Chapter 28

KangTeuk lovestory

 

“I don’t remember you being so quiet.” Kangin’s father, Kim Doo-Joon, said as they drove.

 

Kangin had kept quiet since he got in the car. He didn’t know what to say to his father, his long gone father. To him, this man was barely worthy of the title ‘father’. His father was the one person he could actually say he was scared of. Once he saw his father he froze.

 

“Yah!” Doo-Joon said and patted Kangin’s shoulder and shook him a little. “Can you hear me?” 

 

Kangin pushed his father’s hand off his shoulder lightly and stared out the window of the  car.

 

Doo-Joon sighed and retracted his hand. “Young-Woon-ah, you know you can’t ignore me forever.” He muttered and glanced over at his son.

 

Kangin inhaled and exhaled. He didn’t want to listen.

 

“Look, I know you’re probably having mixed emotions right now, but I promise you; things are going to get much better from now on.” He said and smiled.

 

Kangin raised an eyebrow in disbelief. He looked outside the window and started studying the way they were driving. Suddenly something dawned on him. “You’re driving the wrong way.” He muttered.

 

Doo-Joon looked at Kangin and smiled. “No, we’re not. I’m pretty sure I know the way better than you.”

 

Kangin stared at his father dumbfounded and then out the window again. “No, this is the wrong way. You’ve been gone for so long, you wouldn’t know.” Kangin stated.

 

“Young-Woon,” His father said and gained eye contact from Kangin. “This is the right way, trust me.”

 

Kangin frowned. “Mom’s house isn’t even in this area!” He stated.

 

 

“Not your mom’s house.” Doo-Joon said.

 

 “Wait, where are you taking me?” Kangin asked with wide eyes, panic rising inside him.

 

“No to your mom’s house that’s for sure.” Doo-Joon said jokingly, though his expression showed only seriousness. 

 

“But, I live there!” Kangin said.

 

“Not anymore.” Doo-Joon stated.

 

“WHAT?! WHY?!” Kangin exclaimed. 

 

Doo-Joon sighed. “I’ll explain it later. All you need to know is that you’ll be living with me and that you’re in good hands. Just don’t try to run home, your mom lives pretty far away.” He said and winked at his son.

 

Kangin’s jaw dropped. “Did you say I’m in ‘good hands’? You abandoned our family! I’d rather stay with mom!” 

 

“First of all; yes, you are in good hands. Second of all; that was then this is now. Get over it. And third; Yoonji is not in a good state and I think you would change your mind about staying with here anyway.” Doo-Joon stated.

 

“Try me. I’ll gladly stay with mom. I’ve had to take care of here ever since you left anyway.” Kangin said and crossed his arms.

 

“Yeah, if anyone catches you with Yoonji, they’ll take you away from her and you’ll be put in a foster home. And what do you mean ‘you took care of her’?! Young-Woon-ah, can you look me in the eyes and tell me honestly that you took care of Yoonji?” Doo-Joon asked and stared Kangin in the eyes.

 

Kangin immediately looked away from his father. “Well, at least I did a better job than you did...” He mumbled, unaware that Doo-Joon had heard.

 

Doo-Joon glanced at Kangin and raised his eyebrows in shock. “Young-Woon-ah...” He sighed.

-

 

“This is your room. You can just put your stuff here and unpack later.” Doo-Joon said as he opened the door to Kangin’s new room. 

 

Kangin gaped when he saw his new room, it was so big and spacey. He carried his things into the room and placed them on the floor. He turned around to see his father smiling proudly at him. “So, who do I share rooms with?” He asked while trying to sound less excited. 

 

“No one. This is your own room.” Doo-Joon said and smiled warmly. 

 

Kangin nodded and tried to hold his grin. Suddenly Leeteuk’s face appeared in his mind and he felt saddened. “Um, dad?” He started. “Or... Doo-Joon...?”

 

Doo-Joon stepped closer and ruffled Kangin’s hair. “Dad is fine. What’s up?”

 

“What school am I going to now?” Kangin asked whiled shoving his dad’s hand from his head.

 

"The same school as you used to go to. Seould High, I believe?" Doo-Joon said nad recieved a nod from Kangin.

 

“Come on! Let me show you the rest of the house.” Doo-Joon said started out the room with Kangin following closely behind. 

 

‘I wonder if Jung-Soo was expelled... And if he was, will he be going to Seoul High again?’ Kangin thought.

 

After going through the whole house, Doo-Joon led Kangin into the living room. “Yeobo, look who’s here!” Doo-Joon yelled.

 

Kangin looked up and saw a woman getting up from the couch and walking towards them.

 

“Oh my gosh! You’re finally here!” She chirped as she reached Kangin. She hugged him tightly before pulling away to examine his face. “Wow! You’re much taller than I though, and more handsome too!” She said and smiled

warmheartedly at Kangin.

 

“Uh, thank you.” Kangin chuckled nervously. “Wh-who are you?”

 

“I’m Kim Minyoung, your father’s wife and your stepmother.” She said and smiled warmheartedly.

 

Kangin looked at the pretty lady from head to toe, then to his father. “Stepmom? Already?” He muttered.

 

“Young-Woon,” His father sighed and patted Kangin’s back. “As I said; you are in good hands now.”

 

“I will do my best to be a good mother to you, Young-Woon-ah.” Minyoung smiled. 

 

Kangin gulped and nodded, it was all too much for him. 

 

Suddenly the three of them heard mumbling coming from the living room.

 

Minyoung gasped and clapped her hands and smiled brightly at Kangin. “Young-Woon-ah, there is someone we would like you to meet.” She said and walked into the living room.

 

Kangin hesitantly followed her and Doo-Joon.

 

Minyoung picked up a toddler and carried him over to Kangin. “This is your baby brother. His name is Kyungsan.” She said and handed the toddler to Kangin.

 

“Omo...” Kangin muttered and stared at the child with wide eyes. He gently pushed Kyungsan back to his mother without holding him yet. “I... I can’t.” He said and smiled apologetically.

 

“Don’t worry, son!” Doo-Joon said and patted Kangin’s back. “You will get used to him, you have lots of time. He is very kind and calm.” 

 

Kangin sighed. “Uh... Thank you.” He bowed at his father and stepmother. It felt like he had just been placed at a foster family. “I think I’ll go to my room and unpack.” He said nervously and retreated towards his room.

 

“Okay. What do you want to eat?” Minyoung asked.

 

Kangin turned to look at her with an confused expression. “Are you asking me?” He asked and pointed to himself.

 

“Yes, of course, I’m asking you, silly!” Minyoung giggled.

 

Never in Kangin’s life had anyone asked him about his opinion. “Um... anything, really.” He shrugged.

 

“Ramyun noodles?” Minyoung asked.

 

“Yeah, sure.” Kangin said and smiled nervously. 

 

“Okay. I’ll call you when the food is ready!” Minyoung chirped and handed Kyungsan to Doo-Joon before heading for the kitchen.

 

Kangin went into his room and sat down on his bed. “Wow...” He whispered to himself. “This must be a dream.”

 

-----------------------------------

A/N:

Didn't I post this chapter before? Anyway, I'll update again to day so stay tuned!!!!