Chapter 36

KangTeuk lovestory

A/N:

Hi, guys!

No more excuses. This story has been ready for you guys for a while, but you know; lazy author is lazy. 

No, I'm joking! xD ofc, I am lazy, but I honestly haven't had time to update. We litterally have tests and hand-ins every week, so I have to put my main focus on school. It's just life. You go to school for many years and then you work until you die T-T 

LOL! just kidding! sorry! I'm so tired! gym tomorrow :P aish! alright! 

Goodnight, lovlies! <3

Btw,

HAPPY NEW YEAR! (I know it's late, but it's better than never ;)

&

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Doo-Joon,” Kangin bowed as he greeted his father in the hallway. 

 

“You’ve certainly gotten polite.” Doo-Joon chuckled. “Come here, you!” He said and gave Kangin a half hug before ruffling the latter’s hair. “Minyoung said you brought a friend over. Now, I don’t know what kind of threat you gave him to make him come here...” 

 

“Yah!” Kangin glared at his laughing dad. “I didn’t threaten anybody! Aish!” 

 

“I’m just joking.” Doo-Joon chuckled. “Now let me meet the fellow!” He put an arm around Kangin’s shoulder and started for the living room. 

 

Kangin took his fathers arm of his shoulder as he stopped walking. “No, wait.” He muttered as he held on to his father’s wrist. Doo-Joon turned around to face his son with a raised eyebrow. 

 

“There is something I need to tell you about my friend.” Kangin said as he let go of Doo-Joon’s wrist.

 

“What is it?” Doo-Joon asked worriedly and stepped closer to his son. “Is he sick?” 

 

“No, he’s fine.” Kangin said and averted his gaze from his father. He took at deep breath and huffed it out again before looking up into his father’s eyes. “Leeteuk and I are dating.” He said while looking Doo-Joon straight in the eyes. 

 

Doo-Joon’s eyes widened. “Huh?” He blurted out as he stared at Kangin in confusion. “I thought it was a boy...?” 

 

Kangin sighed. “Leeteuk is my boyfriend.” He said. His eyes never left Doo-Joon’s eyes.

 

Doo-Joon raised his eyebrows at Kangin and studied the latter’s expression. He straightened himself and placed his hands on his hips. “Are you serious?” He asked and looked at Kangin skeptically. 

 

Kangin nodded. “Yeah.” 

 

“Hm,” Doo-Joon averted his gaze from Kangin as he rubbed his chin in thought. “I never knew you were gay.” He muttered. 

 

“I’M NOT!” Kangin blurted out.

 

Doo-Joon flinched and frowned at Kangin. “No need to yell. You’re dating a boy for-”

 

“I only like him.” Kangin stated. He tried his best at looking proud and confident so his blush would be unnoticeable.

 

Doo-Joon sighed. “Okay,” He said and shrugged. “As long as you know what you’re doing, and as long as you really love him.” He said and smiled at Kangin.

 

“So, you accept it?” Kangin asked with bright eyes. 

 

“Of course, of course!” Doo-Joon shrugged and smiled. “Love is love.” He said and patted Kangin’s shoulder. Kangin felt so relieved after his father’s response. 

 

Meanwhile, Sooyoung and Leeteuk had decided to help Minyoung cook dinner since Kyungsan was asleep. Leeteuk was cutting different vegetables and Sooyoung was collecting them and cooking them. None of the three noticed the two males entering the kitchen. Leeteuk flinched and turned around when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He was even more surprised when he was pulled into a hug by a complete stranger. 

 

“Wow! I never thought I’d meet my son-in-law this early, nor did I expect him to be my son’s lover!” Doo-Joon said and patted Leeteuk’s back after releasing him. 

 

Leeteuk’s eyes widened as he was stunned and unprepared for such a greeting. Words got stuck in his throat and he could only open and close his mouth without a single word leaving his lips.

 

“Ah, so he’s the quiet type?” Doo-Joon said jokingly and nudged Kangin’s shoulder. “I thought you liked noisy people!” 

 

“Oh! You’re dating?” Minyoung asked and looked from Leeteuk to Kangin. 

 

Leeteuk flinched and his heart raced like never before. “N-”

 

“Yup! And they’re pretty serious about it too.” Doo-Joon said and crossed his arms while smirking at the two boys.

