Chapter 34

KangTeuk lovestory

 

Leeteuk woke up feeling warmer and more comfortable than he ever had since he got home. With his eyes still closed, he could smell a familiar scent, which made him feel more relaxed. He scooted a bit closer towards the scent and placed his head on a warm pillow. He wrapped his arms around the big, warm pillow and snuggled closer to it. By the time he had fluttered his eyes open, he realized that it wasn’t a pillow. At all. It was none other than Kangin, who was sleeping deeply while snoring lightly. Leeteuk couldn’t help but giggle softly at the sight. Kangin looked so cute and peaceful where he was lying, sound asleep. Leeteuk had actually prepared a mattress for Kangin, but the latter must have snuck into Leeteuk’s bed in the middle of the night. Leeteuk flinched in surprise and scooted away as Kangin shifted in his sleep. Leeteuk felt even more surprised when he felt himself being pulled back into a warm hug. 

 

“Mmm... good morning.” Kangin mumbled into Leeteuk’s hair.

 

Leeteuk blinked before snuggling closer to Kangin and caressing his cheek. “Good morning to you too.”

 

Kangin felt full of bliss as he was lying with Leeteuk and all he could do was kiss the latter’s forehead and hold him tighter. “I love you, Jung Soo.”

 

Leeteuk felt his cheeks get hot. “I...”

 

*Knock! Knock!*

 

Kangin growled as the door to Leeteuk’s room creaked open and revealed a mortified looking Jessica. She looked at the huge lump under the blanket on Leeteuk’s bed, wondering wether it was Kangin or Leeteuk and refusing to believe it was both of them. Jessica glanced at the empty mattress on the floor and forced herself to the conclusion that Kangin had gone to the bathroom or just gone home. 

 

“Oppa?” She called as she walked towards the bed slowly.

 

“Hmm?” Leeteuk hummed.

 

Jessica smiled a little at her brother’s morning laziness. She crouched down beside the bed and patted what she thought was her brother’s side. “Oppa, there is a phone call for you.” She said softly.

 

“Hm?”  Kangin turned around and looked at Jessica through half-closed eyes.

 

Jessica’s eyes widened as she stumbled backwards and a squeak escaped her lips as she fell on her . “YAH! What are you doing in my brother’s bed?!” She piped while pointing an accusing finger at Kangin.

 

Kangin lifted himself and leaned on his shoulders while frowning at Jessica. Leeteuk popped up from beside Kangin with hazed eyes and bed-hair. “Don’t worry, Sica. I’m right here...” He mumbled.

 

Jessica cupped as her eyes grew wider. “Oh my God!” She squealed and backed away.

 

Leeteuk blinked before it all dawned on him. “Jessica! It’s not what it looks like!” He said and got up.

 

“Shirt!” Jessica yelled while covering her eyes and pointing at Leeteuk.

 

Leeteuk looked down and noticed that he was shirtless. He immediately embraced himself and looked up at his sister. “It’s not what it looks like!”

 

“Oh my gosh! Oppa!” Jessica shrieked as she ran out of the room.

 

Leeteuk quickly grabbed a pair of jeans and a shirt and apologized to Kangin before rushing out the door, leaving a slightly annoyed Kangin in his bed. Leeteuk ran down the stairs as he fiddled with his zipper. He ran into the kitchen and found his sister leaning on the kitchen counter with her arms crossed.

 

Leeteuk sighed as he approached his sister. “Jessica?”

 

Instead of looking up and answering her brother, all Jessica did was point towards the phone on the counter. Leeteuk glanced at his sister before picking up the phone and holding it by his ear.

 

“This is Park Jung Soo speaking.” He said. He blushed slightly as he heard female giggles from the other line. 

 

“Hi, Leeteuk~!” The girl chirped.

 

“Wh-who is this?” Leeteuk asked after glancing at the phone only to see an unknown phone number. 

 

The female gasped. “Omo! Has oppa forgotten about me already? It has only been a day!”

 

“T-Taeyeon-ah?” Leeteuk asked a bit confused.

 

“Yup! I was afraid you had forgotten me already.” Taeyeon said and chuckled lightly. 

 

“Oh! No, never.” Leeteuk assured. “How are you doing?”

 

“I’m good. And you?”

