Chapter 29

KangTeuk lovestory

 

It was Kangin’s first day of school, the day after he was expelled. Throughout his first lessons he was alone, but people were staring at him in curiosity throughout the whole day. People were obviously confused and surprised about Kangin’s sudden return.

Later on that day, during lunch, Kangin met up with Yesung and they both sat down at a random table. 

 

“So, how has your first day been?” Yesung asked.

 

“Painfully slow.” Kangin muttered and looked down at his tray with food. “And yours?”

 

“Same.” Yesung sighed. “Have you seen any of our gang members?” 

 

Kangin shook his head without looking up at Yesung. 

 

“Me neither. Do you think they want revenge or something?” Yesung asked.

 

“They wouldn’t.” Kangin said and looked at Yesung. 

 

“Hm...” Yesung muttered and shrugged as he averted his gaze from Kangin.

 

“Do think they are still sitting in the same place?” Kangin asked and looked around the canteen. Yesung did the same.

 

“I don’t see them.” Yesung muttered and raised an eyebrow. “I guess they were all sent away one by one.”

 

Kangin kept looking and suddenly his eyes landed on someone. “Yah, Yesung...” He muttered as he narrowed his eyes, still looking at the same person.

 

Yesung looked at Kangin and raised his eyebrows. “What?”

 

“Isn’t that Jung Soo’s sister?” Kangin asked.

 

Yesung turned and looked in the direction Kangin was looking. He spotted the petite blond girl at a table further away and shrugged. “Isn’t it?” He asked and smirked at Kangin.

 

Kangin ignored Yesung and got up from his seat. 

 

“Yah, where are you going?” Yesung asked.

 

“I just want to talk to her...” Kangin muttered as he passed Yesung. “I want to know if she has heard from him...”

 

Yesung raised an eyebrow. “But, you would have seen him and Choi if so.” Kangin just ignored Yesung and walked off towards the other table.

 

Jessica, Leeteuk’s sister, was sitting with her friends while eating lunch. She didn’t notice the tall, well-built boy approaching her from behind. Suddenly she felt someone poke her shoulder and when she turned around, she gasped in horror. All of the girls at that table, even other students from other tables, stared at Kangin in great fear, they all knew who he was, either they had heard about him or actually seen his terrible acts. 

 

Kangin sighed. “Are you Jung Soo’s sister?” 

 

Jessica’s lips were trembling as she stared at Kangin with wide eyes. Slowly she nodded her head.

 

Kangin flashed a quick smile. “Okay. I was just wondering if you’ve heard from him lately.” He said.

 

“Wh-what h-have you d-done t-to my b-brother?” She stuttered uncontrollably as tears started welling up in her eyes. She felt worried about her brother’s, but also her own safety.

 

“Nothing.” Kangin said. “Is he home?”

 

Jessica shook her head. “Wh-why are you asking about him?” 

 

“Because I was worried that he got expelled.” Kangin said honestly. 

 

Jessica gasped and her jaw dropped. “Huh? What? Expelled? You were worried?” She blurted out in one go.

 

“Yeah, I was worried he got expelled.” Kangin said simply.

 

“Why?” Jessica asked and frowned a bit.

 

Kangin felt annoyed by all the questions he was receiving and rolled his eyes. “Why do you think I’m here?” He spat.

 

Jessica and the girls at her table flinched at the same time. “I-I-I...” Jessica stuttered and shook her head as if snapping herself out of a trance. “Wh-why w-would my brother b-be expelled? He-he is a g-good student.” She stated. 

 

Kangin sighed heavily. “Are you initiating that I am a bad student?” He asked and glared at Jessica.

 

Jessica felt like crying and a tear even escaped her eye as she shook her head. 

 

“Good.” Kangin said and nodded. “If you hear from him, I want you to tell me right away, got it?” Kangin asked and pointed a finger at Jessica. She nodded hysterically in response.

 

Kangin chuckled and retreated back to his and Yesung’s table.

~~

 

*Knock! Knock!*

 

Leeteuk, who was lost in his own thoughts, flinched and sat up on his bed when he heard the door knock. “Hm?”

 

The door opened and revealed mrs. Shim, and she looked friendlier compared to when she expelled Kangin and Yesung. “Mr. Park, there is a phone call for you.” She said softly. 

 

Leeteuk raised his eyebrows, he was so tired he could barely open his eyes, let alone understand what was going. “Me? From who?” He mumbled.

 

“I think it is one of your family members.” Mrs. Shim said. 

 

Leeteuk nodded and carried himself lazily out of bed and rubbed his eyes as he walked towards mrs. Shim. The latter placed her arm around his shoulder as they walked together down the hallway.

 

“I hope I didn’t disturb your sleep.” She said and smiled at Leeteuk.

 

“No, you didn’t. I wasn’t really sleeping yet anyway.” Leeteuk said and smiled at mrs. Shim. ‘You just stopped me from sulking all night again’ He thought and sighed.