 

“Really?!” Minyoung gasped. “Aw! But Leeteuk is the perfect son-in-law!” She said and clapped her hands together. She went over to cup Leeteuk’s cheeks while looking the latter straight in the eyes. “You seem like such a sweetheart. You can call me mother from now on!” 

 

Leeteuk felt like fainting. Was this a dream? How could Kangin’s parents possibly accept that their son was dating a boy?! 

 

Leeteuk’s stress and worries decreased throughout the day when he got to know Kangin’s family a little better. They were not too weird, they actually seemed like pretty good people. Leeteuk loved the fact that they supported Kangin and Sooyoung no matter what, despite the fact that they had not even lived together for a year. He felt very comfortable with the Kim family and he felt welcomed. But, soon enough the time for him to go home came. He received a pat on the pack from Doo-Joon, a hug and a kiss on the cheek from Minyoung, and a handshake and a bow from Sooyoung.

 

“Bye, Jung-Soo.” Kangin said and hugged Leeteuk tightly. Leeteuk closed his eyes as he hugged Kangin back and nuzzled himself closer to Kangin’s neck. 

 

As they pulled away from each other Leeteuk glanced into Kangin’s eyes before looking down at his feet. He sighed. “Young-Woon-ah?” 

 

“Yeah,”

 

“Our family has this tradition on New Years eve where we invite all our friends over and celebrate. It is really fun actually!” Leeteuk grinned sheepishly at Kangin. “So, I wondered if you would like to come?” 

 

“Yeah, sure. I’ll come.” Kangin said coolly and shrugged.

 

“Alright, then I’ll see you then?” Leeteuk said as he started to back away while still facing Kangin.

 

“Yup.” Kangin said and pursed his lips into a cheeky grin. 

 

“Well, um... have a good night.” Leeteuk was about to turn around and walk out of the Kim’s yard when he felt a hand on his hip, pulling him back and turning him back around.

 

Kangin held Leeteuk by the waist and looked at him with a smile. “Aren’t you forgetting something?” 

 

“What?” Leeteuk breathed. 

 

“This.” Kangin said before he captured Leeteuk’s lips with his own. Leeteuk felt butterflies in his stomach as Kangin’s lips moved against his. As Kangin started to pull away Leeteuk was too happy to think twice and stood on his toes pressing his lips to Kangin’s, to prevent the kiss from breaking. Kangin smiled into the kiss at Leeteuk’s actions. 

 

When the the kiss finally broke, Leeteuk sighed contently before waving and saying, “Bye.” Kangin stood in the doorframe, smiling for himself until Leeteuk was out of sight. 

~~

 

Kangin and Leeteuk didn’t see each other again before the New Year’s party, but they talked together on the phone a few times. Leeteuk had spent a lot of time with his family at home, but he also spent some time with his new and old friends. He had met Ryeowook and Yesung together at the mall and they seemed like such a happy couple. Even Yesung, who was carrying all of his and Ryeowook’s bags, seemed happy to do so for his boyfriend. Leeteuk thought it was cute, but he also couldn’t help but feel a slight tinge of jealousy when he saw the happy couple. But, despite all of that, Leeteuk still greeted them happily and made sure to give Ryeowook a tight bear-hug before they bid their goodbyes and wished each other happy holidays.

 

It was the day before the New Year’s party and Leeteuk finally had time to see his closest friends, Siwon and Donghae. They were hanging out at Siwon’s place and playing games in the living room. Leeteuk sat on the couch with Siwon, while Donghae sat on a big blue cushion. It was Siwon playing against Donghae. 

 

“You are coming to the New Year’s party tomorrow, right?” Leeteuk asked Siwon and elbowed the latter.

 

“Huh?” Siwon flinched. “Oh! Yeah, I guess so...” He mumbled as he was distracted by the game he was playing.

 

Leeteuk eyed his friend suspiciously. “Why would you not?”

 

“I...” Siwon started to think and as he was doing so, he started to smile as if he had just floated away with his thoughts. 

 

“Siwon, you’re gonna lose!” Donghae chirped.

 

“What?” Siwon blurted out. 

 

“YAY!” Donghae cheered as he jumped up and down with the controller in his hand. “I won! I won!” He then turned to Leeteuk with the cutest grin. “Teukie, did you see? I won!” 

 

“Yeah, I saw it. You did well, Donghae-ah.” Leeteuk chuckled and gave a high-five to Donghae.

 

“Siwon, you lost! Mehrong~” Donghae stuck his tongue out to Siwon and got ready to run, but both he and Leeteuk were surprised at what Siwon did next.