 

“I’m good too. I just woke up.” Leeteuk said and scratched his nape.

 

“Do you remember when I said we should hang out while you’re still here?” 

 

“Of course!” Leeteuk chuckled. “You seem to think my memory is really bad!”

 

Taeyeon laughed. “I’m sorry... Let me make it up to you. Do you want to go out to the park with me?”

 

“Um...” Leeteuk thought for a moment; he liked Taeyeon a lot and she seemed like a good friend, but he still wasn’t too sure about this. Besides, Kangin was still upstairs and as his boyfriend, who got him expelled without a word, Leeteuk felt that he owed Kangin some time. “I’m not sure...”

 

“Aw! Oppa, come on!” Taeyeon chirped. “It will be fun. I promise!” 

 

“Uh, T-Taeyeon, I-”

 

Leeteuk was interrupted by a hand on his shoulder and a familiar voice coming from behind him. “Jung Soo?”

 

Leeteuk let out the most unmanly squeal as he jumped and clutched on to the phone with both hands. He turned around quickly to face an amused looking Kangin. Leeteuk didn’t know how he was supposed to react. Part of him was angry because he got so scared and now he was all shaky, but another part of him couldn’t get mad at Kangin. The latter looked so handsome while trying to hold his grin. Leeteuk snapped out of his thoughts as Kangin’s loud laughter echoed through the whole kitchen.

 

“Wh-what?” Leeteuk stuttered, a bit taken aback. 

 

“Omo!” Kangin laughed as he held his abdomen while laughing.

 

“What is so funny?” Leeteuk muttered as he stared at Kangin awestruck. Never had he seen Kangin laugh like that. He looked so happy, so free.

 

Kangin calmed himself and wiped away a single tear with his fist. “You scream like a girl!” He laughed and slapped his thigh. Leeteuk frowned response. 

 

“Aish!” Jessica muttered as she kept staring down at her shoes, too afraid to try to pass Kangin.

 

“Anyway, Jung Soo, I was wondering if you would want to come to Doo-Joon’s place with me?” Kangin asked while holding his nape and smiling sheepishly.

 

“Huh?” Leeteuk blinked.

 

Kangin huffed. “Come to Doo-Joon’s place with me.” He said and looked Leeteuk straight in the eyes. 

 

“Um, who is Doo-Joon?” Leeteuk asked as he fiddled with the phone in his hands. 

 

“Yes, who is Doo-Joon?” Jessica said and she stood herself beside Leeteuk with her arms crossed as she raised an eyebrow at Kangin. “Probably one of his gang members.” 

 

“Doo-Joon is my dad.” Kangin stated and shot Jessica a quick glare.

 

“Your dad?!” Leeteuk blurted out with wide eyes.

 

“You have a dad?!” Jessica screeched at the same time as her brother. 

 

“Yup.” Kangin answered with a smug grin and nodded. 

 

“But... how?” Leeteuk asked 

 

“Since when?!” Jessica asked and earned looks from both Kangin and Leeteuk. “Never mind...” She mumbled and looked down at her shoes.

 

“I thought you hadn’t talked to your dad for years?” Leeteuk asked as he furrowed his eyebrows slightly. 

 

“I haven’t... well, not until I was expelled. He was the one who picked me up.” Kangin explained with a slight smile. 

 

Leeteuk felt a slight pang in his chest at the mention of Kangin being expelled, and with the look the said man was wearing Leeteuk couldn’t resist. “Okay, I’ll go with you.” He said and smiled warmly.

 

Jessica’s jaw dropped as she stared at her brother. She turned to look at Kangin since she wanted to say something to him, but she decided not to out pure fear and turned back to her brother. “Oppa!” 

 

Leeteuk looked at his sister. “What?” 

 

“What about Taeyeon unnie?” She asked in the most aegyo-filled voice she knew while looking at her brother with puppy eyes. 

 

“Oh!” Leeteuk blurted out and almost dropped the phone. He quickly placed the phone to his ear once he managed to balance it in his hands, not noticing Kangin’s suspicious looks. “Hello? Hello, Taeyeon?” 

 

There was no sound coming from the other line. Leeteuk sighed as he figured that Taeyeon probably hung up on him a long time ago. “I guess I’ll have to apologize to her later...” He muttered to himself. 