 

Mrs. Shim led Leeteuk to an office and handed him the phone. “I’ll leave for now, so you can talk alone.” She said and smiled before she left and closed the door behind her.

 

“Okay, thank you.” Leeteuk mumbled and smiled as mrs. Shim left. He then placed the phone to his ear. “This is Park Jung Soo speaking.” He muttered as clearly as he could.

 

“LEETEUK! It’s been so long! I’ve missed you so much! You know, life is not as fun without my big brother?” A girl chirped.

 

Leeteuk gasped and his eyes widened. “Jessica?”

 

“The one and only!” She chirped.

 

Leeteuk felt tears well up in his eyes. It had been too long since he had heard from his family, he hadn’t spoken to his sister since the day he left for the school.“Wow... It’s been so long...” He chuckled out of joy.

 

“I know! I’ve missed you a lot!” Jessica said.

 

“I’ve missed you too.” Leeteuk sighed. “How are mom and dad?”

 

“They are... I think they miss you. Ever since you left, they’ve been grumpy.” She muttered. 

 

Leeteuk raised his eyebrows. “Really? If they want me home, they should say so.”

 

“I know, I know, but you know dad. He is too stubborn. I bet he will hug you without letting go when you come home for Christmas, though!” Jessica giggled.

 

“Yeah...” Leeteuk chuckled. “But I still wish he would have called.” He muttered and sighed.

 

“Mm...” Jessica hummed. 

 

“Anyway, why did you call so late? I don’t know about you, but I have classes tomorrow.” Leeteuk said and chuckled.

 

“Oh, right!” Jessica started. “Um... you know that... guy?”

 

Leeteuk frowned. “No.”

 

Jessica sighed. “Yeah, you do! That... guy... with the gang.”

 

Leeteuk raised and eyebrow. “Jessica, you’ve always been bad at explaining. Who are you talking about?”

 

“That... that bully. He that was sent to private school with you.” Jessica muttered.

 

Leeteuk felt he heart skip a beat. “Wh-which one? Y-Yesung?”

 

“N-no. The big one. Kim SooYoung’s brother.” Jessica muttered.

 

“Kangin?” Leeteuk whispered. Suddenly he felt breathless. 

 

“Yeah, him. Kangin.” Jessica said.

 

Leeteuk inhaled. “Wh-what about him?”

 

“H-he asked about you at school today...” 

 

Leeteuk gasped. “What?! Really? Wh-what did he say?”

 

“Th-that if I heard from you, I sh-should tell him right away.” Jessica muttered while trying hard not to stutter.

 

“Oh...” Leeteuk breathed.

 

“He even said he was worried about you.” She added.

 

Leeteuk’s eyes widened in surprise. “He was worried about me?” He placed his right hand on the left side of his chest, where his heart was.

 

“Yeah. He was worried you might have gotten expelled.” Jessica said.

 

“Uh,” Leeteuk mumbled and nodded.

 

A moment of silence passed.

 

“Oppa, why would you get expelled form Saint Michael’s? It doesn’t seem like you.” Jessica asked.

 

“I... I haven’t done anything.” Leeteuk muttered.

 

“But, was Kangin expelled?” 

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Why?”

 

Leeteuk sighed. “B-because I sent him away.” 

 

“...why?” Jessica asked.

 

“I told the counselor he was bullying on school campus.” Leeteuk said and heard Jessica gasp.

 

“Oh, no! Was it very bad?” 

 

“Um... yeah. He... he...” Leeteuk trailed off and rolled his eyes.

 

“What did he do to you? Oppa?!” Jessica asked.

 

Leeteuk took a deep breath. “He stole my heart.”

 

Once again, there was silence.

 

“E-excuse me, what?” Jessica stuttered.

 

“I said; he stole my heart.” Leeteuk said as clearly as he could.

 

“S-so, you love him?” Jessica whispered.

 

“I... I think so.” Leeteuk murmured. “Look, if he asks about me, please tell him that... I... I’m sorry for what happened.”

 

“Un...” Jessica said. “But, oppa, how did this happen?”

 

“I... He... Okay, we-”

 

“Mr. Park, I’ll have to ask you to hang up now. It’s getting late  and you need to sleep.” Mrs. Shim interrupted.

 

Leeteuk turned and smiled at her and nodded. “I have to go now, Sica, but we will talk later. Bye!” He said.

 

“Okay... I love you a lot, oppa!” Jessica said.

 

“I love you too. And tell mom and dad that I love them.” He said and smiled to himself.

 

“I will! Bye now!” Jessica said and hung up.

 

 

--------------------------------------

A/N:

 

I could have sworn that I have posted these two last chapters before, but since I don't see them, I guess I didn't... 

Anyway, I just want you guys to know that I never forgot you and I keep writing whenever I have time. I don't know when I'll update next since I have a few tests coming up these next weeks and I need to study for them.

But, no matter when I update, I'll still keep writing! ;-)

Heads up: there will be some more drama ahead, but these chapters have to be here so that you'll understand what's going on xD

 

Anyway, love you all!!! 

 

Kakamala <3