 

Siwon stood up and pulled Donghae into a tight warm hug. “Congratulations, Donghae-ah! You sure beat me bad! Hopefully I’ll do better next time!” He said happily and grinned as he released Donghae. 

 

Donghae grimaced as he stared at Siwon from head to toe, then he looked to Leeteuk and raised an eyebrow before looking back at Siwon. “What happened to you? Did you hurt your head or something?” He asked sarcastically. 

 

“No.” Siwon said and shrugged while still smiling.

 

Donghae went to sit next to Leeteuk just in case Siwon had gone mad. “What is wrong with him? Why is he not mad at me?” He asked Leeteuk. The latter shrugged as he also stared oddly at Siwon. 

 

Siwon had been acting abnormally happy throughout the day and it seemed like nothing could bring his mood down, hence why Leeteuk and Donghae were suspicious.

 

“Yah, Siwon-ah. I don’t know what happened to you to make you so cheerful, I just wondered if you are coming over tomorrow or not.” Leeteuk said as he eyed Siwon.

 

This time Siwon’s expression slightly fell. His happy expression was replaced by a more apologetic smile. “I think I will, but I can’t stay until midnight.” He said.

 

“What?! Why?” Leeteuk asked. “That’s the tradition we always keep! We stay up until midnight and set the fireworks before we celebrate.” 

 

“I know, I know! But I can’t...” Siwon muttered apologetically. 

 

“Why not?” Leeteuk pressed on. Ever since they were young, they had kept this tradition. 

 

“Because... I have to be somewhere.” Siwon said. The smile he had worn was all gone.

 

“Where?”

 

“Somewhere.” Siwon said flatly. 

 

Leeteuk sighed. “At your friends place? With your family?” 

 

“You don’t need to know.” 

 

“Why? Am I not your friend anymore?” Leeteuk asked, feeling slightly frustrated. 

 

“Yes, you are! But, you would not understand!” Siwon said and stared deeply into Leeteuk’s eyes. Just as the words had slipped from his mouth, his expression softened and almost looked sad. It was almost as if he regretted what he had said for he knew he was wrong. 

 

Leeteuk raised his eyebrows at Siwon in disbelief. “I would not understand? Fine.” He said and crossed his arms. “Anyway, Tiffany is going to be there so you might want to stay longer.” He smirked as he tried to persuade Siwon.

 

To Leeteuk and Donghae’s surprise, Siwon scowled. “And? Why would that make me want to stay longer?” He spat. Both Leeteuk and Donghae’s jaws dropped as they stared at Siwon. He would normally never speak like that of a person unless he hated them. But, before Leeteuk and Donghae could ask Siwon anything, the 

latter spoke again. 

 

“So, Donghae,” Siwon started as he sat himself next to Donghae on the couch. “How is your love life?” 

 

Donghae blinked as he stared at Siwon before hesitantly answering. “Um... it’s going well, I guess...” 

 

“Well?” Siwon smirked. “Details!” 

 

“Well, I... um...” Donghae mumbled and looked down at his lap.

 

“Yah! Siwonnie, why are you pestering the poor kid?” Leeteuk asked jokingly and leaned forward to flick Siwon’s forehead. 

 

“Ouch!” Siwon winced and rubbed his forehead. “I just asked him about his love life! Is that a crime now?!” 

 

“It is a crime if Donghae does not want to talk about it!” Leeteuk stuck his tongue out at Siwon. 

 

Siwon grimaced before looking back at the shrinking Donghae. “Hae-ah, tell us about your love life. Now.” 

 

“There is nothing really...” Donghae mumbled while fumbling with his fingers.

 

Leeteuk placed an arm around Donghae’s shoulder and pulled him closer. “You don’t have to say it if you don’t want to.” He said softly. 

 

Donghae looked up into Leeteuk’s eyes searchingly. “I’ll tell you, but... promise you won’t get mad, okay?”

 

Leeteuk frowned slightly as he looked back at Donghae. “Why would I get mad?”

 

Donghae looked down and fumbled with his fingers and shrugged. “I-I don’t know... I mean... um...” 

 

Siwon broke in with a cough. “Donghae *cough!* is dating *cough!* Eunhyuk *cough! cough!*” 

 

------------------------------------------

A/N:

Kangin's family approves! :D 

omo! Siwon, you tattletale! 

What is Siwon hiding from Teukie? :o