk nodded in response.

“Do you really hate me this much?” He asked sounding exhausted. His eyes looked watery and upset.

Leeteuk felt words get stuck in his throat, though he didn’t even know what he wanted to say. He ended up shaking his head.

Kangin flashed a smile and looked away. Then there was silence.

“Uh... You can shower first... I’ll wait.” Leeteuk suggested and was about to get up.

“No, I don’t think I can go to class. My head is spinning like crazy. Will you tell the teachers for me?” Kangin said and looked at Leeteuk.

Leeteuk sat back down and leaned closer to Kangin. “Let me see your forehead...” He said softly and took hold of Kangin’s hand and moved it away from his forehead. Leeteuk looked at the bright pink bump on Kangin’s forehead. He gently caressed it with his index finger to feel how big the bump was.

“OUCH!” Kangin yelped and flinched. “Please... Don’t touch it...” He said softly.

Leeteuk quickly moved his hand away. “S-sorry...” He muttered. He noticed his hand was still entwined with Kangin’s and quickly removed it. “You go lie down and I’ll go tell the nurse, okay?” He said and got up.

-

 

“We normally don’t let students pass the whole day for physical injuries such as these, but considering how you’re feeling, I will let you this time.” The nurse said to Kangin, who was lying on his bed while holding an icepack to his forehead. The nurse had written down something on a small piece of paper and handed it to Kangin. “Here. Just show this to your teachers if they write you up for not attending class today.” 

“Thank you, ma’am.” Kangin replied softly.

She smiled and patted his shoulder before getting up from Kangin’s bedside. She gave Leeteuk a piece of paper as well. “This will excuse you from your first lesson since you had a good reason for not attending. Remember, it only excuses your first lesson, not the whole day.” The nurse said and Leeteuk bowed and watched as she left. Leeteuk sighed and looked at the note he had received before glancing at his clock. “I have time...” He mumbled to himself.

“Leeteuk?” Kangin almost whispered.

 

“Huh?” Leeteuk looked over at Kangin in surprise. He had never called him Leeteuk before. He could feel his cheeks getting hot. But why?

“Can you come sit next to me?” Kangin’s eyes were closed as he spoke.

Leeteuk hesitated for a moment, but eventually he got his feet to move towards Kangin’s bed and slowly sat down next to Kangin. 

“Since we have a little time, I feel there is something I would like to share with you...” Kangin started with low, but soft voice.

Leeteuk gulped, not knowing what to expect. “Uh... um... w-what?” He whispered. 

“Park, we have known each other for a while.”Kangin inhaled and exhaled deeply before continuing. “Did you know that I have always admired you?”

Leeteuk flinched in surprise and Kangin chuckled lightly at his reaction. “I’ll take that as a ‘no’ then...” Leeteuk blushed and bowed his head as Kangin continued. “You’re always so nice and caring towards others, even if they don’t like you. I guess that’s why you had, and still have, so many friends. You make good grades and you even tutor people.You come from a well-off family and...” Kangin sighed. “And your parents love you.” 

Leeteuk glanced over at Kangin. “I doubt that they love me much right now, though...” He muttered.

“But you have everything a kid could ask for. I don’t think you know how lucky you are.” Kangin stated, still in a low voice, but colder this time.

Leeteuk stared at Kangin. He didn’t know if he was being insulted because of Kangin’s change of voice. “What do you mean?” Leeteuk said as flatly as he could

“My life has always been crappy. I have always had problems in school, whether it’s in a subject or socially.” Kangin spoke up. “My parents are not well-off. At all! My dad has always had short temper and would always vent his anger on me, my mom and or my sister.” Kangin said loudly. His eyes were now squeezed shut. 

“K-Kangin-ah,-” Leeteuk tried to make him stop, but he was interrupted.

“My dad left when I was about 10 because he couldn’t handle me anymore! He literally left because of me! He hated me! I make bad grades and I put my family to shame. Before my dad left, we actually had it pretty good, or so it looked from the outside. After he left, all my mom does is clean other people’s homes or what-not! She scolds me for everything and she blames me for everything!”

He gripped his hair in frustration, though he knew that he had to let it all out. He wanted Leeteuk to know. “I have always had a short temper, but it all worsened after my dad left. I vent my anger out on my mom and my sister. I vent my anger on most people, but I...” He sighed. “Leeteuk?” 

Leeteuk, who was now shedding tears, looked over at Kangin and sniffled. “Yes?”

 

Kangin sat up straight and looked Leeteuk in the eyes, tears running down his cheeks as well. “For some reason I could never vent my anger out on you. Even if it was you I was mad at. Sure, I once made my friends do it for me and for that I am terribly sorry.” He sighed and sniffled. “You’re so... good. I’m not, but I want to be. I used to feel so broken inside, but ever since we became room mates, I’ve felt... better.” He put on a weak smile. “It actually made me really happy when I found out we were going to be room mates...”

Leeteuk smiled back at him and caressed his cheek. “Young-Woon-ah....” He whispered.

“I just...” Kangin sighed heavily. “Can... can we be friends, please?” He asked softly and looked Leeteuk in the eyes.

Leeteuk grinned widely and hugged Kangin tightly. Kangin’s eyes widened in surprise, but he soon hugged Leeteuk back and leaned his head on the latter’s shoulder. “Of course we can be friends, Young-Woon-ah.” Leeteuk sniffled. “I never knew all of this about you.”

“You’re now the only one who knows except my family and Yesung.” Kangin said as his breath tickled Leeteuk’s shoulder.

Leeteuk slowly pulled away and both boys felt the warmth of the other person disappear uncomfortably. He looked at Kangin and smiled as he wiped his face with is hand. Kangin did the same. “Let’s try to start over. From scratch.” Leeteuk suggested.

Kangin smiled and nodded. “Sure.”

* * *

 

[A/N: KangTeuk are friends! YAY!!!! :D Are you happy now? I really hope you are... And sorry if you feel that I was rushing things. :-( Love y’all! ]