 

“Who is Taeyeon?” Kangin asked with a raised eyebrow.

 

“Um-”

 

“No one.” Jessica interrupted Leeteuk and folded her arms as she smiled smugly at Kangin. “Just some girl.” She said and shrugged. 

 

“Jessica,” Leeteuk sighed and glared at Jessica slightly.

 

“What?” Jessica asked while shrugging and looking at her brother. “Isn’t she? She is definitely not a boy.” She said and raised her eyebrows at Kangin.

 

“Alright, Jessica, go to your room.” Leeteuk said as he pulled his sister out of the kitchen.

 

“Why?” Jessica asked while trying to yank her arm free.

 

“Because I say so.” Leeteuk said as he tried to push Jessica up the stairs. 

 

Jessica used her feet to push herself from the stairs and backwards as Leeteuk was pushing her. “But, what am I supposed to do? I want to hang out with you!” 

 

“Well, I am going to Kangin’s place so if you want to hang out with me, you’ll have to go to his place as well.” Leeteuk said as he slowly stopped pushing his sister.

 

Jessica turned to face her brother and bit her lower lip while looking down at her feet. “Fine.” She mumbled. 

 

“No.” Leeteuk said and earned a shocked expression from Jessica. “You’ll have to ask Kangin.” He said as he tried to hold his grin. Truthfully, all he wanted was for his sister and boyfriend to be close instead of fighting each other all the time.

 

Jessica pouted and stood with her arms crossed for a short moment before huffing and starting towards the kitchen with Leeteuk following behind with a smile on his lips. Kangin, who had heard the conversation, was leaning on the kitchen counter with a smirk plastered on his face as Jessica approached him.

 

Jessica puffed her cheeks in annoyance before sighing and looking up into Kangin’s eyes. “Can I come with you and Leeteuk to your house?” She asked.

 

“You look too angry, no.” Kangin said and smirked.

 

Jessica frowned before taking a deep breath. “Kangin, may I please come to your place with you and Leeteuk oppa?” She asked and fluttered her eyelashes.

 

“Hm...” Kangin hummed while rubbing his chin. “I still don’t like your attitude. And you treat me with no respect what so ever even though I am older than you.”

 

Jessica’s face fell in defeat and she pouted unconsciously. She took a deep breath before trying one last time. She folded her hands beneath her chin and looked up at Kangin with sparkling eyes. “Oppa,” She started in a sing song voice. “Can I please come with you and Leeteuk oppa?” She fluttered her eyelashes as she finished the sentence.

 

Kangin looked at her and a smug smile appeared on his face. “Hm...” He sighed. “Well, since you’re asking so nicely,” 

 

Jessica gasped before she grinned widely and started jumping up and down while clapping her hands. “Oh, oppa! Thank you so much! Thank you! Thank you! Tha-” 

 

“No.” 

 

Jessica stopped jumping and her smile disappeared immediately. “H-huh?” She stuttered as her eyebrows furrowed.

 

“Come on, Jung Soo.” Kangin said softly as he took Leeteuk’s hand and headed for the door, leaving a confused and dumbstruck Jessica in the kitchen entrance. 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hi guys! Happy holdays!!! 

First of all I would like to apologize for being gone so long. We litteraly had exams, tests and stuff to turn in throughout November and these last weeks of December. You have no idea how many times I have stayed up to study. Gosh! I am so glad we're finally done and only have a few more days of school :D (at least in my case) 

Um, I feel like I should have given you a better chapter, but you know there are always some not-so-interesting parts in stories, but they have to be there to build up to better things. :-)

Also, the story shall go on and I will put in lots of unexpected events! >:D (at least I hope you don't expect them...) I actually wanted to post two chapters for you guys at least, but as you can see, it did not turn out that way T-T don't kill me!

I noticed that I got some more subscribers while I was gone and as much as I appreciate it, it also made me nervous since I don't want to disappoint any of my readers D: But, thank you all so so much! You guys are seriously the best! <3 

Lastly, I noticed that you can vote for stories, so if you like this one you can vote for it if you'd like :-)

I am pretty sure I'll update before Christmas, but if I don't then I will give you two chapters in one update! ;-) HAPPY HOLIDAYS, EVERYONE! 
Remember to eat well and stay healthy! 

Saranghae!! <3